New Manager - Who would you have? (merged thread)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:48 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:
bavlondon wrote:And for those who say 'he can't do any worse than Rafa' be sure to bear in mind only 3 managers in PL 'history' have better pts ave: 72

stats can be manipulated to prove points.

Points average means nothing. You can have an average of 80 points over 25 years in charge and never deliver a league title.

The situation we find ourselves in now is completly different to that of 3 years ago. Past points achievements mean nothing, if there's going to be a fire-sale and no money to re-invest

The point is though has Hodgsen ever achieved those sorts of points averages? Of course not an yet people are deluded enough to think he will do better.

Mate, you're basing everything on the absolute certainty (in your eyes) that Rafa could have turned things around next season. I (and many others do not believe he could/would have). You would rather have kept Rafa and only moved him on in the event that a manager with a similar high profile was going to come in and that's fair enough. It doesn't mean Hodgson isn't capable of coming in and doing a better job than Rafa would have made of it this coming season. It's not set in stone.

Many of you seem utterly baffled that there are some on here that think Hodgson could do alright at this club.

I know the club is in a complete state at the minute but let's face it, this forum has been complete kack for the last 10 months and it's gonna revert to complete rats...h...i...t the minute this appointment is announced. We'll still be prattling on about Rafa months after he's gone, there's a bunch of posters seemingly waiting to shout "I told you so" if it goes tits up with Hodgson, and even if they don't want to be in a position to say it they will be shouting it from the rooftops never the less, and essentially it's gonna be two-camps arguing with eachother with all the usual personal spats, ongoing agendas and usual forum bulls..h..i..t.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:52 pm

Reg wrote:Glad to see everyones in a crackin' mood.

Is this atmosphere going to last the full length of Woy´s 12 month tenure?

You better believe it  :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Im just going to concentrate my efforts on the removal of the four tumours that are currently killing the club, Ill be busy again tommorrow sending my letters to the FA, RBS, Barcap, Standard Chartered etc.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maickito » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:58 pm

11 years of foreign management  plenty of things to cheer about but no league title was delivered.

Roy Hodgeson isn't my first choice but I hope he surprises a few people. He has prob never spent 20 million on a player so it doesn't really matter if we are broke! I think we don't need 5 new players I just think we need a manger that doesnt persist with :censored: like lucas; ngog; babel or play players out of position or  change players like a woman changes clothes.
Maickito

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Everyone needs to get behind Roy and see how it goes

Liverpool fans will get behind him WHEN he is Liverpool manager but they are well within their right to question his track record and credentials and well within their right to disagree with the appointment but once the season starts the support for the players and manager will start .

Don't really see that happening on this board though. He'd better get off to a good start or he is doomed in so far as constructive discussion goes in here. Not just saying that, that's the truth of it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:06 pm

He better not bring that fuckin Michael Brown with him I hate his guts.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:07 pm

i think roys most important job is to get the best out of aquilani. With roy working at inter milan he should know the italian mentality and language. I just think if we could give aqua a free role behind the striker  and not slate him for being lightweight  and not tackling back. He could be massive for us next season anyone agree?
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:07 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Everyone needs to get behind Roy and see how it goes

Liverpool fans will get behind him WHEN he is Liverpool manager but they are well within their right to question his track record and credentials and well within their right to disagree with the appointment but once the season starts the support for the players and manager will start .

Don't really see that happening on this board though. He'd better get off to a good start or he is doomed in so far as constructive discussion goes in here. Not just saying that, that's the truth of it.

It is true Scott but who will be the first bunch to start on the manager
Benny The Noon

Postby dundreamin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:09 pm

So has ROY been officially announced as manager then?  Or am i missing the point!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Ciggy wrote:He better not bring that fuckin Michael Brown with him I hate his guts.

Second that! He's a complete wan*er of a player!

On the other hand, I do v.much hope he brings Brede Hangeland to the club. absolutely quality player and the closest thing to Sami Hyppia in English football. Buy him and let Carra and Agger compete for a spot next to him. Quality player.

And if we buy Bobby Zamora I will back-track on every single word of support I have offered Roy's defence and promise to refer to him as Woy forever on!

Don't think there is anybody else worth stealing from Fulham although I would have taken Danny Murphy on a cheap last season. Would have been better than anything else (from an attacking point of view) in our midfield last time out.
Last edited by Scottbot on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Will happen on Thursday
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maickito » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Bargain basement----get Landon Donovan in !
Maickito

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:17 pm

dundreamin wrote:So has ROY been officially announced as manager then?  Or am i missing the point!

He has now.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:23 pm

was someone quoted as saying he will be announced on thursday or is it just rumour??
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Just announced on Sky News....
SHYTE ! And DOUBLE-SHYTE !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion