Rafa and our financial chaos - Worrying bascombe article

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:42 am

This all sounds pretty crazy.

Why would Moores have sold the club to G/H without solid assurances that the finance to build the stadium was in place?

Why would G/H even bought the club if they knew they could not meet the financial requirements?

According to an article I saw on RAWK, the final decision on the stadium design will be made on the 9th January.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:32 am

It doesn,t look like Rafa will have money to spend in January then.

Hopefully the Arabs will come back in and get rid of Rick Parry instead of Benitez,I just dont like the man, i think he has undermined Benitez in recent weeks.

:(
roberto green

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:06 am

Oh fecking hell, they had me fooled to begin with, with all their promises.

It does appear the Yanks are doing what yanks do best at ... Make a :censored: mess of things and an embarrising ones at that.

Better businessmen, Yanks or Arabs, its gotta be the Arabs. I'm fed up with them already now, hopefully the job is just to big for the might of the Yanks to take on and they f.uck off sooner rather than later and dont hold anyone to ransom over the club.
66-1112520797

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:39 am

Im with Saint on this one ive never trusted them from day one

These yanks have got way in over there head with us. We wouldnt go into dept they said  well i for one am shittin myself of what could be the outcome of this. This clubs boardroom has always been based on tradidion well thats out the window.

I might sound a bit morbid here but i keep thinkin Leeds Utd and unless something is sorted quickly with the financial backing and the proposed loan it could turn into a nightmare.

These yanks could end up turnin this club into a :censored: laughing stock . Some people are sayin there buisiness men theve got other projects to look after thats why there not here. I want our owners to run the :censored: buissnes of Liverpool football club end of.

If they cant manage that then sell now ffs before you bring us down with you
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:01 pm

This is indeed very worrying for the club...

I sense abit of sensationlism though... i don't know... what do you guys think about this bascombe guy...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:06 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Im with Saint on this one ive never trusted them from day one

These yanks have got way in over there head with us. We wouldnt go into dept they said  well i for one am shittin myself of what could be the outcome of this. This clubs boardroom has always been based on tradidion well thats out the window.

I might sound a bit morbid here but i keep thinkin Leeds Utd and unless something is sorted quickly with the financial backing and the proposed loan it could turn into a nightmare.

These yanks could end up turnin this club into a :censored: laughing stock . Some people are sayin there buisiness men theve got other projects to look after thats why there not here. I want our owners to run the :censored: buissnes of Liverpool football club end of.

the problem is that abramovich and thaksin are also foriegn owners and businessmen. But at least they are passionate about football. These americans don't have a clue what football is. They bought LFC purely from a business point of view... and because recently it is fashionable to do so...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Will DIC come and stir G&H' porridge  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:26 pm

maguskwt wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Im with Saint on this one ive never trusted them from day one

the problem is that abramovich and thaksin are also foriegn owners and businessmen. But at least they are passionate about football. These americans don't have a clue what football is. They bought LFC purely from a business point of view... and because recently it is fashionable to do so...

But Abramovitch and Thaksin are there week in week out runnin the club and they are not borrowing money against the clubs there using there own. Im a buisiness woman and i take care of my buisiness as i said before they have got in way over there heads
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:31 pm

They did a bit about this on five live last night, In the U.S the press are talking about G&H doing a cut and run. It seems they might find they are a bit short in money in 2008 (not to do with Liverpool but to do wil the American sports stuff).

to make sure they can still fund their american sports it seem the press over there feel Liverpool will be sold asap.

but

It seems the American press fell out of lover with G&H sometime last year and they have been a bit of a target for the press over there.

Withh all that said five live feel that most of the press stuff is ball but they could not rule out Liverpool being cut short of funds as G&H first love is the American game.(makes more money)
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby poolboyuk » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 pm

Defo a bit of sensationalism and I hear from other posts that he hasnt got his insider contacts at Anfield anymore that he had when he was at the Liverpool Echo. Theres no smoke without fire though but its hard to judge whether its the smoke off a fag end or a full blown inferno!
poolboyuk

Postby Woollyback » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:37 pm

hmmm.....   

i certainly don't believe all i read in the press as at best about 10% of it is true, but i'm feeling a little uncomfortable with the yank desperados right now. they talked a good story when they arrived (and i fell for it, like may others) but that's yanks for you. if they do try for a cut & run next year in an attempt to cash in, then parry should go too - for being naiive enough to allow himself to have his pants pulled down and get bummed by the 2 yanks. but remember it's early days yet, and the vast majority of footy stuff in the press is pure speculation & rumour mongering.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:45 pm

But they lied no borrowing and now no cash :censored: hell Masher is goin on the cheap Carrick cost more what are they waitin for 90/% reduction in the January sales
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:48 pm

The thing that would hurt most Liverpool fans about all this (if true) Is that we trusted them (well i did).
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:01 pm

the yanks are small fry compared to abramovich and thaksin really... if they can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:04 pm

The only possible good investor we could get is someone who is a big Liverpool fan, who has loads of cash and doesnt expect anything in return as he is only doing it out of his love for Liverpool. Unfortunately such a person doesnt exist and whoever we get are in for what they can make out of Liverpool.

DIC are like the name suggest an investment group from Dubai who will be looking at a return for their money.

Whoever takes over i have no problem at all with them using us to make cash but to do so they have to make us successful on and off the pitch. At the moment DIC seem the more attractive option as at least they are run by a genuine Liverpool fan who knows the ins and outs of football.
Last edited by stmichael on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion