LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER CITY - Sunday 22nd February 15.00pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:02 am

Lets take on game at a time....if we wanna save players for the man city game just because they are a card away from suspension...we could end up losing both the game.

Hope benitez plays the strongest team possible for all our remaining games (league and champions league)...as all of them are important now.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:19 am

Lucas is banned for the City game

Thank feck for that, he cant tackle for Toffee.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Bam » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:21 am

s@int wrote:Just play Kuyt in midfield ...... he plays there anyway when we play him as a striker.

But we want to keep possession Saint, not having it bounce off knees, shin and bums to the oppo.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:52 am

Play spudz of the mid 90s style ie don't have a midfield. Why not Agger in midfield or Aurelio? Or one of the kids? Or play a 5-3-1-1 formation with Aurelio and Arbeloa playing wing backs to push forward, a makeshift midfield with Gerrard, whoever and Kuyt in it and Benayoun off Torres. For all the money the mancs are reputed to have, they wasted something like £44m on three very ordinary players in January and the money they paid for Robinho was far better spent - he's better than the three they signed January put together. Hughes is on a mission to make Rafa's signings look excellent.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:59 am

Just found out Lucas, mascherano and Alonso are all banned for this game, lets hope Gerrard makes a speedy recovery  :sniffle
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Ciggy wrote:Just found out Lucas, mascherano and Alonso are all banned for this game, lets hope Gerrard makes a speedy recovery  :sniffle

If you're right Lynds (and you no doubt are) that leaves us a big problem. Not least, because as we would have in all likelyhood only one central midfielder available at the most (depending on Gerrard), it would make it very unlikely we''d play 4-5-1.

That would mean we'll almost cetainly play 4-4-2. This is going to leave us needing a midfielder to partner Gerrard (which probably ought to be Spearing or Plessis but knowing Rafa it'll probably be Carragher) but also somebody to partner Torres up top. Perhaps if we'd elected to keep Keane, at least one of those problems wouldn't be a problem if you get my meaning.

It's unfortunately not that surprising that one of surely the strangest decisions visa vis transfger activity in the modern era is already unravelling before our eyes.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:50 pm

We are going to have to try some of the reserves, which is not such a bad thing really.
heimdall

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:59 pm

bigmick wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Just found out Lucas, mascherano and Alonso are all banned for this game, lets hope Gerrard makes a speedy recovery  :sniffle

If you're right Lynds (and you no doubt are) that leaves us a big problem. Not least, because as we would have in all likelyhood only one central midfielder available at the most (depending on Gerrard), it would make it very unlikely we''d play 4-5-1.

That would mean we'll almost cetainly play 4-4-2. This is going to leave us needing a midfielder to partner Gerrard (which probably ought to be Spearing or Plessis but knowing Rafa it'll probably be Carragher) but also somebody to partner Torres up top. Perhaps if we'd elected to keep Keane, at least one of those problems wouldn't be a problem if you get my meaning.

It's unfortunately not that surprising that one of surely the strangest decisions visa vis transfger activity in the modern era is already unravelling before our eyes.

and now torres is going for a scan.

one word just keeps screaming at me. Keane.

but what's done is done.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:08 pm

well maybe this will be the time for people like pacheco spearing to take a step up and see what they can do .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:12 pm

GYBS wrote:well maybe this will be the time for people like pacheco spearing to take a step up and see what they can do .

Looks like it will have to be, hope Spearing gets a game cos i think he wouldnt let anyone down.
Would have him in ahead of Plessis but think that Rafa would pick the frenchman due to his extra height in the middle.
Jay is a far better footballer though.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:17 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
GYBS wrote:well maybe this will be the time for people like pacheco spearing to take a step up and see what they can do .

Looks like it will have to be, hope Spearing gets a game cos i think he wouldnt let anyone down.
Would have him in ahead of Plessis but think that Rafa would pick the frenchman due to his extra height in the middle.
Jay is a far better footballer though.

i think plessis has dropped down the pecking order a bit mate - spearing got in ahead of him in the CL game and plessis hasnt played well at all this year for ressies . shame as he looked promising at the start
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Hope your right, having watched a fair bit of the reserves myself Spearing looks far better and more likely to come in and hold his own.

Like the look of the lad promoted to reserve team this season from acadamy, steve Irwin, looks top quality to me.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Hope your right, having watched a fair bit of the reserves myself Spearing looks far better and more likely to come in and hold his own.

Like the look of the lad promoted to reserve team this season from acadamy, steve Irwin, looks top quality to me.

yeah heard good things about him and ecclestone as well - seems to be a goal machine
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:43 pm

GYBS wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:Hope your right, having watched a fair bit of the reserves myself Spearing looks far better and more likely to come in and hold his own.

yeah heard good things about him and ecclestone as well - seems to be a goal machine

Eccleston has loads of pace and a trick or two but his decision making isnt great and he is still a bit raw.
Irwin is a proper little footballer, small but stocky.
Good range of passing and puts himself about, really like the look of him.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:45 pm

lets hope they can make a step up . The way its going it will prob be spearing and pacheco or nemeth who will get their chance next
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion