MAN CITY VS LIVERPOOL - match build up, live updates, reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:17 pm

mighty mo wrote:the strong defence is down to reina ,his commanding presence and organisation in the box

Hes played his part but the back 2 have been superb, tell me how many saves u recall from reina in the last 6 games, theres not many, like Rafa says he plays like a sweeper and wipes out problems before they become a problem, where as Dudek stayed on his line and invied the shot.

All in all 3 points and a good win at a hard place to get 3 points, well done red men.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:30 pm

an away game win against man city after a european night. 3 points and another blank sheet at the back. woo hoo happy days. well done reds!
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:32 pm

get result, hope risse is ok. He took a nock today. Surprised why he took cisse off, but it seemed to work. Great goal by risse, only saw one instance of concern with a lack of communication between hyppia and reina.... but ah who cares we won!!! :buttrock  well done Reds :bowdown
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ToTinho » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:41 pm

congrats mates .. wasnt the most joyable game but that's exactly what we lacked last season, we r playing now what i call now logical football (chelsea style last year ) and honestly in this way u can challenge for trophies .. Rafa discovered the formula for the EPL and that's a bad news for our rivals  :eyebrow

YNWA
ToTinho

Postby dward » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:43 pm

*EDITED*
Last edited by dward on Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:46 pm

Source: Skysports.com
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary106 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:52 pm

yeah these are the games last season we would of lost (and we did)

when a team plays normal and not great nor bad but still win, sign of a great team :)
gary106

Postby skipper » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:58 pm

Great Form!  We've done very well recently.  Hope we can keep it up!  Our away form so far this season has been pretty good.  I hope we'll continue to play well.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sissoko » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:06 pm

Well done you reds! finally coming good. A few things though.

Did anyone see this incident with Cisse being substituted? or is this just another occasion when the media blows things out of all proportion.

Another was the minute of scilence for George Best, i never liked the guy so. I have sympathy for his family/friends but not for him.
Sissoko

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:13 pm

it was a poor performance really and an awful game of football, but scraping wins away from home is what gets teams high up the league. good result though and fantastic consistency. come on the red men.

:buttrock

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:19 pm

I've heard many Liverpool fans moan how we cant grind out a result , now we have what is there to moan about ? if nothing Im sure someone will find something .
66-1112520797

Postby Effes » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:26 pm

Looking consistent at the moment, and with Sunderland and Wigan next we can stretch the run further.
The defensive solidity is very encouraging.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:37 pm

I listened to the game on the radio and by all accounts it was awful. It was crying out for Xabi Alonso to settle it down and pass the ball.

All the same, it appears City never troubled us and the result was very impressive.

Rafa certainly has turned things around in the league, no question of that!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:42 pm

i watched the game in my local on spanish canal+ and paul(?) robinson who always comments on premiership matches never stopped banging on about the 'crouch effect', which was mainly that liverpool were playing very impatient direct football and always tried to hoof the ball up to crouch too quickly. he annoyed the feck out of me but he kinda had a point. without wanting to diss the team after a post CL away win, i haven't seen us so devoid of ideas for a long time. like someone said, we missed alonso dictating midfield - didi and momo is not a good combo really.

to avoid any accusations of being a moaner i have to say i'm delighted at the continuation of our winning and non-conceding run though.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:45 pm

i watched the game in my local on spanish canal+ and paul(?) robinson who always comments on premiership matches never stopped banging on about the 'crouch effect', which was mainly that liverpool were playing very impatient direct football and always tried to hoof the ball up to crouch too quickly

Michael Robinson (former red player right?) said that eh?, I agree that Liverpool was hurrying to get upfront, I posted that before, not sure of blaming of that to Crouch, though

I predicted a game like this, rock solid (and we were) and getting a goal and the points, through the match. Mistakes? some. Goog game? never, but a winning streak like this is what we needed. And we got it with the rotations, which is nice
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion