LIVERPOOL VS MACCABI HAIFA - Part 2

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:33 am

UEFA eventually made the right decision.

Playing the match in Israel would have been too risky.

It was a far better idea to move this match to the Ukraine.

Which is only the second most radioactive nation in Europe

Second? :D I thought it was the first one. Nonetheless, it is Europe. Unlike Israel.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:51 am

With all the bickering you would have thought we were knocked out of the CL. Just a reminder folks..

Qualification into the CL is cause for CELEBRATION.  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stevemm » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:53 am

Sabre wrote:
UEFA eventually made the right decision.

Playing the match in Israel would have been too risky.

It was a far better idea to move this match to the Ukraine.

Which is only the second most radioactive nation in Europe

Second? :D I thought it was the first one. Nonetheless, it is Europe. Unlike Israel.

Isarel...
why not in turkey
stevemm

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:33 am

mgabby wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Green Haifa Fan wrote:oh, what a match.
I proud of my team to stand like that against team like urs. also by the people reaction here, I see we did a hard time to u, and its also something to be proud consider the level difference.
this was the maximum we can get from this match, and I guess another year we'll have a short international challenge (sad ha?), I hope in UEFA will be better.

I hope that UEFA will look at the map and realise that you're not actually in Europe.

Lets face it , Lebanon and Syria are  closer to Europe , maybe we should campaign to let them in and you lot can f'uck off to the African nations competition, they are after all a lot nearer to you than Europe.

:idea

It makes me sad to know that among Liverpool fans, there is also an idiot like you

[color=#FF0000]Ouch !  :laugh:  I'm happy that you feel that way , and just to add to your misery you should be advised that Liverpool are supported by thousands of idiots just like me . In fact some of them are even more idiotic ,they not only wonder how come Israel are "in Europe" but also how come they're in the Eurovision Song contest .

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:39 am

woof woof ! wrote:In fact some of them are even more idiotic ,they not only wonder how come Israel are "in Europe" but also how come they're in the Eurovision Song contest .

and why Israel's best female singer has a d1ck
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mgabby » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:58 am

kazza wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:In fact some of them are even more idiotic ,they not only wonder how come Israel are "in Europe" but also how come they're in the Eurovision Song contest .

and why Israel's best female singer has a d1ck

well, not anymore  :D

(by the way, Dana International is NOT the best singer ... maybe the best FREAK singer )

And about why we play in Europe :
Well, we used to play in Asia where we are geographicly. We even won the Asian championship twice ... problem is, due to political resons, some of the countries there are not places Israelis can visit (Iraq, Iran, Syria, Pakistan, Lebanon and a few more ...)
Before you jump and say that it is our fault - I am not sure that any British team would be able to play in most of those places too. Or any western country ....

We were moved by FIFA around the globe ... We used to play in Autralia (we beat Australia to get into 1970 world cup). We lost to Colombia and didn't reach world cup 1990 ... we played in Africa too.. I guess now it's Europes turn.

As you all know (I hope) Israel is not the only UEFA member that is not in Europe geographicly. Open your maps and check :
Turkey (90% of it's area is in Asia), Cyprus, Kazahstan, Azerbijan, Armenia ... they all play in Europe ...

By the way, in basketball, Maccabi Tel Aviv is one of Europes best teams. We won the euroleague 3 times in the last 5 years  :buttrock
mgabby

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:09 am

I don't think we played well last night. I think losing Carragher has had a massive affect on us. There were a few occasions when our back 4 was caught out. Having said that i think Agger did well, i still have some concerns about Aurelio. He's a good tackler but he just seems to lose the ball very easily, and if there's two qualities a defender needs its being able to keep hold of the ball and pass it accuratley to the midfield. There were a few of our players guilty of this, a couple of our midfielders lost the ball when there were simple passes on. Obviously we didn't need to win the game but i just felt we invited pressure onto ourselves which made the last quater of the game harder than it should have been. We need a big improvement if we are going to beat West Ham on the weekend.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:18 am

mgabby wrote: :D

and why Israel's best female singer has a d1ck[/quote]
well, not anymore  :D

by the way, Dana International is NOT the best singer ...[/quote]
Who's Dana International ?  :cool:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:30 am

adamnbarrett wrote:
"But it was very disappointing to lose another two players through injury. Stephen's is hopefully not too serious but Momo could be out for two or three weeks. We will have to see."

Iknow this is with hindsight, but having Didi to step in would have been great.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:33 am

Garcia really annoys me, we get sissoko etc ripping it up in midfield fighting for the cause, then this numpty gets the ball and fops about till someone takes it off him.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:00 am

kazza wrote:Who's Dana International ?  :cool:

She used to be an Irish singer,by the name of Dana;she had a couple of hits in the early seventies and then left Eire and dissappeared in Israel whilst doing a "Free Palestine" gig.
     She reappeared,after huge amounts of surgical augmentation by much reveiled, Jewish surgeon Dr Evilgoldblumstein,as Dana International and once again took Eurovision by storm.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Rimetto_ » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:41 am

neil wrote:Garcia really annoys me, we get sissoko etc ripping it up in midfield fighting for the cause, then this numpty gets the ball and fops about till someone takes it off him.

He is very frustrating. Sometimes he can destroy opositions and other times he's constantly giving the ball away.

For me rafa should have replaced him with Bellamy around 60 mins because i think bellamy would have cuased them alot of problems from inside rather than taking Pennant off who i thought had a good game and is slowly understanding his role in the team.

For me sometimes Rafa leaves it a little late with his changes.
Rimetto_

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:44 am

same old story every year big massive build up to the prem and then struck with injury after injury , why !! :(
Kopite-Jud

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:45 am

Rimetto_ wrote:
neil wrote:Garcia really annoys me, we get sissoko etc ripping it up in midfield fighting for the cause, then this numpty gets the ball and fops about till someone takes it off him.

He is very frustrating. Sometimes he can destroy opositions and other times he's constantly giving the ball away.

For me rafa should have replaced him with Bellamy around 60 mins because i think bellamy would have cuased them alot of problems from inside rather than taking Pennant off who i thought had a good game and is slowly understanding his role in the team.

For me sometimes Rafa leaves it a little late with his changes.

I think Garcia plays better when he has been left out for a few games , i think he only plays poorly when he plays week in week out
Kopite-Jud

Postby GOAT » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:47 am

Kopite-Jud wrote:same old story every year big massive build up to the prem and then struck with injury after injury , why !! :(

Except last season
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion