Liverpool v Besiktas (06/11/07) KO 7:45pm - All the build up and team speculation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:09 am

peewee wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Reds to win 2-0
Kuyt first goalscorer
Kewell second

No im not having a laugh . Whats the odds

you are having a laugh    :D

kuyt shouldnt even be allowed in the stadium let alone get on the pitch.

dirk kuyt, the only spectator allowed to run on the pitch during the game    :D

:laugh:
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:31 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:If we get knocked out, meh fook it.

We'll win the UEFA Cup.

As long as we something at least.

In Champions League season 05/06 Man Utd finished bottom of their group and didn't even qualify for the UEFA Cup.

If we get knocked out I dont wana be in the Uefa Cup  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:50 am

one thing though, by my reckoning we could hammer besiktas 4 nil tonight, and then we will get loads of posts about how we will qualify -

people: one game at a time ok
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:49 am

ImageImage

What it REALLY MEANS if we don't qualify.

I was surprised that Chelsea got more revenue for getting to the semi's than we did for making the final due to their domestic league position
account deleted by request

Postby shane1 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:50 am

I see a win tonight, but if we don't qualify I'd rather not play in the UEFA cup.

Oh and I hope we don't risk Torres tonight, surly our strike force can see us past.
Last edited by shane1 on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
shane1

Postby mungi » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:33 am

this champs league run in is made for stevie g. cmon stevie makes us proud!!!!!!!!!
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Avi Cohen » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:46 am

I've a feeling tonight will be the turning point in our season. I can feel it. Besiktas are in a for a tonking.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby mistyred » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:11 pm

Kind of wary about this game TBH, i want us to send out9 a message to everyone by tearing them a new ar$e tonight and give ourselfes a push for the rest of season, BUT i was watching SSNthis morning and Carra said if we can't win hopefully we can do well in the Uefa cup  ??? is this taking pressure of the manager or is this a mind state of the players, especially one of the most senior players.

Anyway good luck for tonight lads, UP THE REDMEN!!!!!
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:14 pm

s@int wrote:ImageImage

I was surprised that Chelsea got more revenue for getting to the semi's than we did for making the final due to their domestic league position

Some difference in money there!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Dundalk wrote:
s@int wrote:ImageImage

Some difference in money there!!

Would rather finish bottom than play in the UEFA cup.
puroresu

Postby Big Niall » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:25 pm

I don't like Rafa talking about us getting knocked out not being a big deal.

first of all, it sounds like he is trying to lessen the pressure on him if we do get knocked out-which lacks confidence and secondly he was quoted as saying that losing 10m wouldnt' be a big deal.

I'm getting bad vibes re his confidence.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Big Niall wrote:I don't like Rafa talking about us getting knocked out not being a big deal.

first of all, it sounds like he is trying to lessen the pressure on him if we do get knocked out-which lacks confidence and secondly he was quoted as saying that losing 10m wouldnt' be a big deal.

Has he said "if we get knocked out we can concentrate on the league" ? Maybe he's aiming at winning the League or FA Cup to save his skin.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:40 pm

Big Niall wrote:I don't like Rafa talking about us getting knocked out not being a big deal.

trying to ease the pressure of himself.  There is no excuse for going out in the 1st round.  That is failure!!!
puroresu

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:42 pm

The thing about the Champions League money that the wannabeinit clubs don't realise is that they might make the last 16 and get a fair wad of cash, but the strain of being in the competition will screw their league form and strain their squad so they'll probably end up losing nearly as much through league positions (£500k per position is it?)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:45 pm

Owzat wrote:The thing about the Champions League money that the wannabeinit clubs don't realise is that they might make the last 16 and get a fair wad of cash, but the strain of being in the competition will screw their league form and strain their squad so they'll probably end up losing nearly as much through league positions (£500k per position is it?)

Agreed, look at united last year, got beat in hte Semis and their league position was down the swanny.

Hold on .......
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion