LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON - Merseyside derby

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:10 am

Sabre wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Alonso made an awful game against Manchester and I saw recovered his game against Everton

:O

Your biassness is showing.

Perhaps so. Still with my bias I was able to see he did an awful game against Manchester.

I'm still awaiting your *first* praise comment to Alonso of this season, but I guess that's what a balanced view is.  :;):

P.S. For the record I didn't say he was great, and I only recall a couple of "hollywood" passes, just happy with some of the stuff he did without the ball (helped the fullbacks, made covesrs, won he tackle in the first goal after failing a volley), and that he had to do something with our good first half. Not great like Gerrard, but recovered from an awful game.

in fairness to BM alonso did get caught in possession on a couple of occasions and had the ball taken from him, although overall he didnt do too badly, still not the alonso of old though
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:48 am

peewee wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Alonso made an awful game against Manchester and I saw recovered his game against Everton

Perhaps so. Still with my bias I was able to see he did an awful game against Manchester.

I'm still awaiting your *first* praise comment to Alonso of this season, but I guess that's what a balanced view is.  :;):

P.S. For the record I didn't say he was great, and I only recall a couple of "hollywood" passes, just happy with some of the stuff he did without the ball (helped the fullbacks, made covesrs, won he tackle in the first goal after failing a volley), and that he had to do something with our good first half. Not great like Gerrard, but recovered from an awful game.

in fairness to BM alonso did get caught in possession on a couple of occasions and had the ball taken from him, although overall he didnt do too badly, still not the alonso of old though

I saw Xabi getting stuck in, something hes picked up from Mascha  :D  I saw him covering the fullbacks, which was really good.

But thats marred by the fact he is supposed to be " one of the best passers" in modern day football. His off the ball work was good, but his passing is letting him down, he is still to slow on the ball for me.

After all this is what Momo got critised for, he could hussle and bustle until the cows came home, but couldnt pass for s.hit. While Xabi is picking up the 'off the ball stuff' from Mascha, hes also picked up Momos skills on the ball.
66-1112520797

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:19 am

Bamaga man wrote:
peewee wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

I saw Xabi getting stuck in, something hes picked up from Mascha  :D  I saw him covering the fullbacks, which was really good.

But thats marred by the fact he is supposed to be " one of the best passers" in modern day football. His off the ball work was good, but his passing is letting him down, he is still to slow on the ball for me.

After all this is what Momo got critised for, he could hussle and bustle until the cows came home, but couldnt pass for s.hit. While Xabi is picking up the 'off the ball stuff' from Mascha, hes also picked up Momos skills on the ball.

:nod
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:20 am

The_Rock wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
The_Rock wrote:well tbh , so does your opinion matter to anyone else as it prob change after every game of every player . u just follow where the wind blows u are so fickle minded , and prob the biggiest hypocrite . why do i say that? Earliar this season u were bashing babel saying he's :censored: and not the problem to our left wing problems , when he has done better as of late and after the bolton game u were saying wow babel is good , i'm a huge babel fan , then u find another scapegoat whihc is kuyt and start slagging him off ,  :no

fecking bu!! :censored: , fans like you ,

You have been here for less than a year and you think you can badmouth me ?

Know your role..........

I haven't picked a fight with u and you seem intend to stalk my posts....

I still stand by my opinion that babel is not good in the LW....I have always maintained that....If he continues on the left flank, his career will be affected....

Yes babel had a good game against bolton and i called it like that. What do you expect me to say ? Babel $ucked against bolton even though he had a good game ? Are you delusional ?

I say it as it is.... Kuyt $ucks....babel $ucks on the left wing... And i think you are a huge WUM...

I smell a clone here.... 

firstly its not a matter of when i joined , as long asi have a valid point , keep ur one line wrestler's quotes to yourself.
Secondly , yes you may have said that but even when babel had a good game , you said he sucked , read some of your post earliar this season in the match threads and the same for kuyt , when he was playing well yesterday you could have given credit where it was due like u said when babel had a good game and you gave him credit for that , u could have done that for kuyt , but you did not . Well as for me being a wum , well i think you're the one with qoutes like this , oh i'm not gonna watch this match cos my girlfren promised me a bj or smth like that , or ever since rafa took over i don't look foward to manure games . At least i stick by my team throuigh thick and thin unlike u so who's the wum now  :no

Are you on crack or something ? You mentioned earlier how i praised babel against bolton and now you are saying even when babel had a good game i said he $ucked ? If this isn't a Wind Up....then i am not sure what is .....

In this instance.....i can't win can i ?
And when the F@ck did i say i am a huge babel fan ? I have always maintained that we should have signed drente instead of him...

Like i said....you smell like a clone ..... YOU WUM !!!

Stick to the minor leagues sunshine....you ain't in my league. And you ain't worth my time....

i was saying that last time when babel had a good game also u would still criticise him and recentley u started praising him when its correct and due , secondly u misread me . Read ur comments in the bolton thread , and u  have said that .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:26 am

Sky sports breakin news Police will speak to LFC and EFC regarding an incident with fans whats thats all about

Sorted now i know

Everton angry over Rafa Benitez's derby outburst
By David Maddock  1/04/2008

Everton have launched an angry attack on Rafa Benitez over his inflammatory comments following the Merseyside derby.

They are incensed by the Liverpool manager's suggestion that Toffees fans showed a lack of respect for Anfield skipper Steven Gerrard by singling him out for abuse in terrace chants.

The heated response yesterday is sure to furt her damage relations between the clubs, which is already at an all-time low. At Goodison, there is a degree of disbelief that Benitez could have made the allegations after Liverpool supporters hurled insults at Everton's Joleon Lescott and Phil Neville.

And a spokesman claimed Everton skipper Neville was assaulted by a spectator at Anfield - a matter which has been passed to the police and the FA for investigation.

Last night, Everton rejected Benitez 's comments and questioned his idea of respect when referring to Liverpool's city rivals.

"In calling for Everton supporters to respect his players, Mr Benitez should perhaps remember his comments of 12 months ago," a spokesman said.

"Then he sought to belittle one of world sport's oldest and most respected institutions by describing us as a 'small club'. Respect is a two-way street."

The spokesman added: "While we would never condone the singling out of individual players for vitriolic insults, it is a shame Mr Benitez chose to ignore the actions of his own club's supporters.

"Not only was Joleon Lescott subjected to an afternoon-long barrage of quite disgusting and quite audible abuse, Phil Neville was seemingly spat at several times and was also punched in the back by a supporter as he took a throw in.

"We have asked the police and our safety officer to look into the matter."

Police will probe the complaint and send any report to the FA. Charges could follow if Liverpool are proved to have been negligent.
Last edited by NANNY RED on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jono » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:34 pm

Everton statement

"In calling for Everton supporters to respect his players, Mr Benitez should, perhaps, remember his comments of 12 months ago when he sought to belittle one of world sport's oldest and most respected institutions by describing us as a 'small club'.

"Respect is a two-way street."

:D
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Good to see that comment still pisses them off.

They need to grow up. Massed fans making personal attacks on players is not the same as a manager having a tongue in cheek swipe at a club as Ferguson and Wenger do every week. There is a massive difference but as usual, our chip on the shoulder, bitter, bitter neighbours still revelling in the misery of their defeat, cant see the difference. Homos.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:07 pm

I blame Everton's loss on the Hysel ban :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:10 pm

As for the Alonso debate, after his first season I though he would continue to improve and be the brains of the midfield (no offence to SG) to compliment the brawn of SG.

He seems to have gone back though. :down:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:32 pm

From BBC...

Police probe player abuse claims

Police are to speak to Liverpool and Everton football clubs about allegations that players were abused during the city's derby game.

Officers will probe claims that Everton captain Phil Neville was spat at and punched as he took a throw-in.

Police will also look at reports that other fans chanted comments about the daughter of Liverpool captain and England international Steven Gerrard.

Liverpool beat Everton 1-0 in the match at Anfield on Sunday.

Television cameras appeared to capture Neville being abused by several fans in the second half of the game.

Gerrard also faced an apparent torrent of abuse as he walked to take a corner in front of Everton fans in the second half.

We want to make sure that doesn't happen again at the Merseyside derby or any other game
Ian Ross, Everton spokesman

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: "Police will be speaking to the clubs involved today."

Dave Lewis, the force's football liaison officer, who travels abroad with the teams when they play in Europe, will conduct the discussions.

A spokesman for Liverpool FC was not immediately available for comment.

Prevent contact

Everton spokesman Ian Ross said: "We felt it necessary to try to involve the safety officers and police because we cannot have a situation where supporters are having physical contact with professional footballers during the game.

"We want to make sure that doesn't happen again at the Merseyside derby or any other game."

He added that the club would never condone the singling out of individual players for vitriolic insults.

He also said that Joleon Lescott had been subjected to an afternoon-long barrage of "quite disgusting and quite audible abuse" and that Phil Neville was spat at several times and punched in the back by a supporter.

The match - traditionally one of Europe's most passionate derbies - had been billed as vital in both clubs' race for the Premiership's fourth place.
ivor_the_injun

Postby destro » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:03 pm

What was the song about Carsley ?

I have been listening to this unfold on the radio with supporters of both teams giving their versions of what happened. An Everton supporter rang up and basically said " How would you like it if you knew you are always second best, no matter what we do we never match Liverpool" :laugh:

He went on to say that "It was a great achievement for a club with limited funds to make it in to the champions league and then Liverpool ruined it for him by winning it"

That made me laugh out loud
destro

Postby Feeney » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:58 pm

Just beat them in the Mini Derby as well.......... f*cking get in!!!

RESERVES CLINCH DERBY DOUBLE
Paul Hassall at the Stobart Stadium in Widnes 01 April 2008 
  Liverpool Reserves maintained their charge towards the Barclays Premier Reserve League North title with a hard-fought win over Everton in the mini derby. 
A solitary second-half strike from Dutch forward Jordy Brouwer was enough to secure a 1-0 victory for Gary Ablett's men and ensured they completed their own derby double over the Toffees - just two days after the first team achieved the same feat.

It means the newly crowned Dallas Cup winners will head into next week's double header against Blackburn Rovers and Manchester City knowing that maximum points will be more than enough to confirm their status as champions of the northern division.

But it was hardly vintage stuff against our neighbours, and Ablett will be more than delighted to have come away with three precious points, after his team struggled to impose themselves on a youthful Blues outfit early on.

Indeed, a scrappy opening saw the home side take the game to the league leaders with Emiliano Insua forced to clear from underneath his own crossbar on two minutes before the Argentinean was harshly booked for a late challenge on Eunan O'Kane seconds later.

The Reds needed to instil some composure into their game and after Jordy Brouwer curved a shot from 20-yards just over the bar on 14 minutes they slowly began to dominate the proceedings.

Insua was next to get a sight of goal, bursting into the area and firing a low effort just wide of the far post before Brouwer wasted a golden opportunity when he contrived to head Jermaine Pennant's cross from the right over from eight yards out.

The winger, who was a surprise inclusion in the side, was keen to take on the Everton defence at every opportunity and was unlucky to see his well struck drive superbly stopped by Jamie Jones.

The Reds continued to probe and on 22 minutes they manufactured their best opening of the half.

Ronald Huth superbly intercepted an attempted through ball from O'Kane and sent a raking 40-yard pass to Krisztian Nemeth who looked odds on to score before being brought crashing to the ground by Blues defender John Irving in the penalty area.

Despite loud appeals from the Liverpool players the referee refused to point to the spot and Nemeth was left to rue what might have been.

It was a huge let-off for the home side who were struggling to cope with the quick movement of the Reds' frontline, but they responded in kind and nearly took an undeserved lead moments later when Jack Rodwell screwed his effort well wide after a cross from the right had found him unmarked at the far post.

With half-time approaching the away side twice went close to breaking the deadlock but Jay Spearing's deflected effort looped inches past Jones' right-hand post before Nemeth dragged a shot wide after racing through on goal.

The second period began in similar fashion to the first with neither side able to keep possession long enough to create a chance of serious note.

There seemed to be an air of frustration surrounding Liverpool's play, a fact summed up by Mikel San Jose's caution for kicking the ball away.

With chances at a premium it was essential that the Reds took advantage of any opening that came their way, and after Nemeth had seen his shot well blocked following a driving run and pass from Pennant, the away side finally took the lead.

Stephen Darby was the architect behind the goal, powering to the byline and cutting a low ball across to Brouwer, who ended his own personal goal famine by flicking the ball in at the near post.

It was the highlight of an otherwise dour second period in which Everton offered very little as an attacking force, and had Huth's majestic header from Pennant's free-kick been two inches lower, the margin of victory could well have been greater for Ablett's men.

Everton Reserves: Jones, Densmore, Molyneux, Irving, Dennehy, Harpur, O'Kane, Rodwell, Agard, Morrison (Baxter 69), Connor (Codling 70). Unused subs: Stubhaug, Sinnott, McCarten.

Liverpool Reserves: Martin, Darby, Insua, San Jose, Ronald Huth, Plessis, Pennant (Bruna 77), Spearing (Flynn 81), Brouwer (Simon 70), Nemeth, El Zhar. Unused subs: Gulacsi, Kelly.

Attendance: 3,380

Liverpoolfc.tv man of the match: Stephen Darby. A typically solid display at the back capped by a stylish assist for Brouwer's goal.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:12 pm

destro wrote:What was the song about Carsley ?

I have been listening to this unfold on the radio with supporters of both teams giving their versions of what happened. An Everton supporter rang up and basically said " How would you like it if you knew you are always second best, no matter what we do we never match Liverpool" :laugh:

He went on to say that "It was a great achievement for a club with limited funds to make it in to the champions league and then Liverpool ruined it for him by winning it"

:laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:43 pm

it's a merseyside derby what do people expect. The fans who were singing about Gerrard will be laughing with L'pool fans about it today and those who were "offensive" to Phil Neville will be laughing with Everton fans. It's part and parcel of the merseyside derby.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:09 pm

destro wrote:and basically said " How would you like it if you knew you are always second best, no matter what we do we never match Liverpool" :laugh:

Wasn´t Moyes was it ??   :wwww

How they revel in the misery of defeat.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion