MIDDLESBROUGH VS LIVERPOOL - pre-match discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:34 pm

murphy0151 wrote:One word somes our season up so far, FRUSTRATING.

Pennant and Gonzales today couldnt cross a coupon.  The reason why Gerrards played on the right is cause Penannt has been rubbish.  To be honest both our flanks are shiiite from back to front Riiise shiiiite, Finnann been :censored: this season, Pennant shocking, Gonzales there is defo quality there but to me hes not the same player as he was in spain.  Just look at his facial expression,  he looks like a kid who has just had his ice cream robbed.  In spain he looked so relaxed and played with a smile on his boat race but hopefully that smile will return with us.

The way Pennant has been playing I would give one off the youngsters a game before him.  Wednesday night throw Anderson or Hammil in on the right.  What have we got to lose.

Bit hard on Riise and Finnan but otherwise your spot on Murph
account deleted by request

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:36 pm

s@int wrote:

Pennant and Gonzales today couldnt cross a coupon.  The reason why Gerrards played on the right is cause Penannt has been rubbish.  To be honest both our flanks are shiiite from back to front Riiise shiiiite, Finnann been :censored: this season, Pennant shocking, Gonzales there is defo quality there but to me hes not the same player as he was in spain.  Just look at his facial expression,  he looks like a kid who has just had his ice cream robbed.  In spain he looked so relaxed and played with a smile on his boat race but hopefully that smile will return with us.

The way Pennant has been playing I would give one off the youngsters a game before him.  Wednesday night throw Anderson or Hammil in on the right.  What have we got to lose.

the reason why gonzo isnt loving it at the mo is cause hes in and out of the side

wingers need confidence to do what they do

confidence comes from a run in the team to get mega sharp
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby oakton » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:38 pm

u know Gonzales made 2 brilliant crosses and he looks like he was working well with Crouch, then guess what? He went off and Zenden replaced him!!
oakton

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:40 pm

Middlesborough Stats 1 shot 2 corners 14 fouls

Liverpool stats 16 shots 12 corners  4 fouls
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:42 pm

I see today as 2 points lost, not an improved performance. id like to see the possession  count......
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:43 pm

joko wrote:
CharmlessMan wrote:
oakton wrote:Corner kicks were really bad, stop making Penant kicking them please, i know gerrard is out of form but can we get him to do the corner kicks? or even Alonso?

I've never understood why Alonso doesn't take our set pieces. If I was Rafa I'd seriously consider that, it's worth a shot, we have little to lose by doing it.

was thinking of agger to so that instead

That would be a stroke of tactical genius, get Agger to take corners and what happens if he's taking them against a quick team on the counter attack like Arsenal? We'll be left exposed and out numbered at the back. I've not seen any evidence of Agger's set piece ability, I'm not a fan of giving him too many responsibilities early in his career, I want him to gel in and learn the trade, and I want him to be comfortable playing, where he can enjoy his football without having the added responsibility of whipping in corners and free kicks.
67-1161385641

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:43 pm

Pennant and gonzalez get fu..cked your both c..rap and need to go. New full backs and wingers. Who hates Harry Kewell now?

Give the youngsters a try, what have we to lose.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:44 pm

LittleHobo wrote:
s@int wrote:

the reason why gonzo isnt loving it at the mo is cause hes in and out of the side

wingers need confidence to do what they do

confidence comes from a run in the team to get mega sharp

LOL Gonzales has had a few games in a row now hasnt he?

Or im I tripping me box off again?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:45 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:Pennant and gonzalez get fu..cked your both c..rap and need to go. New full backs and wingers. Who hates Harry Kewell now?

Harry Kewell is a fat nonce who needs to get lost. and get a haircut!
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:46 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:Give the youngsters a try, what have we to lose.

Sure... You have no idea what you are talking about! This isn't football manager game, this is real life for FFS! playing youngsters on the wing is a mistake! why? because they are not ready to play! They need bloody experience.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:47 pm

a fat nonce who beats people and puts crosses in. Remember Chelsea semi final olmpiakos etc. Rather than the brylcreem nonce ya :censored:
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:49 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:Pennant and gonzalez get fu..cked your both c..rap and need to go. New full backs and wingers. Who hates Harry Kewell now?

We have points to lose by playing youngsters. Why are some people acting like we've just been relegated? The idiotic comments like "play youngsters", "sell Pennant, sell Gonzales" are completely unnecessary, lets try and keep things in a realistic perspective shall we?

Today's result was bad, I'm not going to deny that, we should of won, but we did get a point out of the result, I know it doesn't seem like much of a consolation, but we are going through the mud at the moment, as a supporter you must endure the lows as well as the highs. Criticise all you like, till the cows come home, but please keep it constructive...eh?!?!
67-1161385641

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:51 pm

coddy wrote:

Harry Kewell is a fat nonce who needs to get lost. and get a haircut!

He's a class player, who we could do with right now, when he is fit enough to play (which is a rarity) he brings so much to the team, goals, assists and a good rate of service as well as helping draw out centre backs. A class player and I'm looking forward to his return.
67-1161385641

Postby coddy » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:51 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:a fat nonce who beats people and puts crosses in. Remember Chelsea semi final olmpiakos etc. Rather than the brylcreem nonce ya :censored:

Remember Patrik Berger??? he did that every 5 minutes on the pitch, not just once in 3 years. Sorry but the left side isnt the problem, if Riise played left wing and Warnock, Fabio at LB then we would be much stronger. (even in the long term)
Last edited by coddy on Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:52 pm

metalhead wrote:
BOODIDDY wrote:Give the youngsters a try, what have we to lose.

Sure... You have no idea what you are talking about! This isn't football manager game, this is real life for FFS! playing youngsters on the wing is a mistake! why? because they are not ready to play! They need bloody experience.

Metal head how else are they going to get experience?  Champions league wednesday night is ideal.  Were allready threw so a perfect opportunity to gain experience.

Kewell played a major part in our great end to last season.  I understand people get frustrated with him as his had mroe sicknotes then me lol.  But I cant wait to see a fit Kewell again.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion