MIDDLESBROUGH VS LIVERPOOL - pre-match discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Varekai » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:03 pm

If after this game some people say Gonzales is :censored: i dont know what's left for the rest of the team.
Varekai

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:09 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
metalhead wrote:
BOODIDDY wrote:Give the youngsters a try, what have we to lose.

Sure... You have no idea what you are talking about! This isn't football manager game, this is real life for FFS! playing youngsters on the wing is a mistake! why? because they are not ready to play! They need bloody experience.

Metal head how else are they going to get experience?  Champions league wednesday night is ideal.  Were allready threw so a perfect opportunity to gain experience.

Kewell played a major part in our great end to last season.  I understand people get frustrated with him as his had mroe sicknotes then me lol.  But I cant wait to see a fit Kewell again.

You can loan the youngsters to get experience, but putting them on the field with no experience is a huge mistake.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:12 pm

metalhead wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Sure... You have no idea what you are talking about! This isn't football manager game, this is real life for FFS! playing youngsters on the wing is a mistake! why? because they are not ready to play! They need bloody experience.

Metal head how else are they going to get experience?  Champions league wednesday night is ideal.  Were allready threw so a perfect opportunity to gain experience.

Kewell played a major part in our great end to last season.  I understand people get frustrated with him as his had mroe sicknotes then me lol.  But I cant wait to see a fit Kewell again.

You can loan the youngsters to get experience, but putting them on the field with no experience is a huge mistake.

remember in the old days very few first team player were under 25!
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:12 pm

metalhead wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
metalhead wrote:

I cant recall Gerrard or Fowler or Carra going on loan to any teams so at some point they had to be put on the pitch old chap.  Hammil or Anderson for me anyways on wednesday.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:19 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
metalhead wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
metalhead wrote:

I cant recall Gerrard or Fowler or Carra going on loan to any teams so at some point they had to be put on the pitch old chap.  Hammil or Anderson for me anyways on wednesday.

Thats different, all three of those players were proven quality players even through childhood. i cant see any real quality coming through at the minute (not world class potential anyway)
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:42 pm

i thought we played well but the weak links were obvious: gonzalez and pennant
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby A.B. » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:51 pm

PabloAimar wrote:i thought we played well but the weak links were obvious: gonzalez and pennant

Played well? What game were you watching? We were so predictable it was unbeliavable. Our movement off the ball was none exisistant.

No creativity,no sense of balance,no passion,no hunger,no aggression.

We were poor. Boro were the worst side we played this season and it took them fifty minutes to get a shot on goal, but we couldn't make them pay. We had more of the ball but did NOTHING with it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:58 am

BOODIDDY wrote:Pennant and gonzalez get fu..cked your both c..rap and need to go. New full backs and wingers. Who hates Harry Kewell now?

Give the youngsters a try, what have we to lose.

i agree about gonzalez and  pennant,but we do have luis garcia and kewell,both injured atm,

and ,dont put down the full backs,riise and finnan,

riise is good for goal everynow and then and  he has been a main factor in our team for the past 3 years

finnan is one of the best right backs in the world so dont put him down either,he is class and u cant drop a player like him as rafa did prove last year

we have  a decent team only for one or two greedy young wingers,and a few wasters....if u look at our best starting lineup ,on paper its class
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:27 am

overall i would say we had a much improved performance from last week, and it was pleasing to see us completly boss an away game for the entire 90 mins for the first time in god know's when. But it was a very frustrating game, and we should of won it comfortably.

The wingers where poo today, but at least they had a go, and didnt look so scared of having the ball, hopefully they can improve from here, especially in the crossing department, Gonzalez and Pennant must have put in about 20 crosses between them.

Bellamy seems completly uncapable of making a partnership with anyone, and seriously lacks quality IMO, and needs to be dropped to the reserves and his place on the bench taken by Fowler. I mean this side is crying far a finisher who can score a half chance, and Fowler cant even get a damn minute of the subs bench, while Craig Bellamy consistently fails to impress!

The positives today are that we didnt lose or concede and thats something to build on for the next away game. Ive said before that finally we have decent run of fairly easy games for the first time this season, so hopefully now we can go on a run of some sort and get the points total up.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:00 am

rafa says we created many chance but thats rubbish.  a side with s much possesion has to create more than we did.
puroresu

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:08 am

puroresu wrote:rafa says we created many chance but thats rubbish.  a side with s much possesion has to create more than we did.

we made enough chances to win it, but there could and should have been more, but in general as a team we need to be more clynical.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:11 am

the liverpool back line are very patient wiht there back passing and then they deside to hoof the ball up to  little bellamy
this happened alot in the arsenal game and if u look before arsenal scored there second goal,u see hyypia and carragher nocking the ball around then the decide to hoof it up the field  and the arsenal defenders won the ball then the attcked us goal,have a look at the  second arsenal goal and u will se what im talkin about
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:49 am

SO no one else saw the two blatent penalties then?

BOODIDDY - shut up you silly tart. Finnan and Riise did nothing wrong today.

Gonzalez is lacking in confidence. Pennant is just sh*t.

If no-one thinks that that was a good performance for us, considering the current climate and our recent record at The Riverside, then f*ck knows what will make you say it.

Everything was there but a goal. Everything.

Stop whinging ffs - you're boring the tits off me with all this "sell so and so" b*llocks.

Give it a fricking rest.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:08 am

Disappointed that we didn't win obviously, but I'd settle for a point given that it's confidence our guys need and at least they stopped the rot of the away defeats, for now at least.

Self-belief and confidence are needed. We have the players to excel, we've got one of the best managers in the world. We just need to believe that we can muller teams away from home.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:48 am

coddy wrote:
BOODIDDY wrote:a fat nonce who beats people and puts crosses in. Remember Chelsea semi final olmpiakos etc. Rather than the brylcreem nonce ya :censored:

Remember Patrik Berger??? he did that every 5 minutes on the pitch, not just once in 3 years. Sorry but the left side isnt the problem, if Riise played left wing and Warnock, Fabio at LB then we would be much stronger. (even in the long term)

I find that amusing.  I am of the opinion that the loss of Kewell has been a huge reason why we have not looked good this season.  Gonzalez is not ready for regular first team football at our club.  Kewell was great for all of last season.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion