LIVERPOOL VS HULL CITY - Saturday 13th december 15.00pm ko.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alex G. » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:48 pm

It´s funny you should say that Rafa to blame for not put Keane on the pitch. One player that has scored 4 goals in 27 matches.
I don´t wanna be Mr. Negative, but we must be objective. Our problem is not the tactics, not the game system,ect.
The problem is the quality, the :censored: QUALITY. The quality to controll a ball just 8 foots in front of the goal and score as Kuyt didn´t twice.
The quality of a fullback to beat his man, as Arbeloa and Dossena never do. The quality to cross well from the wings, as Benayoun, Arbeloa, Riera and Babel never do.
Now go on with your complacency and attribute the three consecutive draws at home to the "RAFA´S TACTICS".
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby eonerf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:06 pm

IMO Agger and Insua should have played instead of Dossena and Hyypia. tbh I don't mind that Hyypia played but we would have needed someone more reliable than Dossena should have played to help cover Hyypia's lack of pace.
eonerf

Postby Scottbot » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Toffeehater wrote:I disagree on arbeloa being on of the better performers  You must be watching a very different game from me than . He's crossing was poor , neither of his crosses actually found a man . His general attacking play was poor His overlap play was decent but has a right back , crossing has to be one of your best strengths , arbeloa does not have that, defensively , he was sound and well done to him in that department

He certainly failed to beat the front-man on quite a few occasions and when he did get a decent cross in, Turner was there to deal with them. Arbeloa played quite well for me (and has been all season) and has been one of our most consistent performers this season, he's a somewhat limited player, but he's hard working, tough tackling and offers as much as he can going forward.

To be honest, we were never gonna win the game by getting it wide and crossing the ball yesterday. We've got no big man in the side to rough defenders up and cause that bit of (Drogba style) panic in the box and we missed the clever movement of Torres (Keane could have provided it) to offer something at the near post.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:49 pm

west ham scored .........
i think few ppl in here need to take a "captivity of negativity " pill :D
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:54 pm

eonerf wrote:IMO Agger and Insua should have played instead of Dossena and Hyypia. tbh I don't mind that Hyypia played but we would have needed someone more reliable than Dossena should have played to help cover Hyypia's lack of pace.

Rafa has to play Dossena to establish whether he is going to make it or not, he has to give the lad a chance which is why he bought him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Now i think the question remains, are chelseas title hopes over?

Drawing at home, I think they've bottled it now.

:laugh:

Ave it you moaning t.wats!
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby tonyeh » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Jesus H Christ...

Part 2 of the get out jail hopefest is complete!!!!

The Hammers drew (they could have won!)

I'm beginning to think the devil told Ferguson to feck off and approached Rafa instead.

Really the old "jam tart" can't take much more of this.

:)
tonyeh

Postby Scottbot » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:01 pm

You have to admit he can be a lucky manager sometimes can't he! The top four all draw for the 2nd time in 3 matches. It's madness! To think we almost extended our lead at the top  :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Alex G. wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Spurs have done us a huge favour . The mancs drop points , we maintain our 6 point lead , hopefully chelsea drop as well

Chelsea will destroy West ham tomorrow.

ha ha! keep up the great score predictions mate  :D

we are still top - never stop believing!!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:06 pm

I also thought they would so for me this makes the result even more sweeter.

Any one who thinks this could have happen today is a dreamer.

But i am happy.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:10 pm

Watched the game from start to finish and i think Carlton Coe and Bellamy did a great job up top with Cole using strength to hold the ball up and bellamy with his blinding pace!
Parker played very well aswel in m opinion.

Nice one you Irons :D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:20 pm

I was unable to watch the game yesterday and didn't know who Rafa had in the side until just a little while ago. From todays newspaper reports,  I see that Keane wasn't in the side. Can anyone provide a definative explaination as to why Rafa chose not to play Keane.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RedBen » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:21 pm

Who cares about Owen? Bring back Bellamy!! :D
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby europian-kings » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:32 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:I was unable to watch the game yesterday and didn't know who Rafa had in the side until just a little while ago. From todays newspaper reports,  I see that Keane wasn't in the side. Can anyone provide a definative explaination as to why Rafa chose not to play Keane.

I don't think there is one mate.

we can only guess what Rafa has in mind.

Some agree with his choice to keep him on the bench and others feel he should have came on at some point or even started.

Rafa has said that keane will not be leaving in January but it will be interesting to see what happens if Tottenham come knocking on the door wanting him back.

Only time will tell...
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:33 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:Can anyone provide a definative explaination as to why Rafa chose not to play Keane.

In a word, no.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion