Liverpool vs sunderland, 2nd feb,  ko 17:15

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:55 am

Seano Kop wrote:btw for anyone that wasnt sure, i was being sarcastic. I know you're Liverpool through and through, peewee and you're just passionate. On ya mate.

Btw Kewell didn't play today because of International call up for the Socceroos World Cup Qualifier against Qatar and he does suffer from jet lag so he had to leave earlier than the other Europe boys like Cahill, Viduka, Neill and Bresciano.

i know mate, it was a funny comment     :D

as for kewell maybe he wouldnt have played today anyway, it seems rafa wanted to play without any natural width on the left or he would have opted for yossi instead of lucas
112-1077774096

Postby Seano Kop » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:05 am

Yeah true. Maybe thats why Rafa opted for Lucas out wide? He wanted a player on the left that can terrorise defenders, and Lucas is more capable of doing that than Yossi imho
Seano Kop

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:42 am

Desperate three points there, christ we needed that.

For 90 minutes were the better team, and the for 70 were the only team looking to score. As is the case usually at Anfield, today we got our breakthrough on others we havent been so lucky. I thought we controlled the game much better today than we did at West Ham, and from the off the lads showed tempo. They have also done well to bounce back from our poor run, so credit to them. I thought after 55 minutes or so the crowd would get a bit anxious and that usually makes the players feel the same, but the crowd kept on supporting through out which was good to see.

The passing at times was a pleasure to watch, little triangles here and there. Pennnant had a good game he looked lively and was willing to take on a player or two at times, which was encouraging.

I actually liked the idea of Levia on the left, obviously not a natural left winger but he was given Gerrards license to roam. And considering our lack of quality on the left I think I'd try him there more often. While Gerrard (who I called to be dropped against Sunderland) can play his natural game and best position through the middle. Good to see Mascha come back in for the backward moving Alonso, Mascha is a MUCH better player than Xabi and is much better at tackling, running with or without the ball, and his range of passing is very good too. I'd sell Alonso to keep him, but thats for another topic.

I think Benitez is feeling the pressure and opted to play Crouch upfront alongside Torres, its some way going to make the fans feel much happier about him, than constantly playing Kuyt. Crouch had his touches here and there, did nothing of great relevance through out the game until he scored. For me thats what we've needed, Kuyt does nothing of any relevance during games and doesnt score. But Crouch coming back into the team like that did really well to get onto the score sheet, he's gotta keep his place. Torres did well and scored, he's gone quiet for a bit but you know the class is permanent.

If Rafa has learned anything its to play Crouch up top from now on, give people less reason to doubt him. Carra looked awkward at full back, then he assisted Crouch :D blinding skill Carra ! Skertel looked alot better and more confident. Still have doubts over Aurelio though, questionable IMO in defending.

All in all a good result, hope we can get on a roll now.

YNWA
66-1112520797

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:17 am

Expected result, although we were still poor to start with. The second half was good, and the goal gave the whole team confidence. Only Mascherano and Torres IMO looked like they were trying to make something when it was nil-nil. Skrtel looked OK,  Mascherano was MOM by a mile, SG still playing rubbish (for him) I agree with BM, he should have been dropped for his attitude and form, but i doubt Rafa wanted any more criticism.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:27 am

Kharhaz wrote:
RedBlood wrote:listen u no.b i meant semi final it was a tpyo

and if rafa came in and spent well over 100million a season after we finnished second and got to the SEMIS of the champs league id expect him to win the league

your just another idiot that falls for his onscreen charm

No need for insults.

Just reported redblood, peewee doesn't appear to be hurling insults from the few posts I looked at so I've not reported him.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:34 am

fyi Highlights are up mofos :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cables » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:38 am

As a Liverpool fan, and now also a Prescot Cables fan, (who I now watch) we drew yesterday 1-1 at home to Ossett Town:( our wage bill is only £900 a week)  Here is the Ossett Town goal.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LmxRutl7buQ.  I'm doing a tour of Anfield and the musem this coming week:D
Cables

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:40 am

Good result masking a poor performance. Slumberland are a nothing club, two points on the road all season and a certain bunch of bitters stuffed seven past them to add to their sad little DVD collection :D

What worries me most is the analysis I did yesterday, looking at league results under Rafa. All positions are based on final league standings except this season which is based on current standings (so if you see this analysis elsewhere bear in mind it was before the Slumberland game and this is after

Rafa league results by league position

Top half.........P65 W26 D16 L23 F69 A62 PTS 94 (ave 1.45)
Bottom half.....P73 W47 D16 L10 F137 A48 PTS 157 (ave 2.15)

That's pretty dire, scoring only a goal a game against top half opponents home or away. That breakdown is even worse!

AWAY

Top half.........P33 W8 D7 L18 F22 A40 PTS 31 (ave 0.94)
Bottom half.....P36 W19 D8 L9 F56 A31 PTS 65 (ave 1.81)

That's not even splitting out the top three/four which is one away win in eleven games and that thanks to Everton being fourth currently :- P11 W1 D0 L10 F5 A19 PTS 3 (ave 0.27)

HOME

Top half.........P32 W18 D9 L5 F47 A22 PTS 63 (ave 1.97)
Bottom half.....P37 W28 D8 L1 F81 A17 PTS 92 (ave 2.49)

Pretty clinical in beating bottom half sides 76% of the time at home, not quite so clever against the top four : P13 W5 D3 L5 F14 A13 PTS 18 (ave 1.38)

Considering Rafa's spent quite a substantial amount on players we've only a handful of top players and two of them are players who were here before Rafa arrived (Carra & Gerrard). Take away big money Torres and those two and you've not much of a team, although I did look at the Ronaldo effect and take away his goals and their record would look similar to our's
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:41 am

bavlondon wrote:fyi Highlights are up mofos :D

I noticed the MOTD running order on BBC teletext yesterday evening, I think it was the "news in brief" section. Worth keeping an eye open for even though we know we'll be behind the mancs, chelski and goners more often than not and sometimes last or second last
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:42 am

An extremely important win, and nice to see us hit the back of the net three times. That first half has got to be one of the worst in a long time though, but I won't comment further on it, seeing as we got the much needed three points, which will hopefully help our team kick on from now. That has got to be the main point, when you're going through a slump like we are. So onwards and upwards. We've got Chelsea away next, which will be a tough challenge, and we need to raise our game for that one, if we are to get any points at SB.
JamCar05

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Seano Kop wrote:Yeah true. Maybe thats why Rafa opted for Lucas out wide? He wanted a player on the left that can terrorise defenders, and Lucas is more capable of doing that than Yossi imho

Lucas is a defensive mid mate , Yossi is a attacking mid , i think u're confused , also we lack the trickery that yossi porvides when he doesn't play
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:35 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Seano Kop wrote:Yeah true. Maybe thats why Rafa opted for Lucas out wide? He wanted a player on the left that can terrorise defenders, and Lucas is more capable of doing that than Yossi imho

Lucas is a defensive mid mate , Yossi is a attacking mid , i think u're confused , also we lack the trickery that yossi porvides when he doesn't play

Yeah I was really surprised with Rafa on that one, but if theres one thing we should know by now its that Rafa can always spring a surprise.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:37 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

Yeah I was really surprised with Rafa on that one, but if theres one thing we should know by now its that Rafa can always spring a surprise.

Classic Rafa , he had 2 defensive mid's on , I think we wanted lucas to control richardson , who was injured early , Also mate where are the highlights u mentioned abt??
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:38 pm

Crouch eyes more action
20080203 13:12
Peter Crouch is looking for more first-team action after finding the net in Liverpool's 3-0 win against Sunderland on Saturday evening.
The big striker has been left on the fringes of boss Rafa Benitez's plans this season as the Spanish tactician has favoured Dirk Kuyt and Fernando Torres in attack. However Crouch was handed a chance to shine in place of Kuyt at Anfield and did not disappoint with a back post header to open the scoring in the second half.

Crouch eyes more action
20080203 13:12
Peter Crouch is looking for more first-team action after finding the net in Liverpool's 3-0 win against Sunderland on Saturday evening.
The big striker has been left on the fringes of boss Rafa Benitez's plans this season as the Spanish tactician has favoured Dirk Kuyt and Fernando Torres in attack. However Crouch was handed a chance to shine in place of Kuyt at Anfield and did not disappoint with a back post header to open the scoring in the second half.
Click here!
Torres and a Steven Gerrard penalty secured Liverpool their first Premier League win of 2008 leaving Crouch aiming to try and keep hold of a place in the starting XI.
He told Setanta Sports: "I've just got to keep my head down, work hard and try and impress the manager. Hopefully I've done that tonight and I may get a few chances over the next couple of games."
Crouch is also hoping the win against Roy Keane's Black Cats will spark Liverpool's push for the fourth Champions League place this season.

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=333118

He's the best option we have and i think he should start with torres for at least 5 more games and we'll see how that partnership develops
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:35 am

Owzat wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
RedBlood wrote:listen u no.b i meant semi final it was a tpyo

and if rafa came in and spent well over 100million a season after we finnished second and got to the SEMIS of the champs league id expect him to win the league

your just another idiot that falls for his onscreen charm

No need for insults.

Just reported redblood, peewee doesn't appear to be hurling insults from the few posts I looked at so I've not reported him.

what a fuc.kin gayboy you are

u not only grass your proud of it loool

co.ck
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion