Good news ahead of tuesday - Betis get the liverpool bug

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:57 pm

Sabre wrote:I know Betis quite a bit, since I watch them regularly at Anoeta. And they're dangerous. Their problem is that they're irregular, not constant. Real Sociedad can either beat them 2-0 in a lazy afternoon of the Beticians, and lose 3-0 if they have the day.

I don't think they'll go defensive in Sevilla. They'll attack with intensity if they can in the first 20 mins. It will be another game if we can bear their initial pressure. It will be very important not to commit unnecessary fouls, since Assunsao has the irritant tendency to nail excellent free kicks.

the bad news are, Liverpool is the most important UK team in Spain, no matter how good are doing Manure and Chelski in the last decade, and no matter that Liverpool is the current champion, Liverpool has LOTS of reputation in my country due to it's history. It's Bad News, because we can expect the most motivated Betis ever.

Anyway I'd put my money on Liverpool, PROVIDED that we give the 100%.

Sabre

Nice one Sabre, thanks for the rundown on Betis  :)

Fingers crossed were up for it tomorrow night  :buttrock
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:56 pm

109-1093441336

Postby matrix » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:46 pm

how often do you hear that just before a big european game   i wouldnt put my life on it that they dont field there strongest side   bring on there best side  we are the european champions :)

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:59 pm

matrix wrote:how often do you hear that just before a big european game

matrix knows.

:nod

Shame about the Judge.  I wonder just where he has returned from?   

:D

(P.S quaresma thread)
109-1093441336

Postby The_Rock » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:27 pm

Hope we can beat them...They look like a tuff side.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:47 pm

matrix wrote:how often do you hear that just before a big european game   i wouldnt put my life on it that they dont field there strongest side   bring on there best side  we are the european champions :)

Spot on

Their playing the European champions- let them worry about us -- And they will

Im confident we can win in spain- then turn chelski over at Anfield--
Great times lads-
This is what its all about and its great to be in the thick of it
teamleader1

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:49 pm

stoney wrote:
A.B. wrote:
liverpoolrich wrote:id orefer to play them with no injuries

and why is that?

probably to make it a fair battle

Fu.ck the fair battle Stoney!!
They'd be rubbing they're hands if we had the likes of Gerrard and Carra were out! Injuries are part and partial of our game and the more the opponents have on match day the better for us!Dont forget its a long season ahead and there will be times when we will be forced to field a weekened 11 through injuries!
Do you think our opponents  will be saying 'i wish they had they're best 11 out to make it fair'?
No way! They're managers will be capatilising on the weak points in our team!
I just hope Raffa does this tomorrow night and hits Betis where it hurts!
66-1120597113

Postby redsforever » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:48 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
stoney wrote:
A.B. wrote:
liverpoolrich wrote:id orefer to play them with no injuries

and why is that?

probably to make it a fair battle

Fu.ck the fair battle Stoney!!
They'd be rubbing they're hands if we had the likes of Gerrard and Carra were out! Injuries are part and partial of our game and the more the opponents have on match day the better for us!Dont forget its a long season ahead and there will be times when we will be forced to field a weekened 11 through injuries!
Do you think our opponents  will be saying 'i wish they had they're best 11 out to make it fair'?
No way! They're managers will be capatilising on the weak points in our team!
I just hope Raffa does this tomorrow night and hits Betis where it hurts!

Yeah i totally agree wit u there! We have to take every advantage we can get. Betis are a good team and its good that they are missing some key players like joaquin(hope he joins in january).  Any way i think its going to be a good game. 2-1 to the pool!!!
The rafalution begins.. Happy Days!!
redsforever

Postby JC_81 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:02 pm

Someone already said it, foreign teams are notorious about claiming key players are injured before big games, only for those players to start the game clearly in peak condition.

We have to prepare for Joaquin etc to be playing, and I'm sure Benitez will do this, otherwise we're very foolish.

Even in the premiership the season before last I remember Wenger claiming Henry was 'very doubtful' for their game against us.  He played and scored a hat-trick and was the best player on the pitch.  The Spaniards are at that all the time, and so is Wenger if you look out for it, crafty git.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion