LIVERPOOL VS HULL CITY - Saturday 13th december 15.00pm ko.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alex G. » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Alex G. wrote::No, The problem is not the Rafa´s tactics.
The problem is that the squad is not deep strenght. Not enough quality.

Could Benayoun, Kuyt, Arbeloa, Dossena for Manchester or Chelsea? No way. :no

I could argue the same for several of their players too. You have no point whatsoever here.

Name one player of them that is not good enough for us. Name one.
But don´t name the young reserves of course.

Fletcher and Park. There's two. End of debate.

Fletcher and Park?? Don´t you really rate Fletcher and Park??

They are very good players. Benayoun cleans the Park´s boots.
Ok, I´ll answer later, gonna watch Barça-Madrid.
Last edited by Alex G. on Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Stop arguing guys.  El clasico is on in a few mins.  It should be a good one.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Alex G. wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

I could argue the same for several of their players too. You have no point whatsoever here.

Fletcher would get nowhere near our midfield. Park is no better than Benayoun.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:58 pm

I'm just really angry at how Keane is being treated by the manager, and how we needed some of his abilities today.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Alex G. wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

that is laughable...fletcher is nowhere near gerrard,mascherano or alonso...as for park he is jus an ordinary player in a big club now...shud move to a smaller club and he will make a name for himself again....at psv he was immense but like soo many players tht come from dutch teams they fade eventually
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:03 pm

metalhead wrote:I'm just really angry at how Keane is being treated by the manager, and how we needed some of his abilities today.

So he could miss a few sitters again?  :D
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Alex G. wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Alex G. wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

As a Scotland supporter I have to agree with Emerald. Fletcher is a very over rated player, I wouldn't thank you for him comin here. I dont personally rate a number of our players, but lets face it, over the years alot of good players have taken stick. Ronnie Whelan was a good case in point. It's opinions, nothin more.

Yes I'm disappointed with today. Yes it should have been 3 more points and a possible extension of our lead. And yes, I dare say a few players didnt perform to their best. But it's satdy nite and i'm gonna enjoy the fact that until tomoro at least we're top dogs and despite a home draw we aint nearer to any1 at the minute.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:04 pm

It seems to me that far from the "moaners" overreacting, it's people who are springing to the defense of anything criticised whoa re getting themselves all worked up. I haven't seen anybody saying the manager should be sacked, or the team should be sold. A few people have ventured the opinion that they are now coming to the conclusion that we won't win the title, but that's hardly an over-reaction surely?

If we don't win the title, we'll all come to that conclusion sooner or later. Some will go for the "it's still mathematically possible" angle as they do every year, while for others if we fall eight or ten points behind either or both of the Mancs or Chelsea, they'll realise it's most unlikely we'll come back from there. For my part, I was of the opinion that we were and are well and truly involved in the title race once we'd won at Chelsea, and I think we still are. This one result doesn't change that, but it does make it more unlikely that we'll win it. How much more unlikely is a moot point, but each time you fail to beat lesser opposition at Home, you know you are making that mountain which you'll need to climb ever steeper. A couple more results like the one today, and IMHO we'll be gone for all money. Already should Chelsea win tomorrow we'll be two points back, and a defeat at the Emirates would leave us if not quite needing snookers, at least under severe pressure.

Games like the Hull at home, Stoke at Home, West Ham at Home, Fulham at Home are the ones where you build up your insurance policy. These are the games in which you need to be taking 10 points out of 12, not 4. My opinion is that given the fact we had 31 million quids worth of strikers on the bench (not my valuation, Rafa's) and we needed a winning goal, we should have brought at least one of them on to play up front. Football's a simpler game than it's made out sometimes.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:04 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:
metalhead wrote:I'm just really angry at how Keane is being treated by the manager, and how we needed some of his abilities today.

So he could miss a few sitters again?  :D

Well at least they are CHANCES, unlike kuyt who doesnt get near a chance :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:07 pm

bigmick wrote:My opinion is that given the fact we had 31 million quids worth of strikers on the bench (not my valuation, Rafa's) and we needed a winning goal, we should have brought at least one of them on to play up front. Football's a simpler game than it's made out sometimes.

:nod

but what did he do? he brought in a midfielder instead who isn't half as the players in the pitch.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedEire » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:32 pm

Haven't had a chance to go through all the posts so apologies if this is already mentioned - but how was Dossena left on the field for the full game - twice Mendy got past him as if he was not there - the first time a goal was averted by Arbeloa who backheeled the ball away from Barmby just he was about to tap in and the second resulted in Carra's o.g. - meanwhile his defending for the first goal by letting mcShane get above him was very poor.  The reason why it appeared he had a better second half was becuase Mendy was brought back to right back when McShane was taken off and this stopped him from strolling past Dossena.  His actual awareness of where his man is also shocking - 3 or 4 times i noticed him twirling around looking for his man and in doing so completely lose the flight of the ball.  How he remains on the pitch is beyond me.
As for Keane - feel sorry for him.  Kuyt for all his work is not good enough and if he has to play should be out wide and Keane should be played in the box - it is an insult to put El Zhar on ahead of Keane - simple as that.  Yes Keane has struggled this season but the simple question is this - Is El Zhar/Ngog better player than Keane???
Gerrard did well to score twice but his overall play today was very poor, I thought.  He passing was sloppy and first touch was missing.
Masch is struggling for form at the moment, like Keane, yet is given plenty of game time.  Benayoun is not good enough to play for LFC.  Riera has gone of the boil at the moment after a whirlwind of a start - perhaps he needs to rested.
Arbeloa is beginning to show that he has the ability and is becoming like Finnan - doing his job and putting in consistent performances - well done lad, as I was one of his biggest critics last year.
RedEire

Postby Alex G. » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:47 pm

Fletcher and Park could play for Liverpool, Benayoun, Dossena, Kuyt, Arbeloa never for Man U or Chelsea.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:03 pm

Alex G. wrote:Fletcher and Park could play for Liverpool, Benayoun, Dossena, Kuyt, Arbeloa never for Man U or Chelsea.

Says you.  I say no.
SupitsJonF

Postby Rush Job » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:08 pm

bigmick wrote:It seems to me that far from the "moaners" overreacting, it's people who are springing to the defense of anything criticised whoa re getting themselves all worked up. I haven't seen anybody saying the manager should be sacked, or the team should be sold. A few people have ventured the opinion that they are now coming to the conclusion that we won't win the title, but that's hardly an over-reaction surely?

If we don't win the title, we'll all come to that conclusion sooner or later. Some will go for the "it's still mathematically possible" angle as they do every year, while for others if we fall eight or ten points behind either or both of the Mancs or Chelsea, they'll realise it's most unlikely we'll come back from there. For my part, I was of the opinion that we were and are well and truly involved in the title race once we'd won at Chelsea, and I think we still are. This one result doesn't change that, but it does make it more unlikely that we'll win it. How much more unlikely is a moot point, but each time you fail to beat lesser opposition at Home, you know you are making that mountain which you'll need to climb ever steeper. A couple more results like the one today, and IMHO we'll be gone for all money. Already should Chelsea win tomorrow we'll be two points back, and a defeat at the Emirates would leave us if not quite needing snookers, at least under severe pressure.

Games like the Hull at home, Stoke at Home, West Ham at Home, Fulham at Home are the ones where you build up your insurance policy. These are the games in which you need to be taking 10 points out of 12, not 4. My opinion is that given the fact we had 31 million quids worth of strikers on the bench (not my valuation, Rafa's) and we needed a winning goal, we should have brought at least one of them on to play up front. Football's a simpler game than it's made out sometimes.

Yup I agree mate.
Something has gone on between Keane and Rafa because it makes no sence. We seemed to drop the tempo in the second half which was disappointing had there not been halftime time I think we would have put another 2 past them easy, the first half was very entertaining if nothing else.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:51 pm

RedEire wrote:Haven't had a chance to go through all the posts so apologies if this is already mentioned - but how was Dossena left on the field for the full game - twice Mendy got past him as if he was not there - the first time a goal was averted by Arbeloa who backheeled the ball away from Barmby just he was about to tap in and the second resulted in Carra's o.g. - meanwhile his defending for the first goal by letting mcShane get above him was very poor.  The reason why it appeared he had a better second half was becuase Mendy was brought back to right back when McShane was taken off and this stopped him from strolling past Dossena.  His actual awareness of where his man is also shocking - 3 or 4 times i noticed him twirling around looking for his man and in doing so completely lose the flight of the ball.  How he remains on the pitch is beyond me.
As for Keane - feel sorry for him.  Kuyt for all his work is not good enough and if he has to play should be out wide and Keane should be played in the box - it is an insult to put El Zhar on ahead of Keane - simple as that.  Yes Keane has struggled this season but the simple question is this - Is El Zhar/Ngog better player than Keane???
Gerrard did well to score twice but his overall play today was very poor, I thought.  He passing was sloppy and first touch was missing.
Masch is struggling for form at the moment, like Keane, yet is given plenty of game time.  Benayoun is not good enough to play for LFC.  Riera has gone of the boil at the moment after a whirlwind of a start - perhaps he needs to rested.
Arbeloa is beginning to show that he has the ability and is becoming like Finnan - doing his job and putting in consistent performances - well done lad, as I was one of his biggest critics last year.

Great post. I agree with every word of this apart from the part about Riera going off the boil and Kuyt. Riera could have grabbed us the winner today on a few occasions, and his goal mid-week was something else. He could use a rest, yeah, but who would you play instead? Babel? His starting performances have been dire to say the least, but it's an option. As for Dirk, well I don't really care what anyone says, but every team needs a player to do the ugly work and do it for a full 90+. If you have someone who can defend as far up as the opposition's box when we don't have the ball, well that's a good thing IMO, as most class sides have their work horses. I'm not defending Dirk's ability as a player, which can be argued as not being good enough for us - and I certainly wouldn't disagree - but the fella does his fair share for the good of the team, and for that I just cannot slate him in any way whatsoever. Far too many primadonna's in the game, and Kuyt is a sobering reminder of how players used to be before money grabbed the game by the bollox.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion