Financial input demanded - Rafa needs help

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:45 pm

From tonights Echo :

''Benitez needs help and fast. Forget one striker in January, he needs to rebuild an entire squad and that could take years.

Victory over Monaco or Olympiakos will at least ensure some finances.

If some die-hard Red out there has £70m burning his pocket, and is willing to use every penny to assist one of the best coaches in Europe, for the greater good of Liverpool Football Club those at the top must do their duty to ensure it happens, no matter how politically messy it may be.

Otherwise, the likes of Middlesbrough won't be just beating Liverpool in November, they'll be above them in May too.''

Taken straight from tonights Echo, who is this die hard Red out there with the ability to raise £70m ?
I think we all know the answer, but the solution probably spells out doom for David Moores and Rick Parry !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:42 pm

I suspect that the Daily Post and Echo, is laying the ground for an imminent move by Morgan the brickie !!
Why has there been no speculation recently and why has there been no public comment from Morgan on the £22m Operating Loss ?
Probably, because Morgan is deep in negotiations with the LFC Board about taking a hold on the 'control levers' of the club, in return for his investment.
I suspect that recent injuries and results (both financial and on the pitch) have finally opened the eyes the current Board to their fragile position. Unless they act quickly, they are in a downward spiral for both themselves and the club. Failure to qualify for the CL next season will be a Disaster of the most immense magnitude. SG will go, we will not be able to afford a replacement. Rafa will probably feel like jumping ship if he can. The nearest we will get to having a new Stadium will be a look over our fading plan's and pretty picture's.
All of the above must have hit Moores and Parry like a 40 tonne truck, Moores will be looking for the best return that he can get for his current investment and Parry must looking at maintaining the best role for himself at the club or the best pay-off deal. Because, both will know that the alternative doomsday scenario of <4th means a worse fate for them. If they borrow and try to spend their way out of the current position, then a Leeds type of picture open's up.
The only way out is to accept some investment on the best terms available to them, hence the Morgan silence!! They are in negotiations.  :;):  :;):
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:48 pm

It's likely that with Cisse being injured (possibly finished) big money is going to have to be made available at the end of the season. Before we all slag Moores off though, best we remember that he has stuck his hand in his bin more than a few times over recent years, without one single signing ever spectacularly coming off in the style of Anelka, Petit, Overmars etc. That allied to the fact that as much as he has put in the team has gradually, with the odd peak and false dawn along the way, got worse. Maybe in this day and age, probably infact, we need a big benefactor to shovel some money in but Moores's heart is in the right place in my view. He's given it his best shot, just backed the wrong horses in Souness, Evans and Houllier.
I think he's got it right now, but the poor fella has inherited a shambles and has an absolute mountain to climb.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:06 pm

Nothing against Moores as a fan etc. His main problem is his lack of sharp Business Acumen, the club has been run on sentiment and patronage. Great in an ideal world but we are being left in the starting blocks by the hard nosed men in the game. We need more bite in our business affairs, too many bum transfer deals, too many ineffectual hangers on at the club.
Moores will recover more than his investment in the club, but only if he acts decisively and soon. That's why I say a deal is imminent.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby vlady16.1 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:15 am

be careful - don't jump to conclusions-- we've all heard the finest accountant joke :: yada yada yada (i won't bore you with the story) but whats 2+2-- good accountant -- whatever you want--- just saying losses can be anything and moved around for tax purposes -- just watch for cumulative losses and of course "problems" with the new stadium -- rafa wouldn't have come if the ship was sinking
vlady16.1

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:38 am

what happened to that guy who was going to take over and put 100m into the club
i know weve had posts about it, but what ever happened to him
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:39 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:what happened to that guy who was going to take over and put 100m into the club

Mountie, Read the second post. Negotiations are currently taking place with Morgan on his input and the development of a finance package.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:35 am

I read somewhere that we have insurance to pay another players wages from isses injury?
Anyone else know if this is true?
Surely we would need some cover for injuries like this.
Steve Morgan has raised his bid to 100mill, but if he gets in it will be the end of Parry and Moores.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:38 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:what happened to that guy who was going to take over and put 100m into the club

SSsssh! Canadian!! don't say a word, but rumour the guy you are talking is secretly negotiating the transfer of Kewell from Everton  :suspect:  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:39 am

maximus wrote:

SSsssh! Canadian!! don't say a word, but rumour the guy you are talking is secretly negotiating the transfer of Kewell from Everton  :suspect:  :D

:laugh:  :D  :laugh:  He will never live that one down :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:55 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I read somewhere that we have insurance to pay another players wages from isses injury?
Anyone else know if this is true?
Surely we would need some cover for injuries like this.
Steve Morgan has raised his bid to 100mill, but if he gets in it will be the end of Parry and Moores.

The club will undoubtedly have insurance. Club's often insure players against enforced retirement through injury, but it takes years to prove the case, if Cisse were not to play again, like Jim Beglin, they would probably not get any money until 2007. The English FA insure against player wages arising from injuries incurred on International duty and reimburse the club's.
If Morgan does gain control, Moores will move to a non-executive position on the Board. Parry may stay in a transition role, then take an early bath or he may jump into a job with the FA, he has been there before and is well respected. Either way neither Moores or Parry will significantly lose out, Moores will get a handsom return on his investments and Parry will get either a good pay-off or another good job.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redtribe » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:20 pm

Well i have got £1.28
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:54 pm

Interesting article from the editor of another prominent discussion forum

"Liverpool executives fear that they are going to be subjected to a torrent of abuse from shareholders at this year's AGM for failing to secure new investment into the club. I understand that chief executive Rick Parry has privately come underfire from at least one director at the club who feels it's time that a new chief executive was appointed.

Although several parties have been speaking to the club, I understand that one group of potential investors have significantly upped their status and are now having to be taken very seriously by the club despite reluctance from some quarters at Anfield. This group holds some aces up their sleeves which haven't been played yet but when they are, every Liverpool supporter will welcome them with open arms for reasons which will become clearer in the near future.

There is no money to spend once the transfer window re-opens unless the club secures some kind of deal and soon (or culls the squad further). Those negotiating with the club could free up some funds but only if the club get off their ****** and soon. There'll always be a couple of million knocking about but no substantial money is available hence the reason why there are real fears that Steven Gerrard will be sold in the summer and mark my words, it has been under discussion and consideration.

I'm unsure why Rick Parry is receiving a lot of criticism at the moment. He has again been singled out which is worrying. Whether that's fair or not I don't know but it's becoming a regular trend in more and more circles.

I'm told that the club is in a worse state of affairs than what we've been led to believe so the AGM could prove rather interesting. Even if you ignore events that may unfold at the AGM, I firmly believe that something will go down within the next fortnight. We shall see"
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:33 pm

maximus wrote:Although several parties have been speaking to the club, I understand that one group of potential investors have significantly upped their status and are now having to be taken very seriously by the club despite reluctance from some quarters at Anfield. This group holds some aces up their sleeves which haven't been played yet but when they are, every Liverpool supporter will welcome them with open arms for reasons which will become clearer in the near future.

I think the key to taking control of the club, lies with whoever attracts the support from the Granada share-holding. I will be suprised if the potential investors do not include Morgan, who now knows a considerable amount about the finances of the club from the due diligence undertaken in his previous take-over attempts.
Rick Parry and David Moores will be the most resistant to a change in the balance of ownership as they have the most to lose. Although, David Moores will recover all he has invested in the club, but Parry is probably 'toast', but will get a good pay-off and a job with the FA.
A change at the top is long overdue, let's hope it is someone or some group that cares about the traditions of the club and does not just see it as a vehicle to sell another product or simply make a profit.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby adayinthelife » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:13 pm

bigmick wrote:Maybe in this day and age, probably infact, we need a big benefactor to shovel some money in but Moores's heart is in the right place in my view. He's given it his best shot, just backed the wrong horses in Souness, Evans and Houllier.

Thats the point Moores backed the wrong horses and now that he has the right man he won't back him with hard cash and he should step aside and let Morgan give Benitez the cash he needs.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion