MIDDLESBROUGH VS LIVERPOOL - All pre match discussion, team's etc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:11 pm

lets just support rafa and the team .... evryone goes through tough phases !
this is soon blow over .. in my book we are still a few quality players short of a league winning team . the depth of out current squad isnt good enough to win the league ..simple as .
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Man that was painful on Saturday. I couldn't believe what I was watching, especially in the first half. I though we were poor first half against Man City but on Saturday it was even worse.

We selected the wrong players to start with which was borne our by the fact we made three quick subs in the second half. We had two left backs on the left side when Middlesborough had no players of any note down that side. We had no creativity at all. Something has to give. I don't know how much of this is the psychological wash out from the lingering cloud. I feel now we are at the point that until they properly back Rafa, I don't mean half ar$ed public denials and back, I mean proper unequivocal support then things won't get any better. So, in a sense, I suppose it's either back him or sack him, you pair of tw@ts. :angry:

Also, get Gerrard out of the centre and play Babel up front with Torres. Gerrard, and the English media can cry all they like, is not good enough in the centre week in week out. He was, imo, at fault for the first goal, he just looked at Boateng as he jogged by him, never tracked the run, then Boateng scored. He's too lazy in the centre. His best position is breaking onto attacks, he's not a midfielder who can sit and dominate and I don't think Rafa really knows what to do with him. I'm a Gerrard fan but to me he's very attack minded to be playing in our midfield.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion