Rafa and our financial chaos - Worrying bascombe article

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:08 pm

stmichael wrote:The only possible good investor we could get is someone who is a big Liverpool fan, who has loads of cash and doesnt expect anything in return as he is only doing it out of his love for Liverpool. Unfortunately such a person doesnt exist and whoever we get are in for what they can make out of Liverpool.

DIC are like the name suggest an investment group from Dubai who will be looking at a return for their money.

Whoever takes over i have no problem at all with them using us to make cash but to do so they have to make us successful on and off the pitch. At the moment DIC seem the more attractive option as at least they are run by a genuine Liverpool fan who knows the ins and outs of football.

And we can all back his horses wearing the red colours hes got now and well make money aswell :laugh:

Id sooner have a shake than a yank :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:26 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Id sooner have a shake than a yank :laugh:

Depends if it is strawberry, then again, it depends who is doing the yanking.  :)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:35 pm

This whole business with the Americans is deeply worrying. In their defence, the world financial situation was different this time last year but maybe their intentions are the same as if they wanted to fix it they can.

Should have sold to DIC as an agreement was reached with them and they certainly were loaded. Now more so as the price of oil is more than last year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ade » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:50 pm

Comparisons with Leeds are out of line. The club's finances remain essentially stable, it's our ability (or not) to finance a new stadium that is the real problem - there's no evidence of financial mismanagement that could bring the club down like a pack of cards.

Two things for me: Rafa knows there are real problems behind the scenes and has broken cover, to the extent that he dare. He cares about this club massively and I reckon he knows the Yanks haven't got the money they promised. It's him sending out the signals to us fans.

If it came down to a measly little £17m to sign Masch, I think he would be happy to sell Carson and Sissoko (maybe Riise too) to raise the cash, but that £17m is not the real story.

Second thing, comes back to Rafa again: the fans' recent 'Rafa must stay' campaign was a godsend, cos it proved to Hicks especially that they will be taking on more than they can deal with if they try to get rid of Rafa. And why get rid of Rafa? Not because they don't rate him, they just want someone compliant - Klinsman fits the bill.

I think Hicks and maybe Gillett will try to bail out before the end of this season, as if Rafa leaves the fans will be up in arms, and the warnings from Torres and Reina are loud and clear - sack Rafa and we go too.

The Yanks will be looking to offload us before May. In the long term, it will be the best for the club, but it will be sticky as feck this season.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:51 pm

If the Americans leave, I have a feeling DIC might just slide in.

It's a risky move in this day and age, DIC will need protection.

It's a very sensitive situation that could be potentially painful for DIC.

I'm not sure whether this DIC is big enough for the job.

:laugh:
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby Ade » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:54 pm

stmichael wrote:The only possible good investor we could get is someone who is a big Liverpool fan, who has loads of cash and doesnt expect anything in return as he is only doing it out of his love for Liverpool. Unfortunately such a person doesnt exist and whoever we get are in for what they can make out of Liverpool.

DIC are like the name suggest an investment group from Dubai who will be looking at a return for their money.

Whoever takes over i have no problem at all with them using us to make cash but to do so they have to make us successful on and off the pitch. At the moment DIC seem the more attractive option as at least they are run by a genuine Liverpool fan who knows the ins and outs of football.

you seem to contradict yourself there mate over whether DIC are genuine Liverpool fans (having YNWA as a ringtone doesn't totally convince me) but i'm with you on preferring them to the yanks.

Just hope it gets sorted quickly. Look at the age of our key players (Reina, Torres, Masch and Agger are all 23,24ish) Xabi and Stevie (26/27?) and Babel around 20 and we have a massive future. We must be an attractive proposition.

Shame that Mittal bought into QPR - he is meant to be a real red.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:57 pm

I think we are only prefering them to the yanks because quite frankly there is no other option. We would all ideally like Moores to still be in charge if he had cash on the same scale. I said all along we just need an Abromivich type person, not because they could splash out loads of wonga but because over a sustained period of time he could feed in the cash and get the stadium and everytrhing sorted. All this refinancing is risky and we could end up in the :censored: if we arnt careful.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:01 pm

lets discuss it when it comes from the horses mouth eh guys, i am not too worried, all i can see is normal business practice with someone with another agenda trying to light a fire under nothing
112-1077774096

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:03 pm

Perhaps Pewee but all this talk of Rafa being gagged and Klinsman ect....it just doesnt seem to be going away and quite frankly im worried. There was even someone on here the other week saying how G Ballague had some dinner meeting and it was said that they want to get rid of Rafa ASAP. I wonder if these yanks even know what sort of backlash they could be facing if they messed this club around.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafas-Y-Fronts » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:10 pm

Replacing Benitez with Klinsmann would be complete madness!

Surely this has to be paper-talk and nothing else as Rick Parry has made it quite clear that there is no transfer embargo in place at the club.

I think we are now beginning to see the effects of Rafa not being able to open negotiations with possible targets with him saying that the chance to bring Kaka Kaladze to Anfield on a free transfer seems to have passed us by.

G & H would be better off just remaining in the background as much as possible and sign the cheques when required.

Their knowledge of the game is extremely limited so for them to start calling the shots is a big mistake.
Rafas-Y-Fronts

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:15 pm

bavlondon wrote:Perhaps Pewee but all this talk of Rafa being gagged and Klinsman ect....it just doesnt seem to be going away and quite frankly im worried. There was even someone on here the other week saying how G Ballague had some dinner meeting and it was said that they want to get rid of Rafa ASAP. I wonder if these yanks even know what sort of backlash they could be facing if they messed this club around.

yes mate, the word you use is 'talk', lest just leave it at that, personally i am annoyed with some supporters over this, all they did was stand up to rafa and all of a sudden they are akin to the devil for standing up to saint rafa.

up to know they have made money available to rafa, they have redesigned the stadium, they have not said there will be no money in january and they handled the whole rafa 'dummy out the pram' episode very well.

lets wait until we hear from them
112-1077774096

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:47 pm

peewee wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Perhaps Pewee but all this talk of Rafa being gagged and Klinsman ect....it just doesnt seem to be going away and quite frankly im worried. There was even someone on here the other week saying how G Ballague had some dinner meeting and it was said that they want to get rid of Rafa ASAP. I wonder if these yanks even know what sort of backlash they could be facing if they messed this club around.

yes mate, the word you use is 'talk', lest just leave it at that, personally i am annoyed with some supporters over this, all they did was stand up to rafa and all of a sudden they are akin to the devil for standing up to saint rafa.

up to know they have made money available to rafa, they have redesigned the stadium, they have not said there will be no money in january and they handled the whole rafa 'dummy out the pram' episode very well.

But Peewee mate theve lied when the bought the club it came from there own mouths that we would not go into dept everything was gonna be financed by them now there taking loans against the club were not talking little money here. The interest alone is astronamical .

Its just my opinion but these yanks are not what they seem .

People are goin on about theve given Funds when asked i dont honestly no how much but im sure a lot of it has been recouped from our outgoing players and money from competitions .
Maybe its just me but ill be happier if they put there cards on the table mate and came out and told us the truth

THis has nothing to do with Rafa this is about our club
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:54 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
peewee wrote:

But Peewee mate theve lied when the bought the club it came from there own mouths that we would not go into dept everything was gonna be financed by them now there taking loans against the club were not talking little money here. The interest alone is astronamical .

Its just my opinion but these yanks are not what they seem .

People are goin on about theve given Funds when asked i dont honestly no how much but im sure a lot of it has been recouped from our outgoing players and money from competitions .
Maybe its just me but ill be happier if they put there cards on the table mate and came out and told us the truth

THis has nothing to do with Rafa this is about our club

its a bit harsh to say they lied nanny, i am sure that what they said at the time was genuine, however in life things change, especially in business and sometimes re structuring is needed, the cost of the ground has gone up forcing them into a rethink about how to finance it, but in business very few rich people pay their own money for anything, its actually better for them to borrow money as their investments generally get a better rate of return that the interest on borrowed money. as an example if you have 100,000 quid and are getting interest at 5%, but you need to buy something for 100,000 and can borrow the money at 4% then its good business sense to borrow the money, its an everyday occurrence in business, even branson finances his planes etc.

its normal business practice and not really worth bothering about
112-1077774096

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:12 pm

All I needed to read there was the name Klinsmann. Then I stopped reading. For those two w@nkers to even think of replacing Rafa with him is an insult to this club alone. If it's true, just for this one reason, I want them out as fast as possible, and if possible, have them each presented to a full house at Anfield and receive one mighty hard boot in the boll*cks from every person in the crowd as a send off present. I really hope DIC come in now and take over, afterall, if they are indeed Liverpool supporters as well as business men, then that alone bods better than two football clueless Yanks. Oh, and they may leave those lovely blueprints for that stadium too. At least then it may get a chance to exist. That's my Christmas wish, even though there's a thread for that.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:16 pm

The one part in that story which says to me this is probably just someone throwing stones in the hope of hitting something is Rafa being told he can keep his job till the summer if he keeps his mouth shut, fooking nonsense he would be out of there fasting than a ferret down a rabbit hole if that had happened knowing that civil war would of followed him.

like most of you i get all my info from the news/newspapers and the rumour mill then i have to decide which parts i believe to be true and which is horseshit. its not easy because as of yet G&H have yet to earn our trust and any that they did have is disappearing fast, i think ill wait till next month and see what happens when the new stadium is announced before any public hanging.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion