All things Rafa (merged threads) - stick yer Rafa sh'it in here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:32 pm

Dundalk wrote:
bigmick wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Talking about Rafa now on 5live!

They're probably talking about him Radio Merseyside as well. They could just merge the channels.

:laugh:

Fuckin belter.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 pm

How many other managers have won at the Nou Camp, the San Siro and the Bernabeu in the space of two years?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:37 pm

Dundalk wrote:
bigmick wrote:

They're probably talking about him Radio Merseyside as well. They could just merge the channels.

class BM

Rafa always achieves on nights like this. Amazing stuff.

Dundalk, Rafa truly is one of a kind in this competition, no question, is there anyone with a record that comes close?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby aCe' » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:45 pm

bigmick wrote:

:D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:02 am

Greavesie wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
bigmick wrote:

class BM

Rafa always achieves on nights like this. Amazing stuff.

Dundalk, Rafa truly is one of a kind in this competition, no question, is there anyone with a record that comes close?

sgt pepper was a good record

:D
roberto green

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:42 am

I said it was all bollox.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:01 am

I'd say that I've read more than 20 times, written by several people that Rafa gives more importance to the CL than to the Premiership.

Often, those Heimdallisms are wielded as it was truth, and you have to accept it as an opinion.

But then,  I see details. 2 different players, both of them key, same injury, different decissions.

* Torres was played in the premier league as soon as possible
* Gerrard hasn't been risked today in  massive game despite he was able to play.

So this is where, I think, Heimdall should come and explain this Rafalite whether not risking Gerrard today is a sign of the importance he gives to the league or not.

If he thinks it's not a signing of that at all, I'd love to know why he thinks the opposite. Based on what facts.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:39 am

Good post Sabre and well spotted.... :laugh: :laugh:

Lets see the miserable barstools replt to that.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:42 am

Sabre wrote:I'd say that I've read more than 20 times, written by several people that Rafa gives more importance to the CL than to the Premiership.

Often, those Heimdallisms are wielded as it was truth, and you have to accept it as an opinion.

But then,  I see details. 2 different players, both of them key, same injury, different decissions.

* Torres was played in the premier league as soon as possible
* Gerrard hasn't been risked today in  massive game despite he was able to play.

So this is where, I think, Heimdall should come and explain this Rafalite whether not risking Gerrard today is a sign of the importance he gives to the league or not.

If he thinks it's not a signing of that at all, I'd love to know why he thinks the opposite. Based on what facts.

Wait...are you telling me that that journo had it wrong when he suggested that Gerrard was perfectly fit to play against the mini Mancs on Sunday?!?  And does that mean, by extension, that Rafa wasn't simply taking the p!ss that day by saving him for the Champions League?!?  Who would have thought?  :glare:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:28 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I said it was all bollox.

has your bollox been merged also ?  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:30 pm

bigmick wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
bigmick wrote:Just out of interest, why doesn't raf simply talk to the press, tell them it's a load of b0ll0cks and that we are going to concentrate our efforts on winning a football match.

Maybe he hasn't spoken to the press because the story only hit the headlines today and he's in Madrid AND yer might find this hard to belive but he's preparing for a MASSIVE game.

I know it's a p'isser that just when we want him to talk to the press he's outfoxed us again by concentrating on the footy   :angry:

:p

:) No need to be angry Woof. The story has been doing the rounds for a number of hours now, Rafa could do a press statement via an intermediary, or he could do it himself. He finds time usually to get little statements out via his pet journalist when it suits him, so that would do...

Ballaque "I have spoken to Rafa this morning and he is laughing at the rumours. I can assure Liverpool fans they are 100% fabrication and Rafa is concentrating on tonights match"..

Not that difficult really is it.

Is this the same Ballague who was interviewed on Sky Sports in the afternoon laughing at the rumours saying it was nonsesne more or less saying what you hypothetically quoted him as saying :laugh:

And the SG is fit rumour that people picked up on to have a go at Rafa

Its hard not to get angry
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:34 pm

taff wrote:
bigmick wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
bigmick wrote:Just out of interest, why doesn't raf simply talk to the press, tell them it's a load of b0ll0cks and that we are going to concentrate our efforts on winning a football match.

Maybe he hasn't spoken to the press because the story only hit the headlines today and he's in Madrid AND yer might find this hard to belive but he's preparing for a MASSIVE game.

I know it's a p'isser that just when we want him to talk to the press he's outfoxed us again by concentrating on the footy   :angry:

:p

:) No need to be angry Woof. The story has been doing the rounds for a number of hours now, Rafa could do a press statement via an intermediary, or he could do it himself. He finds time usually to get little statements out via his pet journalist when it suits him, so that would do...

Ballaque "I have spoken to Rafa this morning and he is laughing at the rumours. I can assure Liverpool fans they are 100% fabrication and Rafa is concentrating on tonights match"..

Not that difficult really is it.

Is this the same Ballague who was interviewed on Sky Sports in the afternoon laughing at the rumours saying it was nonsesne more or less saying what you hypothetically quoted him as saying :laugh:

And the SG is fit rumour that people picked up on to have a go at Rafa

Its hard not to get angry

I just think its funny that people still fall for it whenever we have a big game and theres some bullsh!t story
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Yes its a terrible indictment of this forum that people CHOSE to pick up on the negative aspect and argue about it, and NOT ONE PERSON chose to pick up on the positive that Gerrard would be fit to play against Real Madrid.
account deleted by request

Postby taff » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:10 pm

Statement from LFC that he was 50/50 and waiting late fitness test.  Hard to get positive about that

Rumour from journalist that he was fit on the weekend and could have played = oh no Rafa doesnt care about the league.

I honestly dont know what else to say Saint.  Why doesnt Heimdell just say I got that wrong and was quick to doubt Rafa.  Then I would respect him
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:11 pm

s@int wrote:Yes its a terrible indictment of this forum that people CHOSE to pick up on the negative aspect and argue about it, and NOT ONE PERSON chose to pick up on the positive that Gerrard would be fit to play against Real Madrid.

Or the positive in the fact we won last night without him and didnt have to risk him and he will be even more ready for the next game .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion