HULL VS LIVERPOOL - 25th/4/09 3 p.m.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Madmax » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:54 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Folks, any chance we could not pollute this thread with our anger and disappointment about the events that unfolded at Old Trafford?  There are other threads for that.  This thread's about our lads and the professional job they did today under challenging circumstances. Cheers. :cool:

Ok mr mod by just one more time.. Fergie is a drunken red faced old saggy wrinkly fag!

Anyhow glad we won 2day even though i probably means shyte.. Common you reds!!!! YNWA
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:29 am

that is a very interesting post
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:00 am

Little Jimmy had a few drinks tonight I think Greavsie.......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:44 am

RedRoots wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:you know what kuyt may not be the most gifted footballer and he gets more sticks than he deserves , he's just showed all those critics 2 fingers up theirs , what a season the lad is having , man of the match against arsenal and my man of the match here again , was everywhere . With stevie out i think he has really stepped up his game . I also feel its time skrtel and agger become the preferred centre back pairing.

F.uck that for a game of soldiers, Skrtle's been all over the shop lately! He was really dodgy today!

I think Agger got chopped unfairly, what could he do about the mistakes being made around him? I've never been a big fan of Skrtel, not convinced by him and I think Agger and Carragher would be our best pairing if only Rafa would give it a chance.

Kuyt's 10th league goal of the season, not classics by any stretch of the imagination, but in the right place at the right time and he's a valuable member of the starting XI. Really does annoy me so many think we can just go out and buy someone and they'll be or do better. I think we need to review our defensive frailties, look on the opposite flank and look at our centre before worrying about Kuyt. If we don't win the league, we haven't lost it because of Kuyt, or Gerrard, or Torres, or excuses about injuries - or Reina, despite not being in great form recently.

Premiership Top Scorers

1st : 17 Ronaldo (Man Utd)
2nd : 15 Anelka (Chelsea)
=3rd : 13 Gerrard (Liverpool)
=3rd : 13 Torres (Liverpool)
=3rd : 13 Robinho (Man City)
=6th : 12 Bent (Tottenham)
=6th : 12 Agbonlahor (Aston Villa)
=6th : 12 Davies (Bolton)
=6th : 12 Lampard (Chelsea)
=6th : 12 Rooney (Man Utd)
11th : 11 Crouch (Portsmouth)
=12th : 10 Kuyt (Liverpool)
=12th : 10 Adebayor (Arsenal)
=12th : 10 Taylor (Bolton)
=12th : 10 Cisse (Sunderland)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1....ult.stm

As for the game, somewhat questionable free-kick and lucky for Xabi his taking of it was so poor he got it back to have a better go. Kuyt played the predator in the box, their's was a sloppy goal to concede and ironic given some of the praise and suggesting he is "most improved" that Insua should be so culpable for their goal (playing musical statues and letting his man run in on goal unchallenged to score) I can only think Reina's been affected a bit by the recent flood of goals - how often does he come out with comments like he did last week? We've conceded in our last two league games, twice this season we've gone three without keeping a clean sheet and those involved two away games.

It is easy to be critical of the team at times, especially after two 4-4s, but we have coped reasonably well without Gerrard in the league. I wouldn't quite call it "seamless", but the way muppets who support other clubs go on you'd think we couldn't win without Gerrard when in fact we've picked up seven points out of nine in his absence and scored eight goals. But for poor individual errors that could have been nine out of nine and hot on the heels of the mancs. There's been too much talk on here of them dropping points and we're the ones who've dropped them, as I said was always possible come likely.

Doesn't matter how wins come at this stage of the season, it's all very well blaming Howard Webb for the manc fightback, but spudz should be professional enough to know you get bad decisions and you can't let them affect you or use them as an excuse for conceding FIVE goals. spudz gifted excellent players space in and around the penalty area and then blame ONE decision that was an understandable mistake given the ref had one look at it from one angle and not 99 replays from various angles. No good blaming Howard Webb, he didn't make spudz defend badly and leak goals.

I've just read 'arry wants technology introduced, what a knee jerk reaction over ONE decision. If only people would accept decisions we'd be alright, before s*y and other TV showed 99 replays of incidents there wasn't half the calls for technology. Same goes for cricket, umpires being questioned over mistakes when they make no more than past umpires who are well respected and the difference is down to the excess dissection of any incident. First it was goalline technology, now it's penalties, what next - free-kicks and throw ins? Our free-kicks is controversial only because we scored from it, if we hadn't then it wouldn't have been.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:20 pm

:laugh: Look at the Kuyt celebration, he does a Rafa crossing his hands over   :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPG2qLmLPKk
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:38 pm

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh: Look at the Kuyt celebration, he does a Rafa crossing his hands over   :laugh:

:laugh:

Never noticed that yesterday!
Fergie will say he is disrespectful to Phil brown!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:12 pm

He was trying to say game over :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:12 pm

good win, but i thought they would anyway, even if heimdall had started this thread
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:45 pm

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh: Look at the Kuyt celebration, he does a Rafa crossing his hands over   :laugh:

Video deleted but I noticed that yesterday haha! I thought to myself, "Would it be too much for Fergie to start attacking players?"
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby beng » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:53 am

Evaluate players' efforts in the game with  HULL
link
beng

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:57 am

Masch's reaction  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:00 am

Is that nanny :D

only joking nanny :;):
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:04 am

Toffeehater wrote:He was trying to say game over :D

so glad he waited til the 3rd goal and we were in injury time!

could have looked a bit stupid at 2-0  :Oo:
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:18 pm

Judge wrote:good win, but i thought they would anyway, even if heimdall had started this thread

Just like we all thought we'd beat Stoke home and away, Hull at home, Boro away etc etc etc...............
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion