EVERTON vs LIVERPOOL: 27/09 12:45 k.o - The 208th Derby - Match Discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:56 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Highlights of the game...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6w7aa_everton-v-liverpool_news

thanks mate... had a look at the goals again... and I was more and more impressed by torres' goals... to me the first one was better than the second one... it takes some skill to hit the ball on a volley and at the same time place it between the keeper's legs. Tim Howard didn't make it easy for torres... he spread his body and made himself look big... but torres' finish was as cool and classy as it can get. The second one was given to him on a platter IMO... as the everton defender tackled kuty and the ball fell to him... but he did very well to sell the keeper that he was shooting the far post and actually shot to the near post... the third disallowed goal was a good goal... kuyt was just shrugging off the evertonian klingon because he was all over him... there was nothing to it the shove... and they weren't even interfering with the play... what an angle and speed and finish...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:36 am

Isnt it great to wake up on a Sunday after the team have just beaten the blues at Goodison  :D

First thing i want to say is well played Dirk, i have been critical of him lately and i stick by what i have said, in a 4-4-2 in games against mid to lower league teams he shouldnt play right midfield.
The derby is obviously a different kettle of fish though, you need players that are willing to fight, to stand toe to toe and work for 90 minutes, we know with Kuyt we are guaranteed that.
He wasnt spectacular yesterday by any means but played very well, i agree totally with saint, it was one of his best games for us. Credit where credits due.

Like others i was amazed with the amount of space Everton allowed us in midfield, especially as they had five players there.
I have watched most of there games this season with my step dad who i a blue and they are defending terribly, players ball watching all the time. The same players that were not doing that 2 seasons running, its funny to watch but mystifying.
Alonso and Gerrard totally bossed the midfield, i never once seen Xabi flustered and his passing short and long was spot on. He always seems to step un in the derbies.
First half we looked really short om ideas in the final third, the movement was poor as was the decision making.
Fortunately second half we really upped the anti and the goal seemed only a matter of time.
Torres's finishing was superb, the last one top drawer...reminded me a bit of Van Nistelrooy.
Made up for Nando as he was clearly getting a bit frustrated, but his confidence will be booming now.
The centre backs were solid throughout bar a couple of anxious moments from crosses but in a derby i will take that deffo.

Now to eastlands, lets see whether city will actually try and play against us this season, as last year they were the most negative i have ever seen a home side when we drew 0-0.

Well in Rafa by the way for picking the same team.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:44 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:Is that midget reprobate available for them? Need to be a little careful around set pieces if he is.... he maybe a an irritating little tw@t but he can be a threat when it comes to those. We need to be a little wary of him.

everton has a midget in their team?

Sorry for the late reply maypax....... just saw it.

Aussie midget reprobate = the fella who got himself red-carded yesterday = the same tw@t who thought that he was in the WWF when he put Xabi in a neck lock the last time we lost at Goodison.
ConnO'var

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:06 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:Is that midget reprobate available for them? Need to be a little careful around set pieces if he is.... he maybe a an irritating little tw@t but he can be a threat when it comes to those. We need to be a little wary of him.

everton has a midget in their team?

Sorry for the late reply maypax....... just saw it.

Aussie midget reprobate = the fella who got himself red-carded yesterday = the same tw@t who thought that he was in the WWF when he put Xabi in a neck lock the last time we lost at Goodison.

What a tw@t he is, he and his friend Arteta :no
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Arterta got his mate booked , Alonso . Grade A :censored:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:08 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Well in Rafa by the way for picking the same team.

:D the anti-rotationists must be struggling to bash the boss - has Rafa been victim of the 'body snatchers'   :alien:  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:16 pm

zarababe wrote:

:D the anti-rotationists must be struggling to bash the boss - has Rafa been victim of the 'body snatchers'   :alien:  :D

sack rafa, bring in fat sam yeeeh :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:22 pm

Awesome result......Hope this result helps eversh1t to get relegated this season....  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:30 pm

metalhead wrote:
zarababe wrote:

sack rafa, bring in fat sam yeeeh :D

Yeh - get Rafa the Alien  :alien: oooout and bring in Chewing- gum Sam Yehhhh ! Quick before the toon have him back  :pirate
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:32 pm

Im back an oh what a lovley day got a whopper of a hangover but all fair in love an war

Sat in there end yesterday  :laugh: got a bit of abuse when i shouted that Arteta was a cheating bas.stard when he started waving his hand for a card. But no worries i give it back. Oh how they must have regretted singin who the :censored: are you to Torres  :laugh: When he scored i said to some gobs.ite sitting behind me You :censored: know who is is now lad :laugh:

Typical first half Derby were we out played them off the park an they dived everywhere. So Gerrards a sh.ithouse they sang for not taking a corner well he wasnt a sh.ithouse in the middle of the park he ran the middfield like a general outstanding display from Stevie yesterday.

Kuyt yes Dirk Kuyt had one of his best games for Liverpool covered every blade of grass and had some nice touches an got Stuck in. Well played Dirk lad.

I thought Arby played well yesterday solid performance from him again. And i think the lads coming on leaps an bounds goes a bit unnoticed imo and doesnt get the credit he deserves.

Torres nothing to say about him exept he got a cob on an showed how magical he was again.

Was it all nice an friendly here yesterday nothin to complain about :laugh:

My lads not talkin to me. Well until he wants a few bob that is which will be in about 6 hours time.

Got to say aswell my Xabi played well  :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:39 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Im back an oh what a lovley day got a whopper of a hangover but all fair in love an war

Sat in there end yesterday  :laugh: got a bit of abuse when i shouted that Arteta was a cheating bas.stard when he started waving his hand for a card. But no worries i give it back. Oh how they must have regretted singin who the :censored: are you to Torres  :laugh: When he scored i said to some gobs.ite sitting behind me You :censored: know who is is now lad :laugh:

Typical first half Derby were we out played them off the park an they dived everywhere. So Gerrards a sh.ithouse they sang for not taking a corner well he wasnt a sh.ithouse in the middle of the park he ran the middfield like a general outstanding display from Stevie yesterday.

Kuyt yes Dirk Kuyt had one of his best games for Liverpool covered every blade of grass and had some nice touches an got Stuck in. Well played Dirk lad.

I thought Arby played well yesterday solid performance from him again. And i think the lads coming on leaps an bounds goes a bit unnoticed imo and doesnt get the credit he deserves.

Torres nothing to say about him exept he got a cob on an showed how magical he was again.

Was it all nice an friendly here yesterday nothin to complain about :laugh:

My lads not talkin to me. Well until he wants a few bob that is which will be in about 6 hours time.

Got to say aswell my Xabi played well  :nod

:buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:45 pm

some of the bitters are blaming riley for the game :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:46 pm

BTW...i think Arbeloa was the MOM yesterday (my opinion)....He actually made Kuyt look good...  :p

He was steady and was attacking up and down the flank. Hope he continues with this display.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:59 pm

I think the only person who failed to impress yesterday was Dossena. Id like to see him getting forward more.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:42 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think the only person who failed to impress yesterday was Dossena. Id like to see him getting forward more.

He actually got forward quite a bit yesterday...it's just that Keane falled to spot his run and feed him the ball in space some half dozen times!  :suspect:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion