LIVERPOOL VS HULL CITY - Saturday 13th december 15.00pm ko.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:47 pm

Hull have shown no problem scoring this year, and aren't intimidated by ANYONE, which is surprising since they just came here.  They won't be scared of us, and I won't be surprised if our defense isn't ready and they net one past us.  They were unable to handle chelsea, but put 3 past United away, and put 2 past Arsenal.  Need to be ready.

Their recent form is pretty poor: W D D D L L L, but hopefully they wont be winning, drawing, and losing in patterns, because then 2 wins is next.  :p

Big game, I really hope we can win comfortably at 2-0.
SupitsJonF

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:48 pm

I would say hull at little better then PSV so i go for same result.

3-1

Team who cares rafa is picking it come on the reds !!!!!  :buttrock
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:03 pm

BullE wrote:Hello !

My name is Laurie, I live in Toulouse in France - so, sorry for my english :) -. I don't know where I can put this message, so, I put it here. I have a question, please : With my father, we would like to go to Liverpool to see a match at Anfield road. But, we live in France, and we don't know how we could buy tickets for a match. I tried to understand on the officiel site of Liverpool, but I didn't ... How can I buy tickets and pay them? Maybe I can receive them at home, next to pay them by blue card ...
It's a dream for me to go to Anfield road, to see Torres, Gerrard, and very beautiful game... Because, French Football, it isn't British Football, is it? :)   So, can someone help me please? How can I do? If you want to answer to me, I give you my Email Address :

cavalierelole@neuf.fr

Thank for your help, see you soon I hope, ( please, could you speak with easy words :D )
Laurie, from Toulouse ( in the South of France :) )

PS: I think that Liverpool goes to win this week end against Hull City 2 to 1 :cool:

Sorry I don't know anything about it but i'm sure if you keep checking back someone will answer.

As for the game I think it will be entertaining Hull are an offensive team and it should open space up for us to create goals.
3-1 win.
Zidane

Postby heimdall » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 pm

BullE wrote:Hello !

My name is Laurie, I live in Toulouse in France - so, sorry for my english :) -. I don't know where I can put this message, so, I put it here. I have a question, please : With my father, we would like to go to Liverpool to see a match at Anfield road. But, we live in France, and we don't know how we could buy tickets for a match. I tried to understand on the officiel site of Liverpool, but I didn't ... How can I buy tickets and pay them? Maybe I can receive them at home, next to pay them by blue card ...
It's a dream for me to go to Anfield road, to see Torres, Gerrard, and very beautiful game... Because, French Football, it isn't British Football, is it? :)   So, can someone help me please? How can I do? If you want to answer to me, I give you my Email Address :

cavalierelole@neuf.fr

Thank for your help, see you soon I hope, ( please, could you speak with easy words :D )
Laurie, from Toulouse ( in the South of France :) )

PS: I think that Liverpool goes to win this week end against Hull City 2 to 1 :cool:

Your best chance is probably via a French liverpool supporters group, I don't know any but I'm sure there must be one. Otherwise I'm not sure how it works for overseas fans either, sorry.

Come on mods and other regular match goers, help Laurie out.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:42 pm

I have a funny feeling that this might be the game where it all clicks into place, who says I'm always doom and gloom  :wwww

I'm going to go for a 4-1 win to us.
heimdall

Postby Scottbot » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:49 pm

First trip up for me this season so can't wait for this one. Any win will do for me and a bit of atmosphere in the ground please!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eonerf » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Now this is going to be a difficult match. Geovanni is big-game player so we're gonna have to be really cautious of him plus as a whole they work well as a team. I wonder whether Nick Barmby is going to play?
eonerf

Postby Koptite » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:24 pm

Hull will have a go....i just hope we get a early goal! If we do then i think we could go on and get a couple more.

another 3-1 to the red men

Gerrard and Keane x2 :p
Koptite

Postby Thewaykokid » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:52 am

TO be Honest, and I may take some for this comment but i don't care, of all the premiership sides, i would be the happiest losing to Hull, because, come on, what a miracle it would be if they got a UEFA Cup spot :D

I'm going for a 3-2 thriller with goals to Keane, Kuyt and Gerrard :blues:
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby Thinkpad » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:43 am

I think its not going to be easy.
Really depends how we plan to approach the game. Are we going for a draw approach?
Or are we going for an all out to attack? Hull players are strong and will keep snapping at our players feet.
So far I feel all our players can't perform when the opposing team play like snapping dogs.
I feel our players don't like to dribble or keep the ball longer because of this. We will either pass it too quickly (just to get rid of the ball)
or pass it back to the defense and goalie. Our players are weak when it comes to ball controlling and holding.
Can't see our midfielders bossing the area too. More like a very uncomfortable area to be in.
Expect to see a lot of long balls after repeated failure to pass beyond the middle ground.
Which is unfortunate as we have hardly any aerial warriors at the moment.
If we can boss the middle ground and use the wingers, we can nick it.
Hopefully a free kick will give us the winner. Liverpool to scrap a 1 goal win.
It's going to be ugly... better buy a magazine to read during the game and watch only the highlights.
Thinkpad

Postby Madmax » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:03 am

Its going to be a tough match for sure. Hull will play to thier full strength, no fear. The victory over psv has given or lad confidence and i hope they will take that to this match. Keane really needs to score but i am not going to say if he will in this match. I feel the scoreline will be a patchy 2-1 to us.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:07 am

Thinkpad wrote:It's going to be ugly... better buy a magazine to read during the game and watch only the highlights.

???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:09 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Thinkpad wrote:It's going to be ugly... better buy a magazine to read during the game and watch only the highlights.

???

was gonna quote the exact same thing  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:31 am

I'm interested to see what the Anti-Rotationists will be calling for in this one. In theory, I would expect them to call for Lucas to stay in the side, he did put in a fine performance midweek did he not? Our trouble to break teams down in the prem at home would usually lead to a Macherano-less side, but Hull will likely have a go at it, and Mascherano accompanied by Alonso with Gerrard behind Keane seems likely to me. But can that team score? I think if we play one striker and that one striker isn't Torres, Babel might be able to offer more down the left than Riera (whose crosses normally don't find anyone even when we play with 2 strikers)
JoeTerp

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:42 am

JoeTerp wrote:I'm interested to see what the Anti-Rotationists will be calling for in this one. In theory, I would expect them to call for Lucas to stay in the side, he did put in a fine performance midweek did he not? Our trouble to break teams down in the prem at home would usually lead to a Macherano-less side, but Hull will likely have a go at it, and Mascherano accompanied by Alonso with Gerrard behind Keane seems likely to me. But can that team score? I think if we play one striker and that one striker isn't Torres, Babel might be able to offer more down the left than Riera (whose crosses normally don't find anyone even when we play with 2 strikers)

One things for certain is Hull will not come and park the bus, they will come to have a go.
Which is a very pleasing thing to see from a recently promoted side, they wont come and do a Stoke.

I think we will play 4-4-2 and Bennynoon will be back in the side, and Alonso and Gerrard in the middle.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion