HULL VS LIVERPOOL - 25th/4/09 3 p.m.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bermenstein » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:14 am

Working on it.

Points on the board are better than games in hand imo, and United have to cram in lots of games between now & the end of the season, so fatigue should provide a few twists in our favour hopefully.

A miracle away performance would be gratefully welcomed tonight (wed 22nd April) from Portsmouth. Hopefully Pennant & Crouchy can inspire something. 

Regarding Hull, they are fighting for survival which is always a tough situation, but we should have enough quality to see us over the line in this 1. Hopefully Keane can do some damage with Spurs against the Mancs to also help our cause.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:17 am

Bermenstein wrote:Working on it.

Good lad get in there before Judge goes and fu'cks it up again!
Judge=Witch!
BURN HIM BURN HIM!! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:19 am

If we drop points here it really is over. I hope Stevie will be able to play some part even if only half the game.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:54 am

can't see us dropping points here, just hope are defence comes back from the hols in time :D  i think it could be a 3-1 game

glad you got in there berm before the witch fecked up another match thread :D  BURN HIM :angry:
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:48 am

We'll bounce back. I hate superstitions but to be safe let's let only Bermenstein handle these threads
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby tonyeh » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:54 am

Hull are in bad form of late, but they gave us a good kicking last time we met and we had to crawl back to parity in the second half.

They are also scrapping to stay up and that means that they'll be coming out looking for a result. They can't afford to fuck around now if they are serious about the Premiership.

Also, after the serious leakage Liverpool have been suffering, I'm afraid Rafa may decide that a more attack minded approach is not the way to go and change back to his more conservative style.  :(  This would be a bad move IMO. The switch to a more attackng style has been generally a positive change in Liverpool's play AFAIC. It's just a pity they didn't make the change 4 or 5 months ago.

They just need to remember that they need to defend as well.

1-0 will do in this. I don't think I could take another 4-4, or even 2-2 like the last Hull match.
tonyeh

Postby Madmax » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Right man for the job... Glad bermy started the thread!!!! Burn judge!!! :D  Anyhow this is going to be a big match with hull aiming for a win to boost their chaces of an escape and us going for the title. Just hope we stay focused at the back and win this one with comfort. Tough match to call would love stevie to feature but doubt it. 2-1 to red men
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:41 pm

I had doubts about our results while others were selfishly starting threads, probably to spite the wishes of others, but now Bermenstein has woken from his slumbers we have every chance of winning.

I gather our captain is unlikely to play, we shouldn't need him. If we can cut out our defensive failings from corners and as shown in the last game, we should win. Hopefully Rafa will have learned from the 2-2 at Anfield, I'm not sure there is much to learn from the 4-4 last night as you can't legislate for multiple individual errors in the same game. Hopefully he will start with Benayoun behind Torres with Kuyt on the right where he belongs.

Hull have won only three games at home and eight all season. They beat Fulham, West Ham and Middlesboro at home, but the last of those was 06/12/08. Their last win in any competition was a 1-0 in the Premiership at Craven Cottage on 04/03/09 - they've won only four times in 2009 and those were wins over Fulham in the Premiership and Newcastle, Sheff Utd and Millwall in the FA Cup.

Some Noteworthy Premiership Results

31/01/09 Hull 2-2 WBA - bottom side drawing at Hull, although they lost 3-0 to Hull at the Hawthorns
11/04/09 Middlesboro 3-1 Hull - lowest scoring Premiership side scoring three against Hull
30/08/08 Hull 0-5 Wigan - trouncing at home by ok but nothing special Wigan
27/09/08 Arsenal 1-2 Hull - back when they were in form, but shows what they can do

Against the top four Hull have drawn 0-0 at Stamford Bridge, 2-2 at Anfield, won 2-1 at the Emirates and narrowly lost 3-4 at old trafford. IF we don't win there then we'll be the only top four side that hasn't beaten Hull this season, Arsenal won 3-1 in the reverse fixture and Chelsea 3-0 at the KFC stadium.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:47 pm

tonyeh wrote:...Also, after the serious leakage Liverpool have been suffering, I'm afraid Rafa may decide that a more attack minded approach is not the way to go and change back to his more conservative style.  :(  This would be a bad move IMO. The switch to a more attackng style has been generally a positive change in Liverpool's play AFAIC. It's just a pity they didn't make the change 4 or 5 months ago.

They just need to remember that they need to defend as well.

1-0 will do in this. I don't think I could take another 4-4, or even 2-2 like the last Hull match.

I totally agree that the attacking Liverpool should defo stay. We were just so Unlucky it is just incredible!! Arsenal had 4 shots, 4 goals. I know we made mistakes, but common, lady luck is with the Mancs at the moment. They are playing sh.it and winning. We're playing fabulous. Look at the stats hereImage
If this had been Man U, they would have trounced Arsenal, just like on any other day, we would have stuffed them also. It was the roll of the die last night.

Anyhow, if we don't win the title this season, it won't be because we drew 4-4 with Arsenal, it will be because of the internal power struggle & infighting this season, plus the dodgy home 0-0 draws we had earlier this season with West Ham, Fuham & Stoke imo. Thats was 6 point dropped right there in those 3 games.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:48 pm

as long as Dossena does not start, I think we will be fine. Would prefer Insua over Aurelio as well.
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:14 pm

JoeTerp wrote:as long as Dossena does not start, I think we will be fine. Would prefer Insua over Aurelio as well.

Yeah good shout. Especially after the game Fabio had yesterday. Insua has deserved it with the way he has stepped up. He hasn't put a foot wrong in whenever he has played.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Finally Bermenstein starts the match thread...

:buttrock
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:02 pm

just a thought....

Would hull be the same as chelsea and arsenal say if we were to play with the same intensity? Cant see hull scoring many but than again anything is possible. For me hull have not got the same attacking tools so if we were to play a high tempo game maybe will win 6-3 or something.. :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:16 pm

well done Berm you're on the ball this week :D

MUST win this one and reckon we should, the Mancs play Spurs so Harry could get us back to sqaure one come the weekend (providied they beat Pompey tonight that is)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:41 am

Number 9 wrote:
Bermenstein wrote:Working on it.

Good lad get in there before Judge goes and fu'cks it up again!
Judge=Witch!
BURN HIM BURN HIM!! :nod

i will find bumstains arsenal draw thread and link it, if the witch goes on

at least my match threads are more exciting, as they have produced 13 goals for liverpool  :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion