LIVERPOOL VS HULL CITY - Saturday 13th december 15.00pm ko.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:26 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think Babel should start for us on the right.

I think Gerrard should start for us on the right, but it will be Dirky Boy and to be perfectly honest I don't really mind. Yes he offers very little in terms of attacking fluency, link up play, positional awareness, vision, passing etc etc, but he does run around a lot and he does score the odd goal.

Blokes who score the odd goal are a bit thin on the ground for us at the moment, so if we aren't going to play Gerrard on the right (in which case I'd play Kuyt up top), I'd play Kuyt wide right.

Babel for me is no more of a right midfielder than he is a left. He is either a striker or nothing as far as I'm concerned, we should tell him as much, then bring him on as sub in a few games and ask him to stake a claim. As it is, he is a little over fond of DJ'ing and making silly backhanded "victory" signs with his fingers in photographs for my liking. He needs to pull his finger well and truly out of his ersehole and decide what he wants to do with his life. If he comes to the conclusion that he wants to become a striker, really wants it I mean, then we should give him the opportunity to demonstrate as much, as a sub.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:36 pm

but he does run around a lot and he does score the odd goal.

:laugh:

Not only does he run around alot, he wont go missing either which is important at a time like this and considering the opposition. He wont shy away from tackles, he'll get stuck in and wont be as enigimatic as Babel, for all Kuyts downfalls as a footballer you know you'll get a grafter and a worker for the team rather than a player who drifts out of games more often than the Queen Mary drifts out of Ports.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:37 pm

We just need to go for it from the get go. They will do the same, not being a team to sit back, so should be a great open game, which is perfect for us. I think Kuyt Stevie, masher, Alonso and Babel would be a great midfield with robbie up front on his own and stevie given alot of freedom.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:45 pm

we need to give Hull hell right form the start, i dont mind going 0-1 down in the first 10 mins if we them come back with a bit of anger (seems to work for us).

dawson right they are not going to sit back so i will be a open game, just hope Rafa knows what we know.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Bam wrote:
but he does run around a lot and he does score the odd goal.

:laugh:

Not only does he run around alot, he wont go missing either which is important at a time like this and considering the opposition. He wont shy away from tackles, he'll get stuck in and wont be as enigimatic as Babel, for all Kuyts downfalls as a footballer you know you'll get a grafter and a worker for the team rather than a player who drifts out of games more often than the Queen Mary drifts out of Ports.

Totally agree. Now is the time that winning ugly becomes the order of the day, and we've been getting ourselves into a nice little groove practicing the technique. When it comes to winning ugly, I can't think of anyone who I'd rather have in the team than Dirky boy. In those dying seconds, when the crowd is trying to suck the football into the oppositions net and everyone is thinking, "I don't give a feck how we score, I just wish it'd hit someones knee and go in, or they'd mishit a shot, or it'd bounce of their back while they were trying to get out of the way" etc etc, there isn't a player in World football who is more adept in such situations than Kuyt.

Now is not the time for "enigmatic" players, "mercurial" in and out types who might be in the mood and might not. Thoughtful expressions, airs of resignation, calm acceptance that it's not going to be your day with twenty minutes left and the like aren't whats called for at all.

Kuyt sums up what we need right now. If in doubt, run around a lot.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:51 pm

dawson99 wrote:We just need to go for it from the get go. They will do the same, not being a team to sit back, so should be a great open game, which is perfect for us. I think Kuyt Stevie, masher, Alonso and Babel would be a great midfield with robbie up front on his own and stevie given alot of freedom.

Daws I know you have this theory that we don't show enough urgency until the board goes up saying "three minutes added time" and I think you're right. We need to get the tempo up at fizzing point from the get-go, we always look a far better team to me when we play at that speed. If it's still 0-0 after twenty minutes, Hull need to be looking at each saying "feck me we'll never hold out at this rate".

As it is, after 20 minutes teams have usually had the chance to drive the bus into the stadium, perform a three point turn after losing the toss and changing ends, before reversing it carefully and after much intricate manoevreing, get it lined up flush with the two posts.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:54 pm

It's been awhile since I've followed us play and am looking forward to this one. Hotel's not showing the game so will be depending on this thread to keep me clued in. :D

Bloody company laptop doesn't allow video links. :angry: :D
ConnO'var

Postby Bam » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Totally agree. Now is the time that winning ugly becomes the order of the day, and we've been getting ourselves into a nice little groove practicing the technique. When it comes to winning ugly, I can't think of anyone who I'd rather have in the team than Dirky boy. In those dying seconds, when the crowd is trying to suck the football into the oppositions net and everyone is thinking, "I don't give a feck how we score, I just wish it'd hit someones knee and go in, or they'd mishit a shot, or it'd bounce of their back while they were trying to get out of the way" etc etc, there isn't a player in World football who is more adept in such situations than Kuyt

:D

Agreed, I couldnt think of anyone uglier to win us "ugly" matches, the two ceratinly go hand in hand.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:58 pm

where is everyone!!! come on the match is starting soon! go Reds!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:07 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:where is everyone!!! come on the match is starting soon! go Reds!

We're 3 hours away to kick off Max!

People will log on soon..... patience. :D
ConnO'var

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:14 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:where is everyone!!! come on the match is starting soon! go Reds!

i have this habit of logging on 3 hours early and waiting. im just excited  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:37 pm

a chance to put the pressure on the other two so lets hope we dont mess it up this time, Hull have proven themselves to be no mugs so lets get at them from the off.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Dalglish » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:43 pm

ConnO'var wrote:

I won't be here because I'm off to the game ................ It's a dirty job but someones got to do it !  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Dalglish wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:

I won't be here because I'm off to the game ................ It's a dirty job but someones got to do it !  :D

Wish I was there with you, Kenny..... It's been awhile since I was last at Anfield.

Have a good 'un mate.

C'mon You Red Men!!!!!!
ConnO'var

Postby Dalglish » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:00 pm

Thanks ConnO'var .................

It's 11.2 Miles to Anfield from my front door .................

The sacrifices I make for the team having to travel all that way ! :D

I'll belt out YNWA extra loud just for you :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion