RAFA BENITEZ LEAVES LIVERPOOL - Official Thread, includes merged threads

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:46 pm

not only have we done ourselves out of compensation, we fooking paid him to leave.

the people running our club havnt got a clue, i just dont trust any of them to do whats best for the club and the fans, we really are fooked folks, the grim reaper is around the corner sharpening his scythe.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:02 pm

Rafa wasnt suited to the premiership in terms of us winning it, thats pretty obvious

hes a great manager though and will dominate at inter

its just the timing that bugs me, the state the club is in means we cant replace with someone with a better track record so why do it now?

roy hodson? o please, this guy aint won the league in a decent country and has never won a decent cup in a decent country
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Maickito » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Rafa will do a great job at inter I imagine but 1 title push in 6 years wasn't enough for liverpool

Time for everyone to move on ; whoever comes in needs to be shown the same support Benitez was given.

We still have a squad very capable of getting Champions league football;
Our situation isn't half as bad as the Pro Rafites would care to suggest

We still have a stronger team than man city ; spurs and aston villa............whoever comes in needs to convince gerrard and torres to give us one last season and make some intelligent signing -  the likes of kevin doyle instead of these shi----te imports we have come to used tooooooo
Maickito

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:51 pm

might get rid of me lfc tattoo on my arm and get a new rafa benitez one.
Some of you people puzzle me.
Rafa loved the club and was the only one interested in getting rid of the owners ?
Well he didnt take long to move on did he ?
Like a bird that says i love you and then things end and you see her out that week necking someone else.
Not that i give a feck, i am glad we have moved on. But cant see why everyone thinks this man had so much loyalty.
Your opinions are all based on speculation and the fact that he was also arguing with people we all want rid of.
Doesnt mean he wasnt always out for himself first and foremost - as proved this week for me.
For christs sake loads have said he deserved more than 6 million ?
Why ?
He should have been sacked without a penny after last season.
houlliers payout was also ridiculous,
difference for me was the club wasnt on its knees at the time, but rafa still took the money, got a new supposedly higher paid job in a few days and compensation.
For what ???
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:01 am

If Rafa didn't take the money, where would it have gone? ???
LFC2007

Postby Maickito » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:08 am

I agree with Ben Patrick ; too many fans made a God out of Benitez; as a person I did like him ; I agree with every single fan that says he did everything possible to make Liverpool a successful club again. And I suppose If I were manager and I depised my bosses then I would give serious thought to screwing them for as much as possible. But If i loved the club as much as Benitez did then I wouldn't take 6 million out of an already limited budget for players esp considering I was taking up the inter job ( Benitez must have been talking to several clubs- the inter job was wrapped up too soon to suggest otherwise)

At the end of the day Benitez is now the Inter manager- In 6 months he will be Inter through and through so its time for everyone at our club to move on too and support whoever comes in.

The thread should be even be ended before any more fights break out in here. Time for a united front. We all have our different views/ each other's equally right/ but we all want whats best for the club.
Maickito

Postby Scottbot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:26 am

There's deffo something suss with this whole thing though. Why sack Benitez? Why not make it known to Inter that should they approach the club, they will be given permission to speak to Rafa and that there will be no buyout or compensation required. for a club that is millions in debt, it doesn't make any sense, especially considering the speed at which inter have moved for Rafa.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Maickito » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:37 am

Scottbot is right , Signing for inter so quickly just doesn't make sense- 6 million - he doesnt deserve compensation in the region ??? surely !
Maickito

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:57 am

A contract is a contract.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

shabelle50 wrote:
Penguins wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:I am still glad he has gone.
Just p!ssed off that it cost 6 million.

And whose fault was that?
100% the club and noone elses. Just another example how great shape this club is in right now.
Rafa was entitled to 16 so it could had been worse.
GH got even more once again from stupid decisions by the club and noone else.

Cos it was Parry and not Benitez who decided to sign Morientes, Nunez, Gonzalez, Pennant, Josemi, Kromkamp, Paletta, Sissoko, Bellamy, Keane and Dossena?

If you want half an explanation as to why Benitez had little spending power last summer, apart from being shafted by the Americans, look at the wasted millions above?

Without Istanbul I doubt he'd have lasted six years.

Oh lord.

And you belittle Rafa's achivement incredibly.

He made us a force in Europe again. We were practically nothing for 15 years besides 1 run in the Uefa cup...

All those "poor signings" are eradictaded by one other he made- Torres. Probably a cool 50 million in profit on a player he bought from the fat spanish waiter who waste money....

You say Istanbul saved his fat ***. Well, soon you will only dream of nights like those as we will be nowhere near those magic games at Anfield in the CL vs Milan, Barca, Chelski, Juventus etc.

You are just one of many deluded fans who still think we are force everyone because of what it says on the shirt and not the harsh reality of professional football.

Let me break the news to you....

The will be no title challenge next season.. or the season after that.
But I guess all the anti-Rafa will either have to:

a) continue to blame Rafa for not winning the league the next 5 years
b) find another scape goat

Because it can't be that noone can make us a winning team unless we have owners who know how to run a football club....?

But by all means, continue to be ignorant of what is happening to the club and demand league title challenge every season... :no

When in truth we are closer to midtable obscurity...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:06 am

i will never ever belittle rafa's achievments.
Winning no5 with that squad was an unbelievable acheivement.
But, before him we got to the quarters of the champions league and if he didnt take hamann off prob the semis. Rafa without doubt moved it on, but is/was he as good as you all think ?

Personally i dont.
Ben Patrick

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:08 am

Penguins wrote:
shabelle50 wrote:
Penguins wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:I am still glad he has gone.
Just p!ssed off that it cost 6 million.

And whose fault was that?
100% the club and noone elses. Just another example how great shape this club is in right now.
Rafa was entitled to 16 so it could had been worse.
GH got even more once again from stupid decisions by the club and noone else.

Cos it was Parry and not Benitez who decided to sign Morientes, Nunez, Gonzalez, Pennant, Josemi, Kromkamp, Paletta, Sissoko, Bellamy, Keane and Dossena?

If you want half an explanation as to why Benitez had little spending power last summer, apart from being shafted by the Americans, look at the wasted millions above?

Without Istanbul I doubt he'd have lasted six years.

Oh lord.

And you belittle Rafa's achivement incredibly.

He made us a force in Europe again. We were practically nothing for 15 years besides 1 run in the Uefa cup...

All those "poor signings" are eradictaded by one other he made- Torres. Probably a cool 50 million in profit on a player he bought from the fat spanish waiter who waste money....

You say Istanbul saved his fat ***. Well, soon you will only dream of nights like those as we will be nowhere near those magic games at Anfield in the CL vs Milan, Barca, Chelski, Juventus etc.

You are just one of many deluded fans who still think we are force everyone because of what it says on the shirt and not the harsh reality of professional football.

Let me break the news to you....

The will be no title challenge next season.. or the season after that.
But I guess all the anti-Rafa will either have to:

a) continue to blame Rafa for not winning the league the next 5 years
b) find another scape goat

Because it can't be that noone can make us a winning team unless we have owners who know how to run a football club....?

But by all means, continue to be ignorant of what is happening to the club and demand league title challenge every season... :no

When in truth we are closer to midtable obscurity...

i run in the uefa cup ?
Winning it ?????

lend me your blinkers.
Ben Patrick

Postby Penguins » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:28 am

Ben Patrick wrote:i will never ever belittle rafa's achievments.
But, before him we got to the quarters of the champions league and if he didnt take hamann off prob the semis. Rafa without doubt moved it on, but is/was he as good as you all think ?

Personally i dont.

CL and the Uefa cup is totally different class.
The Uefa cup is more or less the European cup taking away the top teams in Europe. Before Rafa we got to the quarters ONCE in 15 years. With Rafa we got to the semis 3 times and the final twice getting us some truly memorable games along the way.
We had one great season under GH and that still didn't produce either of the 2 biggest prizes in football, the title and the CL.
Besides that 1 year we won practically nothing besides a league cup. Before Rafa came how many truly world class players did we have at the club since the 80's? Gerrard and then nothing.
Rafa brought us Alonso, Masch, Torres, Reina all of whom I see as world class today.
Once they are gone I am sure you'll miss them badly as it'll be a while until we get such quality again...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:36 am

Ben Patrick wrote:i will never ever belittle rafa's achievments.

Personally i dont.

I can agree with you to some extent that Rafa isn't god and that he made his fair share of mistakes both in the transfer market and tactically. But then I say:

SO DO ALL OF THEM!

Rafa is no Mr Perfect but name me a manager that is or a manger in england who has won titles with wages and spending that isn't in the absolute top bracket.

Wenger is the closest, but he isn't winning any titles at all.
Fergie, Mourinho wasted a shedload of cash and at the same rate as Rafa bu they had more, that is the difference.

Just as Rafa bought Keane, Fergie bought Veron. Just as rafa bought Torres, Fergie bough Rooney. Rafa bought Aqua, well Fergie bought Hargreaves.
Same failure rate but Rafa get all the :censored: cause fergie got another shedload of cash to get Carrick.
Rafa didn't so he is crucified....

There will not be a manager that won't ever fail with transfers!
And counting freebies and £1 million players as failures is just a pathetic excuse to crucify a manger for not getting any funds from the owners.

Like Shankley said. The owners are there to sign the cheques.
PROBLEM IS THEY DON'T!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:42 am

Penguins wrote:Before Rafa came how many truly world class players did we have at the club since the 80's? Gerrard and then nothing.
Rafa brought us Alonso, Masch, Torres, Reina all of whom I see as world class today.

Perceptions change, the same sentiments but different names in past eras ie before Rafa came you'd have said something similar about Houllier.

Is Gerrard "truly world class" ? Certainly doesn't cut it on the international stage which MICHAEL OWEN did. You also conveniently ignore SAMI HYYPIA and legend ROBBIE FOWLER. It is all about perception, but can you fairly compare great players of the past with a current player without falling into the usual trap of the recency effect? Fowler and Owen after him were both hugely important players, their importance to the club in the same bracket as Gerrard's.

To suggest/imply Rafa is the only manager since Dalglish to bring us quality is blinkered/short-sighted to say the least.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion