MIDDLESBROUGH VS LIVERPOOL - pre-match discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:23 pm

joko wrote:positive thing is, agger makes a difference

He needs to work on dealing his crosses mate.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:23 pm

is it any wonder we didnt look like an attacking unit?

all the chopping and changing rafa does

sadly rotation like rafa does it kills fluency in the team
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:24 pm

We never look like scoring.  Never have a sustained period of pressure where you think "only a matter of time before Liverpool score".  Its all so pedestrian with no penetration.  Where is the quick sharp passing, one-two's, pass and move?  Defences must not mind playing against us as we make it so easy for them.
puroresu

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:25 pm

metalhead wrote:Ok.. my view

We totally outplayed boro so I was really frustrated that we didn't score a goal, but the positive side that I thought we did well apart from scoring. We controlled well, didn't lose the ball too much.

Defencively we were ok, I thought Agger made a few mistakes especially in Yakubu's miss but he tried his best. Our clearance need to be improved though, we are losing the ball just outside the box.

I was frustrated with Gerrard losing the ball too much! FFS! he didn't have good control, but I thought he created some neat passes but he wasn't good. Gonzalez was a big threat, glad to see him play a good game but he really needs to do better in his crosses. He showed some great speed and created really good chances. Bellamy was poor in the second half, in the first half he did well.. but then drifted off in the second half. Crouch did well when he came on! man he should have scored. I thought Reina was excellent! he saved every attempt and was great.

No need to get upset, it was a promising preformance away, but we need to take that preformance away again and this time we add goals to it.

Promising performance my ballbag!

It was dreadful.........if your happy with that your easy pleased! We are meant to be LFC not fuc.king Wigan or Fulham teams that are happy with a scoreless draw at the Riverside!
66-1120597113

Postby joko » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:25 pm

metalhead wrote:
joko wrote:positive thing is, agger makes a difference

He needs to work on dealing his crosses mate.

true mate, i mean, at least he didn't make our hearts beat very fast when getting attacked
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:25 pm

LittleHobo wrote:is it any wonder we didnt look like an attacking unit?

what the f*ck! he didn't even rotate that much! he just changed 3 times, plus most liverpool fans were calling Gerrard to play in the middle, he did and sadly he was poor!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:25 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
s@int wrote:
And what is Craig Bellamy actually for?

Making Pennant look half decent :D

Its OK us laughing mate! Up until now i was determined it was just a blip.....now im starting to get a bit more concerned that somethings majorly wrong!

Maybe it'll feel different in the morning,right now im totally fuc.king disgusted! :no

There is something wrong no doubt about it.  As an attacking force we look no better than a mid table side hence our position in the table.
puroresu

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:26 pm

just watching some of the real madrid game off that stream and the attacking play is beautiful

this is what happens when you know your best team and you stick with it so people can get used to eachother

you guys should watch it, real fluent attacking, great goal from raul aswell.
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:27 pm

s@int wrote:Thoroughly P!SSED OFF. I may as well drown my sorrows in a vimto. :(

I'm drowning my sorrows in few bottles of San Miguel. We didn't do too badly today, but we must learn to create more chances and take the ones we create. That's the difference between decent sides and great sides and at the moment we are looking like a decent side, nothing more.
67-1161385641

Postby oakton » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:27 pm

Corner kicks were really bad, stop making Penant kicking them please, i know gerrard is out of form but can we get him to do the corner kicks? or even Alonso?
oakton

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:28 pm

metalhead wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:is it any wonder we didnt look like an attacking unit?

what the f*ck! he didn't even rotate that much! he just changed 3 times, plus most liverpool fans were calling Gerrard to play in the middle, he did and sadly he was poor!

do you see chelsea chop and change their attackers like rafa does?

do you see man utd chop and change their attackers like rafa does?

players like pennant, crouch, bellamy and gonzo play one game, then out for a game, giving the whole unit no chance to gel and be natural playing together
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:29 pm

oakton wrote:Corner kicks were really bad, stop making Penant kicking them please, i know gerrard is out of form but can we get him to do the corner kicks? or even Alonso?

I've never understood why Alonso doesn't take our set pieces. If I was Rafa I'd seriously consider that, it's worth a shot, we have little to lose by doing it.
67-1161385641

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:31 pm

One word somes our season up so far, FRUSTRATING.

Pennant and Gonzales today couldnt cross a coupon.  The reason why Gerrards played on the right is cause Penannt has been rubbish.  To be honest both our flanks are shiiite from back to front Riiise shiiiite, Finnann been :censored: this season, Pennant shocking, Gonzales there is defo quality there but to me hes not the same player as he was in spain.  Just look at his facial expression,  he looks like a kid who has just had his ice cream robbed.  In spain he looked so relaxed and played with a smile on his boat race but hopefully that smile will return with us.

The way Pennant has been playing I would give one off the youngsters a game before him.  Wednesday night throw Anderson or Hammil in on the right.  What have we got to lose.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby joko » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:31 pm

CharmlessMan wrote:
oakton wrote:Corner kicks were really bad, stop making Penant kicking them please, i know gerrard is out of form but can we get him to do the corner kicks? or even Alonso?

I've never understood why Alonso doesn't take our set pieces. If I was Rafa I'd seriously consider that, it's worth a shot, we have little to lose by doing it.

was thinking of agger to so that instead
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:33 pm

on a positive not our next 2 premiership games look to me like 2 wins

man city - poor away from home

portsmouth - the bow will break for them very soon, and they also aint great away from home

win those two and we will go probaly 5th or 6th
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion