LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON - Merseyside derby

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:42 pm

Overall it was a very competent game without being amazing but then Derby games never are.

I for one am happy but I'm already sh1tting myself about the game on Wednesday  :sniffle
heimdall

Postby andy_g » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:00 pm

heimdall wrote:I for one am happy

:O

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:04 pm

andy_g wrote:

It happens occassionally when all the planets are in alignment or something  :wwww
heimdall

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:35 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:yeah
what was chanted other then gerrard's kid not being his....

Probably something to do with Torres being spotted with another man...maybe?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:48 pm

BTW, how was Yakubu not booked for diving in the second half?  He touched the ball on and then went to ground before Hyypia was anywhere near him. I know Howard Webb was taking the low-profile approach to derby officiating but letting that go unpunished was disgraceful. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:51 pm

How was Carsley not given two yellow cards? He committed about half a dozen bookable offences after his booking, just as well it was a decent ref and not SB
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:00 pm

hijjawi wrote:What a funny play by the crowds with Howard Everton's goalkeeper 79'
Click Here for Video

I got the blame for that, the fecker!!!!  :D the Head Steward came down and sat infront of me (I was sitting on the 'play' sign on the Unibet billboard, about 6 seats from the lad who had the ball) and said I had been caught on TV saying this and that and not giving the ball back and that I was getting thrown out!

I had pretty much the same top on as the lad (Liverpool top, white sleeves) and it took about 5 minutes of arguing before that lads arl fella (the fella telling the other steward to feck off) said it was him - he got away with it because he was only a kid! I would have had murder if I had of missed any of the game!

As the Head Steward headed off, some fella shouted 'f*cking kn0bhead' and he got lashed out for that - it was ridiculous!
The lad who threw the ball back to Howard got absolutely peltered by pies, sausage rolls etc cause he threw it back though......  :laugh:  :laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:07 pm

was a great result for us.....torres took his goal well, was kinda nervy performance in the second half but we played really well in the first half. should have scored more but we kept them quiet pretty much throughout the ganme......4th place ain't all tied up yet but was a good step yesterday.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:11 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:

Some of the stewards at Anfield though lately are jobsworths they do your head in One minute its alright to stand up the next minute there telling you to sit down. Does your head in
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:34 pm

Good win. Not a great win, but it was a good win. We were solid and never really looked like conceding. And then when you give Torres one golden chance, he's gonna score, and we're gonna win.

Great assist from Kuyt too!!

What frustrates me.... is the fantasy EPL scoring. Gerrard was motm and his passing was superb today - yet gets 3 fantasy points.

Lucas on the other hand, had a poor game, and also got 3 fantasy points....
Seano Kop

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:24 pm

Hiemdell im gonna be putting in a compo claim against you i fell off me chair and hurt me leg after reading that ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:38 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Alonso made an awful game against Manchester and I saw recovered his game against Everton

Your biassness is showing.

Perhaps so. Still with my bias I was able to see he did an awful game against Manchester.

I'm still awaiting your *first* praise comment to Alonso of this season, but I guess that's what a balanced view is.  :;):

P.S. For the record I didn't say he was great, and I only recall a couple of "hollywood" passes, just happy with some of the stuff he did without the ball (helped the fullbacks, made covesrs, won he tackle in the first goal after failing a volley), and that he had to do something with our good first half. Not great like Gerrard, but recovered from an awful game.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:05 pm

Dalglish, if you're reading, I almost kneecapped myself on the seat on front celebrating the goal yesterday. 

Echoes of 2005... :D

Thoughts on the game.  I haven't saw the highlights and forgot to Sky Plus MOTD as well.  We were beter than them in every department.  Hyypia and Skrtel were faultless (Skrtel leaving Osman on a heap then looking at him like he was dogshit was priceless...)

Kuyt worked really hard, Lucas faded in the second half and I was wondereing why Rafa did not substitute him as he was a passenger in the end.  Gerrard and Tores the difference again.  I'd like to see that volley from Gerrard again which hit the post and the shot with a couple of minutes to go again.

Everton were terrible though.  Absolutely terrible.  They just didn't show up yesterday.  Cannot believe they are as high in the table as they are.
jonnymac1979

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:40 pm

I'm still awaiting your *first* praise comment to Alonso of this season, but I guess that's what a balanced view is.

Obvoiusly you dont read the boards enough as I have praised him recently, in a game or two. Other than that he has had another poor season IMO. And its just impossible to praise a player when their well below par for the majority of the campagn.
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:38 am

Toffeehater wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
The_Rock wrote:well tbh , so does your opinion matter to anyone else as it prob change after every game of every player . u just follow where the wind blows u are so fickle minded , and prob the biggiest hypocrite . why do i say that? Earliar this season u were bashing babel saying he's :censored: and not the problem to our left wing problems , when he has done better as of late and after the bolton game u were saying wow babel is good , i'm a huge babel fan , then u find another scapegoat whihc is kuyt and start slagging him off ,  :no

fecking bu!! :censored: , fans like you ,

You have been here for less than a year and you think you can badmouth me ?

Know your role..........

I haven't picked a fight with u and you seem intend to stalk my posts....

I still stand by my opinion that babel is not good in the LW....I have always maintained that....If he continues on the left flank, his career will be affected....

Yes babel had a good game against bolton and i called it like that. What do you expect me to say ? Babel $ucked against bolton even though he had a good game ? Are you delusional ?

I say it as it is.... Kuyt $ucks....babel $ucks on the left wing... And i think you are a huge WUM...

I smell a clone here.... 

firstly its not a matter of when i joined , as long asi have a valid point , keep ur one line wrestler's quotes to yourself.
Secondly , yes you may have said that but even when babel had a good game , you said he sucked , read some of your post earliar this season in the match threads and the same for kuyt , when he was playing well yesterday you could have given credit where it was due like u said when babel had a good game and you gave him credit for that , u could have done that for kuyt , but you did not . Well as for me being a wum , well i think you're the one with qoutes like this , oh i'm not gonna watch this match cos my girlfren promised me a bj or smth like that , or ever since rafa took over i don't look foward to manure games . At least i stick by my team throuigh thick and thin unlike u so who's the wum now  :no

Are you on crack or something ? You mentioned earlier how i praised babel against bolton and now you are saying even when babel had a good game i said he $ucked ? If this isn't a Wind Up....then i am not sure what is .....

In this instance.....i can't win can i ?
And when the F@ck did i say i am a huge babel fan ? I have always maintained that we should have signed drente instead of him...

Like i said....you smell like a clone ..... YOU WUM !!!

Stick to the minor leagues sunshine....you ain't in my league. And you ain't worth my time....
Last edited by The_Rock on Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion