LIVERPOOL VS HULL CITY - Saturday 13th december 15.00pm ko.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:37 pm

So it's back to domestic action this weekend and the visit of Hull City who are having a great season so far. The home form has been less than impressive in recent weeks but I'm actually more confident that we'll win this one. Unlike West Ham and Fulham, Hull won't come and park the bus. They'll try and play a bit like they did at the Emirates earlier in the season which will suit us imo.

It'll be a hard fought game but I'm going for a 2-0 victory. It's important o apply the pressure as the Mancs are away at Spurs at 5.30 on Saturday and Chelsea don't play until Sunday.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redsince2001 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:44 pm

we need to win ...to go into the arsenal game still at the top of the league ...
yeah.............lik the sound of dat ! :cool:
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby tonyeh » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:02 pm

I think this one will be tough. Those Hull lads are game and have been a bit of a revelation. I'm liking what I've seen from them so far.

Liverpool have scored the same amount of goals as Hull, 24. But Hull have obviously let in more.

I won't make any predictions for this, but a win is the only result Liverpool should be thinking about.

I'm looking forward to this one.
tonyeh

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:06 pm

The last part of your topic opener St is the key as far as i am concerned.
If we can pick up 3 points then with the other two playing after us it does put them under pressure, uniteds game is very tricky and Rooney is suspended as well, not sure if Ronaldo is injured also.

Anyway am not worrying about them, more pointing to the fact that we can make a little statement and just apply some pressure, it would be nice to win our game then watch setanta really happy with our feet up havin a nice bevvy.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:09 pm

Just hope Hull bring it, if they sit back we'll really struggle to score but if they are more positive I can't see anything but a comfortable win
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:17 pm

dawson99 wrote:Just hope Hull bring it, if they sit back we'll really struggle to score but if they are more positive I can't see anything but a comfortable win

May help our cause their positivity and why so many clubs are so sh1t scared to attack at the big four grounds.

I've mixed feelings on who to start for this one. Obviously we were without Reina, Gerrard, Alonso, Torres and Kuyt last night and PSV were pretty ordinary fare. Do we give N'Gog and Babel games? I suggest Lucas may well be axed and Keane alone up front, maybe Arbeloa will be lucky to keep his place. It may depend on how Rafa views Hull - as a threat or as someone we should beat comfortably. The game after is more difficult so maybe this is a chance to rest players, but also risky in case it is the third home 0-0 in a row. T'would be harsh on Lucas to drop him
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:32 pm

Owzat wrote:May help our cause their positivity and why so many clubs are so sh1t scared to attack at the big four grounds.

Not really. They have a better chance of a result if they park the bus...going hammer and tongs is a recipe for disaster for the likes of these. I wouldn't say they are scared of attacking - more that there is higher value in preventing us from doing so...thats where quality should prevail.

Should be doing anyway.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:47 pm

when hull scored 3 against manure, were manure home or away?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:54 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:when hull scored 3 against manure, were manure home or away?

It was at Old Trafford. They also won at the Emirates having been 1-0 down. Whatever the case and wherever they're playing, they always play two upfront which is to their credit.

Teams in general are finding it much harder to win at home this season. I actually think this will be a really good game of football. Last season the only two sides I saw come to Anfield and actually have a go were Arsenal and Boro. Hull are very organised so we'll have to be on our game to break them down.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:05 pm

Here's some info on our visitors...

Hull is located in the old east riding of Yorkshire, England. For a long time the favourite sport of Hull folk was Rugby and pigeon fancying but now there is a new team from Hull that are catching the headlines... Hull City FC.

Here we see the main threats from that team...

Jack Sprat, Bob Enthwistle, Willie Ekerslike, Harry Grimb, Ernest Flump & Billy Bolloks

Hull people are a breed of their own. Here we see Miss Hull 1996...

...by 'eck she's a bonny buggar!

Not renowned for their common sense during the 1990's they had a solution to tackle the expanding population of Hull... 
...they decided to build on the River Humber...  clever eh?

Here we see Bernie Thistlewhaite giving young Eric Itchyass a piggy back to the sweet shop after the river burst it's banks...
...probably in an attempt to clean the streets as the people of Hull dont bother doing it - sh!thole.

Here's the Hull City team bus on Sunday afternoon, just leaving for a trip to Anfield, 110 miles as the crow flies. I dont think they know about the M62 yet either as no one ventures out of Hull often, but it's only 126 mile by road...

Crime is rife in Hull, voted the worst place in United Kingdom not so long ago...
Look at this...

...they have a search team to look for the local neighbourhood watch members as the chavs and scratters regulary abduct them.

so basically on Saturday...  lock everything away or screw it down cos Hull and it's people are coming to town.

3-0 to the Reds (Keane, Kuyt, hyypia)

:D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BullE » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:32 pm

Hello !

My name is Laurie, I live in Toulouse in France - so, sorry for my english :) -. I don't know where I can put this message, so, I put it here. I have a question, please : With my father, we would like to go to Liverpool to see a match at Anfield road. But, we live in France, and we don't know how we could buy tickets for a match. I tried to understand on the officiel site of Liverpool, but I didn't ... How can I buy tickets and pay them? Maybe I can receive them at home, next to pay them by blue card ...
It's a dream for me to go to Anfield road, to see Torres, Gerrard, and very beautiful game... Because, French Football, it isn't British Football, is it? :)   So, can someone help me please? How can I do? If you want to answer to me, I give you my Email Address :

cavalierelole@neuf.fr

Thank for your help, see you soon I hope, ( please, could you speak with easy words :D )
Laurie, from Toulouse ( in the South of France :) )

PS: I think that Liverpool goes to win this week end against Hull City 2 to 1 :cool:
BullE

Postby Greavesie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:44 pm

Ive got a bit of a soft spot for Hull this season, they're proving a lot of doubters wrong and their manager is from the same town as me
:D

they've managed to do Arsenal and gave Man U a scare so it's not a match to be taken lightly.
I'm goin for a 3:1 win  :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Alex G. » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:56 pm

Curiosly, this season I have less security on the Anfield´s games than the aways.
We need to turn Anfield into a fortress.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:32 pm

5-0 :wwww
Plain & Simple
Hull have been riding their luck for far too long.

Go get them Reds.....  :kungfu:
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex G. » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Please No Dossena in this one. :sniffle
Last edited by Alex G. on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion