EVERTON vs LIVERPOOL: 27/09 12:45 k.o - The 208th Derby - Match Discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Weekend for Liverpool strikers and ex-strikers - Torres (2 ) Owen, Cisse and Crouch all get a goal.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Kuyt made that goal in Saints sig!
He took two bitters out of play hence giving Torres space! :D
Well he gets blamed for everything else! :p
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Just had a nice kip no more hangover how better could it get
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:34 pm

Number 9 wrote:Kuyt made that goal in Saints sig!

Don't worry Barry, as Badbob eloquently explained the assist is going down on newkit as Kuyts mate......... even though he just tripped over his own feet ! :p

:D
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:35 pm

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Kuyt made that goal in Saints sig!

Don't worry Barry, as Badbob eloquently explained the assist is going down on newkit as Kuyts mate......... even though he just tripped over his own feet ! :p

Good to see the lad get some respect!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:58 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Kuyt yes Dirk Kuyt had one of his best games for Liverpool covered every blade of grass and had some nice touches an got Stuck in. Well played Dirk lad.

Hey Nanny I've seen you praise Kuyt more than 1 time now... I do think that people who actually go to the match would appreciate him more than those who watch it on the tele because of the off the ball work that he does. Is that the case? I just don't understand the amount of criticisms he gets on here... because I can clearly see what he's giving to the team even when I'm always watching the matches on the tele...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Some people are just blind when it comes to kuyt (Not mentioning any names , you all know you are :D ) , when we lose , the first one to get the blame is kuyt even though he might be one of the best performers . When we win , he still gets it . With that said , he was good yesterday , pulled lescott away from torres who ran from deep to score and opened up everton well . Made some nice tackles and interceptions as well and the usual ran his heart out .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:59 pm

I hold my hand up to that. I was gunning him hard after the stoke game but its true sometimes he is guilty of silly things. Luckily for him he is also often at the heart of many good things. Shame he had to feck up at hatrick for Torres. A hatrick away against the bitter would have been brilliant. The new nightmare on Gladys St!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:17 pm

maguskwt wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Kuyt yes Dirk Kuyt had one of his best games for Liverpool covered every blade of grass and had some nice touches an got Stuck in. Well played Dirk lad.

Hey Nanny I've seen you praise Kuyt more than 1 time now... I do think that people who actually go to the match would appreciate him more than those who watch it on the tele because of the off the ball work that he does. Is that the case? I just don't understand the amount of criticisms he gets on here... because I can clearly see what he's giving to the team even when I'm always watching the matches on the tele...

Ill give the lad praise cause he derserves it. Hes no Stevie Heighway running up the wing. But this season and most of last season when hes been out there hes done the job thats been asked of him. Yesterday on a couple of occassions when he did go inside he took defenders away from Torres. An yes he does frustrate me when he can get a perfect take of the ball but then put in a stupid pass an give it away. Which he did do Yesterday.
But when i have praised him the lads deserved it. An your spot on Mags the work he does off the ball immense

:nod
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:29 pm

NANNY how better could it get? Well looks like hicks is about to go bust!! bet the hangover is a distant memory now :D
rafa09

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:33 pm

rafa09 wrote:NANNY how better could it get? Well looks like hicks is about to go bust!! bet the hangover is a distant memory now :D

Its gettin better every day beat the mancs, then the bitters, next big ones the Russian reserves treble on i think :laugh:

Mind you weve gotta beat Spurs because my husbands a Spurs season ticket holder :nod

Theres always murders in my house but im always the winner
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:39 pm

Well nanny how about keane scoring the winner v spurs :cool:
rafa09

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:08 am

All round solid performance from everyone, I didn't think anyone stood out throughout the match. Alonso and Gerrard controlled the midfield completely, Riera gave us an outlet on the left and was pretty good but wasn't all that effective because of poor deliveries and shots. Kuyt was just OK first half without doing much. When he moved central for 20 min's in the second half, his movement caused them problems because they hadn't anticipated him coming inside and linking with Keane, Torres and Gerrard. His movement for the first goal drew Lescott away from the centre, and was part of the reason Torres was able to get in on goal - the other part was that Neville didn't rack his run from deep, and Yobo and Jagielka were ball watching. For the second he drifted infield again and that caught them off-guard, but again I think it was Hibbert who was ball watching and failed to pick up Torres. I thought Keane played reasonably well, mainly running the left channel and looking to create from there. He didn't manage it successfully first half but he did second, with the creative run and creative assist for Torres, then the creative interchange with Kuyt for the second.  :D

Carragher and Skrtel were largely solid, Skrtel had the odd dodgy moment, but nothing major. Reina made a really bad error fumbling Lescott's cross, but at least that's his error out the way for this year.

Dossena, average, neither here nor there.
Arbeloa, better, got forward well and defended well, I think he got caught out once second half but that was about it.

Mike Riley: Shocking performance. Gave too many fouls, got the Reina decision wrong, the Torres disallowed goal decision wrong and the Cahill red card wrong.
LFC2007

Postby LegBarnes » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:10 am

rafa09 wrote:Well nanny how about keane scoring the winner v spurs :cool:

Yeah I said as soon as we bought him he would so I am sticking by my word.  :D
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:15 am

LFC2007 wrote:When he moved central for 20 min's in the second half, his movement caused them problems because they hadn't anticipated him coming inside and linking with Keane, Torres and Gerrard. His movement for the first goal drew Lescott away from the centre, and was part of the reason Torres was able to get in on goal - the other part was that Neville didn't rack his run from deep, and Yobo and Jagielka were ball watching. For the second he drifted infield again and that caught them off-guard

It was one of Rafa's small adjustment that made the difference. Not many saw that. Now this is the credit the boss deserves
whylongball?

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion