RAFA BENITEZ LEAVES LIVERPOOL - Official Thread, includes merged threads

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:53 am

Penguins wrote:Let me break the news to you....

The will be no title challenge next season.. or the season after that.

Mate, we've been completely out of the title race by CHRISTMAS in 5 of the last 6 seasons so it's not exactly anything new to LFC fans is it?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maickito » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 am

At least if we got Hodgson or Daglish the post match interview might be worth hanging around for! There would be a little less dribble ! And as Scot said 5 out of 6 league campaigns we have been no where near the title, at that rate we should have picked up a couple more league and fa cups at the very least

Benitez bought into Liverpool but he was well able to manipulate our hatred towards the owners to cover up his own mistakes. Granted this season even he couldn't hide 7th place- dumped out of all cups. Once again no title challenge- finished outside top 4 again.

I don't doubt his ability but putting aside istanbul it wasnt a very successful period of benitez' career either- best for everyone to move on

Fact is no body could trust him with money anymore ; he bought johnson for 20 mill and aqua for 20 mill arguably in the most crucial period of his plan. Both players were hardly needed and esp for that price. Thats what finished him at liverpool- anyone in a job that has been performing poorly then proceeds to spend money where it necessarily isnt need or where it wont bring the team forward must fall on his own sword
Maickito

Postby shawnk » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:33 am

This thread should now move to Inter Milan forum.
shawnk

Postby anti-hero » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:36 am

funny thing rafa benitez. :D

he leaves us, a team languishing in 7th place, having had their worst season in about two decades, and he gets a job with the current european champions. it boggles the mind lol :D

you'd think he'd get a demotion no?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:"Knock three times if you can here me " ?
:D

pmsl

Its more like

knock three times if you see the person that they pulled the creditcard info up for the last year so they can tell you that you have been on a trip  or been buying cars and things like that lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 am

I get the impression the Rafa debate will rage well into next season. The posters who wanted him to stay will say I told you so (as they are doing already) when things go awry and those who wanted a new manager will be backing their own case at every opportunity. It's like he's still here.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loopyliverpool » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:16 am

I said at the time I thought they were a bit hasty getting rid of Rafa with regards the payoff. If they had waited we might of actually received a few quid which could have gone towards a new player/s. Anyway Rafa has gone and good luck to him.

I don't think Daglish will take the job otherwise they wouldn't have put him in charge of finding a replacement! Unless we get new investment or new owners I cannot see a big name manager coming in so I would go for Hogson, who I think will steady the ship on limited funds.
loopyliverpool

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:27 am

Maickito wrote:At least if we got Hodgson or Daglish the post match interview might be worth hanging around for! There would be a little less dribble ! And as Scot said 5 out of 6 league campaigns we have been no where near the title, at that rate we should have picked up a couple more league and fa cups at the very least

Benitez bought into Liverpool but he was well able to manipulate our hatred towards the owners to cover up his own mistakes. Granted this season even he couldn't hide 7th place- dumped out of all cups. Once again no title challenge- finished outside top 4 again.

I don't doubt his ability but putting aside istanbul it wasnt a very successful period of benitez' career either- best for everyone to move on

Fact is no body could trust him with money anymore ; he bought johnson for 20 mill and aqua for 20 mill arguably in the most crucial period of his plan. Both players were hardly needed and esp for that price. Thats what finished him at liverpool- anyone in a job that has been performing poorly then proceeds to spend money where it necessarily isnt need or where it wont bring the team forward must fall on his own sword

I also believe that people forgive him his mistakes because of the owners.
If they were not here he would have had alot more unhappy fans.
I agree with any fan that says getting rid of the owners is more important. But that doesnt mean we should stick by someone who is not doing the job we need him to.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:52 am

THIS THREAD HAS NOW BEEN CLOSED ....

FEEL FREE TO CREATE A NEW THREAD IN WORLD WIDE FOOTBALL IF IT CONCERNS BENITEZ AND INTER MILAN
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion