europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:19 am

Anyway good night an god bless everyone im off to bed :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:20 am

bigmick wrote:I don't know I thought we played a bit better than most are giving us credit for. I actually felt that before the match it was potentially a huge banana skin, flattish atmosphere and the first match since the title race was just about officially declared over. Gerrard looked about 70% to me (tops) and Torres was injured, so it was never going to be easy.

Yes we grinded it a bit, but that lot got a draw at the Emirates and were only denied by last seconds Vidic goal at Old Trafford. It was comfortable enough in the end, and though we won't be making DVD's of it it was an alright performance I thought.

My thoughts were a little different from yours Mick. I was hoping that we would put down a marker today, go out and really take the game to them. For me our performance was little different from the first 30 mins against Middlesbrough. Few real chances created, but a lot of pressure and possession.

If I am honest I think our football this season has been a step down on last season..... even though we have accumilated more points.

I accept that while Torres is out we are never going to look at our best, but the lack of creativity is a real problem for me.

I missed a considerable amount of the second half (bad stream), but I saw enough to know that we had very few genuine chances in the game (certainly none as good as the one Jones created for himself in the first few mins.

Hopefully the confidence gained tonight will be a boost for our next games, I just hope they don't think that this level is good enough.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:20 am

SupitsJonF wrote:Sabre for mod :D

We don't need new mods

We just must leave them doing their job without asking too many explanations.  :)

But FFS, coming here after a 2-0 and the best contribution you have is to call Mascherano a coward. I mean come on. I know it's not like insulting a member directly, but at least it offends me a lot. Much more than if I'm insulted myself. A bit of respect to the players nd manager. And to the lions those who insult the players that way. The players are more important than us.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:21 am

NANNY RED wrote:Anyway good night an god bless everyone im off to bed :;):

Likewise Takecare people  :D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby cpc4eva » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:13 am

Sabre wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Well I am no body language expert but Rafa will not be our manager next season  :shifty

The americans have been stalling and eventually saw the light after last results?

dont tell me u heard from a little birdy who has a friend of a cousins brother that klinsman has been seen at melwood....  :kungfu:
cpc4eva

Postby Bam » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:06 am

Glad we won, shame we couldnt do that to the likes of Stoke and Fulham this season. I am kicking myself here thinking its the likes of Stoke, Fulham and Hull who have prevented us from winning the league this year. Not Man.U not Chelsea nor Arsenal either. :(

Back to the game. Firslty the atmosphere was sh.it, it doesnt matter whether your from Norway or Liverpool. Our support was/is dire at home. and it seems our very own prawn sandwich eating brigade have gotten very comfortable at Anfield expecting results.

First half was just typical of our season really, there was no inspiration or variations in attack. Loads of possession m,ind you but that means feckall when you cant stick the ball in the back of the net.
Kuyt, Riera and dissapointed my in the first half. I cannot and never will fathom the amount of playing time Dirk Kuyt gets, to put it nicely he's s.*i*e and a squad player at best. He isnt able to do anything positive in the final third and merely plays the ball backwards all the time. Its frustrating to watch him as he offers nothing as a threat and notches up too many minutes.

Second half was much better and the players settled after Rieira for the first time got past Ben Haim and put in a lovely cross. For Gerrard who's run was superb, then nodded back accross to N'Gog for the goal. That settled us and gave us belief and Benayouns efforts were rewarded with a goal. He deserved that as I though he played well. How Rafa left him out against Boro only God knows, the mind does boggle it really does with Rafa. After getting the winner at the Madrid the Israeli finds himself sitting on the bench at Boro.  :no

Mascha had a really good game at Fullback and so did Insua. Carra is starting to worry me at times, I dont know why but he seems to of lost his edge slightly. Nevertheless it was a win we needed and a win we got ...

Roll on Madrid

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:03 am

Raffmaker wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Raffmaker wrote:
Ciggy wrote:"Defensive" Nanny and you hit it spot on!!

look what mascharano does overall. he can tackle a bit, defend and lay it off side to side! thats his limit! what will we get from that! ???? ??????

He's garbage overall. look tonight when he went forward.. he had a couple of very good shots.  he cant even hit the target! 50k a week for a player who cant shoot straight?

why dont we employ Rab C Nesbitt then to do it?

Maschaerano is totally overated. He offers nothing going forward and is more or less ineffective. He is No Kaka By any shot of the imagination and you are all fooled.

Garbage

Good lord see what I mean totally clueless  :kungfu:

explain please??

i just want to see you embarass yourself in front of the whole of the interent and worldwide viewers LFc fans of the forums.

Otherwise pal, stay a little silent..

when you have an argument please produce!

your the one whose embarresed yourself lad by saying Masherano is SH.ITE an comparing him to Kaka absolute joke

No my point was, comparing him to Kaka as a midfielder is  total JOKE! Coz thats what mascharano is.!

He's rubbish, does not control, dominate, or infulence like a stevie G in the midfielder area.

The way you find these players out, is when we play the kind of Kack teams like SUnderland etc, and you can juat see in the play that MAcherano is horribly out of his depth and offers NOTHING! in terms of control or attack! he's a coward and a pus*y![/quote]
And I think you're a WUM .

Don't let the door hit your a'rse on the way out.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:38 am

I thought it was a decent performance. We played with patience, kept possession well and won the game pretty comfortably. We're out of the title race and I think you could see that in the performance last night, the pressure was off and I think the players relaxed as a result. I didn't see Gerrard stressing at team mates when passes went astray as he did at the weekend. I thought Masch looked good at Full-back, as did Insua on the other flank, Riera was lively and Gerrard/Alonso had decent games in the middle. Man of the match was Benni for me, the guy must be our most consistent player this calender year, he was making things happen and didn't out a foot wrong. I watched the game with my father in law (Sunderland to the bone!) and I was whinging about Ngog at kick-Off but I thought the lad played well, he held it up quite well, showed some nice touches and took his goal well. I didn't really understand taking him off tbh? There was another goal in it for him if he'd got 90 mins and we could use a striker with a bit of confidence in his locker right now.
Last edited by Scottbot on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:17 am

Scottbot wrote:I thought it was a decent performance. We played with patience, kept possession well and won the game pretty comfortably. We're out of the title race and I think you could see that in the performance last night, the pressure was off and I think the players relaxed as a result.

Could have been different had Jones been more composed, but I think that's a fair assessment. Sunderland are no great shakes, that's how we need to do it against visitors like them, Stoke, Hull, West Ham etc who come looking for a point, but in truth won't be too upset at going away with what they came with - nothing.

Scottbot wrote:I didn't see Gerrard stressing at team mates when passes went astray as he did at the weekend. I thought Masch looked good at Full-back, as did Insua on the other flank,

I usually play Mascherano at RB when playing PES, soon we'll be seeing Agger at LB! (probably not) Is the difference between playing Skrtel and Mascherano at RB the outcome or the underlying theory behind it? ie did we slate the Skrtel move because it didn't work and would we have done the same if Mascherano had had a stinker?

Scottbot wrote:Riera was lively and Gerrard/Alonso had decent games in the middle. Man of the match was Benni for me, the guy must be our most consistent player this calender year, he was making things happen and didn't out a foot wrong. I watched the game with my father in law (Sunderland to the bone!) and I was whinging about Ngog at kick-Off but I thought the lad played well, he held it up quite well, showed some nice touches and took his goal well. I didn't really understand taking him off tbh? There was another goal in it for him if he'd got 90 mins and we could use a striker with a bit of confidence in his locker right now.

If it had been Keane taken off, some on here would have been up in arms about his confidence. I thought N'Gog grew as the game went on, good technique on his finish and well set up by Gerrard. It was a reasonable all-round display, but I think Sunderland were no great threat and had we shown the killer instinct it could have been more convincing a scoreline. I was still a bit bemused by Rafa's substitutions, Lucas for N'Gog and Babel for Gerrard. I'd have brought Lucas on for Gerrard, maybe Rafa's first instinct was to make sure we didn't concede than maintain the flow and go for more goals.
Last edited by Owzat on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:46 am

Don't understand why people aren't genuinely happy with the performance, we did better than some are giving us credit for.
Zidane

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:57 am

Zidane wrote:Don't understand why people aren't genuinely happy with the performance, we did better than some are giving us credit for.

Im happy :D Just still fumin at them gobsh!tes booin Lucas.  :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:58 am

Dalglish wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:
Dalglish wrote:We were OK, no more than that against a poor Sunderland team who in truth could have been 1-0 up after 2 mins.

The 1st goal came from a mistimed header assist from Gerrard, the 2nd a big mistake from the keeper.

Utd have played "OK" far too much this season for me to give a fuck about how we play when we bag 3 points. (1-0 wins, I think they had over 8 someone said?  Well, we have over 8 draws, imagine those being wins)

I think we're the only team in the prem that bitches when we win.

Tetchy aren't you  :D

Look at the goals again and you will realise I'm stating the facts about how the goals were scored.

The second was a keeper flap, for a change we had someone in the right position and with the composure to score. It's amazing he was only on the bench having scored in Madrid, with Torres out and that's three goals for him in eight appearances. He may not quite play the role asked of him exactly to requirements, but he has a bit of skill and knows how to get into positions to, and score.

Not sure the first goal was anything but a guided header to N'Gog, I have only seen the one replay mind.

That's Rafa's 180th Premiership game in charge, our next win will be his 100th in the league :-

Premiership 04/05-08/09 : P180 W99 D45 L36 F278 A141 PTS 342

So we're basically drawing 1/4, losing 1/5 and winning 11/20 (just over half) The frequency doesn't change much even if you lop off the first season. Considering we play Mascherano and Alonso quite a lot, we're still not keeping as many clean sheets as you'd think we could and should - that said, we have kept 14 in the league this season even if five of those were 0-0

And whoever was saying about 1-0s, we have managed just three this season but none since Portsmouth at home. Man Utd have won nine games 1-0. We have won a further six without conceding goals, five of those since our last 1-0 in the league. But this stat I've quoted a few times, updated of course, tells its own tale

Liverpool Premiership 08/09

0 goals : P6 W0 D5 L1 F0 A2 PTS 5 (0.83 goals/game)
1 goal : P8 W3 D4 L1 F8 A6 PTS 13 (1.63 pts/game)
2+ goals : P14 W13 D1 L0 F37 A12 PTS 40 (2.86 pts/game)

Man Utd Premiership 08/09

0 goals : P2 W0 D2 L0 F0 A0 PTS 2 (1.00 goals/game)
1 goal : P14 W9 D3 L2 F14 A7 PTS 30 (2.14 pts/game)
2+ goals : P10 W10 D0 L0 F32 A4 PTS 30 (3.00 pts/game)

Despite our defensive approach re holding midfielders, the mancs concede less goals and still score more. By virtue of not conceding silly goals they make more of any goals they do score. And it's funny how highly we rate our CBs and DMs, yet we've conceded nearly twice as many goals as the mancs. What they also do well is retain possession, sides aren't quite so adventurous against them as they know that they will be punished. Problem is when sides are adventurous (during games, not necessarily all game) against us they often get some reward, as Jones might well have done early on. We didn't play Mascherano DM and won 2-0, in fact he looked like he might make a decent attacking force without having siege mentality playing DM
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:02 am

Zidane wrote:Don't understand why people aren't genuinely happy with the performance, we did better than some are giving us credit for.

- deflated through poor form and the state of the league
- it was only Sunderland
- it was only 2-0

When the objective is seemingly out of reach, how do you lift yourselves? Like a team already relegated, except we still have a top four place to play for which is hardly reason to get jubilant - especially with the mancs gloating over having written our title challenge off ages ago (they say that every season, it's not like they're imaginative or Nostradamus)
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:05 am

Sabre wrote:But FFS, coming here after a 2-0 and the best contribution you have is to call Mascherano a coward. I mean come on. I know it's not like insulting a member directly, but at least it offends me a lot. Much more than if I'm insulted myself. A bit of respect to the players nd manager. And to the lions those who insult the players that way. The players are more important than us.

Hes obviously a wum was calling the team and rafa fit to burn after the Madrid game. Infact after every game we have won, anyway hes gone now atlast.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion