STOKE CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday January 10th  17:30 k.o

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:37 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Maybe he meant " we could have been out of sight right now...." if it wasn't for dodgy team selection and a bunch of no-marks on the pitch who don't have what it takes to win a game when you have to do so by any means possible

We have to move on to the next game, feck the mancs and anyone else, just worry about the upcoming fixtures, we cannot change the result anymore.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:43 pm

You're right....to a point.....unfortunately the "next" game was at one time the Fulham game, then the West Hame game....then the Stoke game....
It's amost like watching Homer Simpson in Groundhog Day - same ridiculous lack of appetite to win a game....no leadership on the pitch.
I mean, wtf was with Masch yesterday for example ? Maybe SG does in fact have a lot on his mind right now, but no other player looked like he wanted to win that match yesterday....
You know, it galls me to spend a small fortune on flights, hotels, tickets, train fares etc....to go over there and "observe" a bunch of overpaid prima donnas play without passion. Before the season ticket holders get up on their high horses, yes I am an infrequent visitor to Anfield but that's because it costs a load to get there,.....I can't do it as often as I'd like. Nonetheless, even if I don't - how many of YOU can stomach the attitude the lads on the pitch have been showing ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Madmax » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:48 pm

rafa said this after the match : "If Mr Ferguson would stop talking about Liverpool maybe it would be good. He is clearly nervous about Liverpool.

After mannure beat chelsea 3-0 and us drawing 0-0 against stoke, i dont think the red nosed :censored: is the nervous one mr rafa.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:50 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:You're right....to a point.....unfortunately the "next" game was at one time the Fulham game, then the West Hame game....then the Stoke game....
It's amost like watching Homer Simpson in Groundhog Day - same ridiculous lack of appetite to win a game....no leadership on the pitch.
I mean, wtf was with Masch yesterday for example ? Maybe SG does in fact have a lot on his mind right now, but no other player looked like he wanted to win that match yesterday....
You know, it galls me to spend a small fortune on flights, hotels, tickets, train fares etc....to go over there and "observe" a bunch of overpaid prima donnas play without passion. Before the season ticket holders get up on their high horses, yes I am an infrequent visitor to Anfield but that's because it costs a load to get there,.....I can't do it as often as I'd like. Nonetheless, even if I don't - how many of YOU can stomach the attitude the lads on the pitch have been showing ?

did we lose 10-0?  Are we bottom of the league?

Pull yourself together lad, its a bad away result in what has been an excellent season. We're top of the league and we'll soon have Torres back at full fitness.

Personally i think we missed Alonso at the weekened and he'll be back for the derby, and we WILL win that.

Keep the faith, we're going to win the league  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:51 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:You're right....to a point.....unfortunately the "next" game was at one time the Fulham game, then the West Hame game....then the Stoke game....

There is still along way to go there is going to be more UPS & DOWNS along the way, we have to believe if not we might aswell pack up and go home.
Dont let the mancs fool you today they where woeful against derby last week worst than us against Stoke.

Whiskey nose is relaying on his arl men Scholes, Giggs and Neville to get him results he knows without them they are in sh!t street, they wont be there much longer and with a bit of luck fairy feet will p!ss off to Madrid.

Its not over till the fat lady sings.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Ciggy wrote:

There is still along way to go there is going to be more UPS & DOWNS along the way, we have to believe if not we might aswell pack up and go home.
Dont let the mancs fool you today they where woeful against derby last week worst than us against Stoke.

Whiskey nose is relaying on his arl men Scholes, Giggs and Neville to get him results he knows without them they are in sh!t street, they wont be there much longer and with a bit of luck fairy feet will p!ss off to Madrid.

Gis a song! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:53 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

:laugh: yer cheeky b@stard im tone deaf  :rasp

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Well. considering it was the same old scangers again who scored for United, I don't see the reliance on the old guard mate....I think Rafa is bottling it...I think the players don't know or have what it takes to go the whole hog....bar one or two....and one or two won't carry 9 others...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Raffmaker » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:56 am

We cannot keep squandering points time and again, and not expect to get punished for it eventually.

Complacency, Rafa's worst enemy.
Raffmaker

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:15 am

Number 9 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

:D  :D  :D

Was quick for you Baz  :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:05 am

Madmax wrote:rafa said this after the match : "If Mr Ferguson would stop talking about Liverpool maybe it would be good. He is clearly nervous about Liverpool.

After mannure beat chelsea 3-0 and us drawing 0-0 against stoke, i dont think the red nosed :censored: is the nervous one mr rafa.

That impressed you, did it?

How much are you willing to bet that United will go out against a so called easy 3-pointer of a game and either draw or lose fairly soon? I can see it happening.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:08 am

What is wrong with people? Why do they expect us to beat teams above and beyond us, yet when lesser teams do that to us, all Hell breaks loose?

Balance, folks. I bet half of you can't stand on one leg...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:15 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:What is wrong with people? Why do they expect us to beat teams above and beyond us, yet when lesser teams do that to us, all Hell breaks loose?

:D  i can
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:19 am

Madmax wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:What is wrong with people? Why do they expect us to beat teams above and beyond us, yet when lesser teams do that to us, all Hell breaks loose?

:D  i can

Ah, but what about the other one?...  :p

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:33 am

it was a poor result lando.

nil all against a side that we should, on paper, be beating

After half and hour, liverpool looked out of sorts, and lacked a definitive cutting edge. Even with the introduction Torres, we still didnt look like winning - despite the off the cross bar effort from Gerrard!!

Lucas was dire, as usual, and for the life of me, i dunno why we persist in a player like him that at times would much suit a place in a kitchen as a cook, rather than a footballer. He gave away silly fouls in dangerous areas, and if it had been Ronaldo or Deco on the end of a free kick, then id fear we would have been 1 or 2 down to them. Thank god it was Stoke, and their players lack the finess of the better ones in the premiership.

Imo, Keane shouldve got a run out after the first 15 mins of the second half. Gerrard dropping in the hole behind Torres and keane. Formation shouldve been 4-3-1-2.
This wouldve created far more chances against a static Stoke. I feel we couldve opened them up, and if we'd got a goal, then the floodgates may have opened up for us. But alas, NO!!!

It beggars belief sometimes, that as we are top we should be finishing off lesser teams with more swagger. Although i hate man utd, you have to admire their destruction of chelsea. That was on the back of a humiliation at derby. We need more fight like that if we are to bring the championship home
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion