MAN CITY VS LIVERPOOL - match build up, live updates, reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby oakton » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:13 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:Player Ratings:

John Arne Riise: 8 Quite industrious on the left. Showed great intent in his attacking forays and a superb rocket of a shot that gave us the only goal of day.

even though he kicked the goal, I thought Riise played pretty bad.
oakton

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:50 am

oakton wrote:even though he kicked the goal, I thought Riise played pretty bad.

I think he was carrying a slight injury yesterday
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:07 pm

RedRoots wrote:I'm praying for the return of Xabi, Didi and Momo's lack of control, creativity and distribution in the centre has been shocking, Gerrard had to do their job for them in the second half, I think Didi should go in January he's been a great player for us over the years but his time's up, we can use Zenden as cover if he leaves.

I though we lack a creative player for long period of the game but to say that we should ship Didi out in Jan is way off the mark  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:47 pm

Cisse must stay, if hes played game in game out he'll be a 20  EPL goal a season man.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:13 pm

Santa wrote:

He was, Riise's the real deal man.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:01 pm

Effes wrote:
Santa wrote:

He was, Riise's the real deal man.

I only saw the second half, but apparently picked it up in the first half.

Just glad to see Stuart Pearce not running on to the pitch.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:07 pm

The_Rock wrote:
RedRoots wrote:I'm praying for the return of Xabi, Didi and Momo's lack of control, creativity and distribution in the centre has been shocking, Gerrard had to do their job for them in the second half, I think Didi should go in January he's been a great player for us over the years but his time's up, we can use Zenden as cover if he leaves.

Hamann has been one of our better players this season....U noe why hyppia and the rest of our defence is playing so well ? It is mainly because of the cover hamann gives the defence. I will keep hamann until the end of next season.

He's hardly played you nugget.

He's well past his best, can still do a job from time to time but his legs have gone now and he's getting rusty through not playing. He should stay till the end of the season however as cover and he has been an excellent servant to the club.
115-1073096938

Postby Scottbot » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:18 pm

This was just the sort of game we would have lost over the last couple of seasons. I said before the game that if we could sneak a win then i would start believing. I sense the players are starting to understand exactly how the boss wants them to play and are doing it HIS way. We are starting to resemble Rafa's Valencia team. Very hard to break down, compact, we're keeping the ball, are capable of slick passing and the players are working for eachother.

I'm not getting carried away just yet. I'm just enjoying the steady methodical progress we are making right now. I'm enjoying the feeling of expecting to win each game rather than wondering which Liverpool wikk turn up. Long may it continue...
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:29 pm

Defensively, I certainly feel we're on par or at least as near as we need to be to Chelsea, easily good enough to keep clean sheets against anyone, we don't quite have there quality, but its not far off.

Its offensively we're obviously struggling, however we're improving in that department recently aswell. I don't however get the impression we can score more than 1 goal against the better sides where as with Chelsea i believe they can.

This is what i've been saying since the start of the season though, I genuinely believe the likes of Joaquin would transform us. We currently have a good balance with Gerrard playing on the right hand side. I feel however that if we were to sign a right winger of that quality and Steven back where he belongs, we'd have an even better balance and a better first 11. One which has players capable of delivering consistently against the best.

Despite what idiots like A.B. say, we have a decent left side with Riise, Zenden, Kewell and Luis Garcia, its just a case of selecting the right player to suit the game. The centre of midfield is simply sorted and the defence has been sublime.

Theres only the Chelsea game which let us down, Sami had the flu which effects performance drastically and Traore, well, the less said the better, but his rash tackle and general crapness opened up the game and ruined the game plan and mentallity of our team.
115-1073096938

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:32 pm

I hope that Liverpool win in the CL against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge not just a draw.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:58 pm

AussieKopite wrote:I hope that Liverpool win in the CL against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge not just a draw.

Either way, as long as Chelsea draw Barca in the last 16 and we draw someone like Ranger.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:35 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

Hamann has been one of our better players this season....U noe why hyppia and the rest of our defence is playing so well ? It is mainly because of the cover hamann gives the defence. I will keep hamann until the end of next season.

He's hardly played you nugget.

He's well past his best, can still do a job from time to time but his legs have gone now and he's getting rusty through not playing. He should stay till the end of the season however as cover and he has been an excellent servant to the club.

Hardly played ? He has played close to 10 games (league & cup) this season...and he has done well in each of the them.

nugget eh ? and this coming from mr "porky pig" himself.   :no

u really wanna start a flame war with me ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:00 pm

Flame wars when we have 4 games in a row won? never mates!  Just keep posting about the team, avoid posting about other posters, and you'll discuss without getting angry! :laugh:

BTW little comment, I think it was Primodua about CIsse. I agree. Playing with two strikers, is not playing with 1+1 striker. If you put 2 strikers, is in order you have some partnership, and you can press properly the other team when he is trying to take the ball to the midfield. Cisse is Athletic, and fast, but he's an awful partner. He just doesn't look what the other mate does. And complaining when you're subbed doesn't help neither. I was somewhat angry with him yesterday, but we won, and that's  what matters.

A couple of months ago I said that all we needed is a streak like this, and here we are, able to put with 28 points if we get the two games on hand. This is working mates.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:26 pm

Despite what idiots like A.B. say, we have a decent left side with Riise, Zenden, Kewell and Luis Garcia, its just a case of selecting the right player to suit the game. The centre of midfield is simply sorted and the defence has been sublime.

Despite what this idiot says; the likes of Riise and Zenden aren't quality wingers. Riise isn't a winger and neither is Garcia. The only true quality winger on the left flank that we have is Kewell who is no where near his best at the moment.

It's a ''decent'' left side, but not a good one. Keep my name out of your mouth, you obnoxious self-centered d!ckhead.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:14 pm

Sabre wrote:Flame wars when we have 4 games in a row won? never mates!  Just keep posting about the team, avoid posting about other posters, and you'll discuss without getting angry! :laugh:

BTW little comment, I think it was Primodua about CIsse. I agree. Playing with two strikers, is not playing with 1+1 striker. If you put 2 strikers, is in order you have some partnership, and you can press properly the other team when he is trying to take the ball to the midfield. Cisse is Athletic, and fast, but he's an awful partner. He just doesn't look what the other mate does. And complaining when you're subbed doesn't help neither. I was somewhat angry with him yesterday, but we won, and that's  what matters.

A couple of months ago I said that all we needed is a streak like this, and here we are, able to put with 28 points if we get the two games on hand. This is working mates.

i agree sabre! i was angry at cisse when he got angry subbing off. he played poorly and he was deserved to be subbed off. when Kewell came on he opened some opportunities and it was a correct substitution by benitez.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion