LIVERPOOL VS MACCABI HAIFA - Football discussion only please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gato_busta » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:14 pm

0asis wrote:WTF is going on in here.  :D

aparently, theyre discussing in hebrew :D

:rasp
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:18 pm

beats me, ill be glad when this tie is over and this thread and the people its attracted can drift off into the night.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby jammy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:24 pm

Come and join the friendliest Liverpool Forum LFC land.

Download Every Liverpool Goal, Match Highlights, Interviews and Press Conferences. Every thing that you get from the e-season ticket!

Live Streams
Match Photos
Babe of the Day
Prediction & Fantansy Leagues
Addictive Chat
Friendley Staff & Members
24 Hours

http://www.lfcland.tk/

http://www.lfcland.tk/
jammy

Postby Kikosemmek » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:27 pm

Just so I won't turn this into a quote train, I'll just try to make it simple for you guys, because, you know, maybe I'm not too afraid to let what I want to say be known instead of trying to say it in Hebrew?

The first Hebrew post was trying to flame me for flattering Liverpool, and what I take is facing the facts that Liverpool, take it as you will, is a better and more experienced team than Maccabi Haifa. Another one in Hebrew came up defending me, saying that the flamer gives us Israelis a bad impression, and the last one was obviously a retaliation, denouncing me as an untrue fan.

I'll just ask right now, then: Is it a true fan's job to lob insults and bulldoze his way in an arguement, spewing bullsh*t and showing that he really doesn't know what the f*ck is talking about, or is it merely supporting one's team?

No, I'll tell you what a real fan is, all of you, really. A real fan faces the facts and says "I'll support my team even if it's the underdog. Even when she loses, I'll be in the crowd shouting "thank you" for all the games they've played." See, if I actually said that playing Liverpool is a futile run, a fruitless effort that should merely be forfitted lest Maccabi embarasses herself in front of the whole world, then I'd be an untrue fan. What really makes me a fan is that under all of that evidence hinting Maccabi will lose the tie, the only words that run through my head are "alright! Let's go! Bring it on, because there's still a chance we might do it." However slim that chance of winning may be, it's more than enough for every _true_ fan. Every true fan does this for his team, no matter who she plays. If Liverpool was to play Barcelona for the tie, I believe her chances to win would not be too good either (personal opinion, but leave this as an example), but wouldn't you all love to go to the away game just to show your team that it just doesn't matter who they're up against? That they will "never walk alone?"

It's one thing to say that it's unlikely to win against someone. It's totally another thing to say that it's impossible to win against someone. Saying something is impossible means abandonning all hope, and losing all faith. I never said that, because a fan always has faith.

Face the facts: Liverpool is a much more established club than Maccabi Haifa, one that is more capable of purchasing top players to make a power-team. The English league is full of such rich clubs, and I trust I don't need to mention any names to forum regulars, here. It's got lots of experience and five championships under its belt, while Maccabi Haifa is still poking around in that international arena. Every new team has to be initiated one way or another. Of course it'll be hard at first. We're still in this stage. It's O.K. to not be perfect from the beginning. Is anyone? If you ask me, Maccabi Haifa has always come out to face European challengers with guns blazing. That's more than enough to make me proud. I look forward to every tough match to see how my team proves herself. Maccabi has proven itself to me in this first leg, even though we didn't get away with a draw (DAMNIT!).

It's not traitorous to say that a team is better than yours. It's traitorous to say that you should just give up, and I never said that. Maccabi has given all of Israel (even the Maccabi Tel-Aviv fans :P) a reason to smile in recent years when they beat foreign teams like PSG. Wouldn't she try to do the same against Liverpool? If you, dear "Maccabi Haifa fan" call me untrue for this, then I believe the new Maccabi fanclub has just hit the sh*ts, and that YOU need a bit of education on what a true fan really is.

And if you want to know what all that flattering was about, I'll tell you: I like Liverpool as a club, because I'm a football fan. It just happens to not be my first lady :)

Sorry, English people, for this internal Israeli debate you saw develop in your forum.
Last edited by Kikosemmek on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kikosemmek

Postby mgabby » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:48 pm

Hey, Haifa fans, I think that the Hebrew posts could be sent on the private channel...

And about the game ...
I predicted 3-1 to LFC. I wrote all the time that Liverpool can NOT underestimata Haifa.
Those who were talking about a high result and resting the starters on second leg were
way off...

We were lucky to tie the game that late. A 1-1 might have been very bad for us .
Liverpool didn't play good. Something strange is going on in tha 3rd round qualefying
home games in recent years .... :angry:

I still don't think that second leg is THAT easy. All Haifa need is one goal ...
We will HAVE to score a goal (and the way we are playing lately it is not granted).
I wouldn't be happy to see a 0-0 late in the second half. My nerves are not built for this ...

And a short memory for the end : :;):
Two years ago I was sitting in Ramat Gan stadium watching my Israeli team, Maccabi Tel Aviv playing
it's last group stage game agains Juventus. We needed a win to finish third and go to UEFA cup. We drew 1-1
, Ajax drew B. Munich and finished third ....
During half time I called a friend asking about our "easy" game agains Olympiakos.
It is 1-0 to Olympiakos he said .... I was in shock. "WTF?  we need now 3 goals !!!"
The game in Ramat Gan ended. I got to the car trying to check something about LFC. It was past midnight
and too late too call friends asking what happend... (CL games start at 21.45 here due to time difference).
With trafic jams near stadium and all it took me 1.5 hours to drive home, and I was sure we didn't make it.
When I saw in the sports channel at 2 a.m. Steve's great goal it was like LIVE for me :D
It was out first of two miricales that year.
Let's hope we will not need one against Haifa ...
mgabby

Postby Maccabi Haifa F.C FaN » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:26 pm

Kikosemmek, my friend, all i'm sayin is that ur post was pointless and insignificant to the discussion. u merely said dat haifa is weak n liverpool should beat us easely, whether i agree or not has no importance, because i'm maccabi's fan, and posts like urs don't rly contribute to our morale and team spirit, agree? i was juss a lil bit upset 2 see ur post, as u r an israeli and haifa's fan.

anyways, juss drop it cause dis whole discussion is begining 2 be pointless as well.

n don't u presume to educate me, k? i know i'm a real fan, so keep ur scholarly comments 2 urself plz.
Last edited by Maccabi Haifa F.C FaN on Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maccabi Haifa F.C FaN

Postby alessandromagno » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:33 pm

Well done MH. Maybe you need to win the UEFA Cup before any big team really begins to fear you.
ALESSANDRO
alessandromagno
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kikosemmek » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:00 pm

Maccabi Haifa F.C FaN wrote:Kikosemmek, my friend, all i'm sayin is that ur post was pointless and insignificant to the discussion. u merely said dat haifa is weak n liverpool should beat us easely, whether i agree or not has no importance, because i'm maccabi's fan, and posts like urs don't rly contribute to our morale and team spirit, agree? i was juss a lil bit upset 2 see ur post, as u r an israeli and haifa's fan.

anyways, juss drop it cause dis whole discussion is begining 2 be pointless as well.

n don't u presume to educate me, k? i know i'm a real fan, so keep ur scholarly comments 2 urself plz.

It's normal to get angry about things like that. It's only a personal preference of mine to sacrifice fervor for realism. I do agree with you that it doesn't contribute to morale, but how significant is a post in a forum? Is this going to change the tide of the game?

My first post was all about how Maccabi was a team not to be underestimated. Of course it was relevant to the discussion. I simply made a point that I thought should have been made. I never said Maccabi was a weak club, but only that Liverpool is better than us. Like it or not, it's my opinion, and like I said before, I'd rather be a realist than a fanatic. So yes, maybe I'm not so die-hard as you or others in Haifa. We also happen to not be the same person, so I don't see how that is a problem.

Consider the discussion dropped, but I can't appologize for trying to be literate.

Edit: To the rest of you, this is probably the last you'll see of my annoying existence... untill next game, of course.  :angry:
Last edited by Kikosemmek on Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kikosemmek

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:27 pm

Your all starting to bore me now....with all this pointless drivel!.This topic has turned into a "political football"...for fukks sake we are not the united nations you know?. :down:  :sleep
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby buxxy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:37 pm

i think maccabi haufa played better in the first half but liverpool puled it together in the 2nd half :D :D :) :)
buxxy

Postby buxxy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:41 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:Your all starting to bore me now....with all this pointless drivel!.This topic has turned into a "political football"...for fukks sake we are not the united nations you know?. :down:  :sleep

somthin that really sends u to sleep is man utd they r a really borin team  :sleep :help
buxxy

Postby Green Haifa Fan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:44 pm

alessandromagno wrote:Well done MH. Maybe you need to win the UEFA Cup before any big team really begins to fear you.

stfu, i c u from Bahrain, u always like make thing hotter when it gets calm. im sure the Israeli team beats Bahrain, if they wouldn't fear to face us (as u know countries like yours against Israel in all sports).

btw, if u think we need 2 b fear from u (lfc and big teams), u can forget about it, as little as we r, even against the biggest team in the world, we will not come to a game just to get beaten, we will do the maximum we can do to make the most of this game. and also we have much worse thing to b fear from, then a football team.
Green Haifa Fan

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:53 pm

buxxy wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:Your all starting to bore me now....with all this pointless drivel!.This topic has turned into a "political football"...for fukks sake we are not the united nations you know?. :down:  :sleep

somthin that really sends u to sleep is man utd they r a really borin team  :sleep :help

and :censored: as well!!. :laugh:  :nod
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:55 pm

Green Haifa Fan wrote:
alessandromagno wrote:Well done MH. Maybe you need to win the UEFA Cup before any big team really begins to fear you.

stfu, i c u from Bahrain, u always like make thing hotter when it gets calm. im sure the Israeli team beats Bahrain, if they wouldn't fear to face us (as u know countries like yours against Israel in all sports).

btw, if u think we need 2 b fear from u (lfc and big teams), u can forget about it, as little as we r, even against the biggest team in the world, we will not come to a game just to get beaten, we will do the maximum we can do to make the most of this game. and also we have much worse thing to b fear from, then a football team.

Fear?

We couldnt care less if you feared us.

Show some respect instead.

Face the facts. WE ARE A BETTER TEAM. Sure, you probably have a small chance of beating us, but even you know that we can and will KICK YOUR ASS.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Green Haifa Fan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:19 pm

anti-hero wrote:
Green Haifa Fan wrote:

Fear?

We couldnt care less if you feared us.

Show some respect instead.

Face the facts. WE ARE A BETTER TEAM. Sure, you probably have a small chance of beating us, but even you know that we can and will KICK YOUR ASS.

1. I didn't say u have to care.
2. I gave respect in my previouses posts, and im also fan of lfc.
3. and last: get ur nose a lil' bit down, lordly!
Last edited by Green Haifa Fan on Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Haifa Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion