How long does it take to build a team? - How much would a team cost?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Didier Drogba » Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:06 pm

And Supercup against Bayern-Munich.
Didier Drogba

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:02 pm

Sorry to differ, but houllier is not a great manager, he mayby a great technican, and director of french football?..but he will never be good enough to bring us what we crave for the most, the league championship!! ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redstorm » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:16 am

i doubt he will even do it in three years time :angry:
the best is yet to come..
redstorm

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:25 pm

Didier Drogba wrote:And Supercup against Bayern-Munich.

"Trophy" - LMFAO. How can a one-off exhibition match have a credible trophy?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:16 pm

With  Le" frog...never!! :(
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:29 pm

How long is a piece of string
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:12 pm

The sadest part of the £120m is that most of the players were bought for "potential" and by the time comes along when we realise there  was no potential we've paid them another £50million in wages. There were , and still are, players in the reserves as good as anything that GH has bought but this internal battle within the club ruins their futures.
Our best players - the ones making a difference - cost nothing.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:11 am

too f##kin right.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:27 am

Hey, that  Supercup was my kids first Liverpool match.He still talks about it.It was a competitive match between the winners of the European cup and the Uefa cup,certainly not an exhibition match.Teams like Madrid and AC Milan display the Super cup right beside the European cups.We should be proud of our European trophies just like them.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:48 am

Houllier is a great administrator or technical director. His foundation work at the French Football Academy has created the likes of Henry and Trezeguet, but sadly the reality of it is that is as far as it goes. He simply does not have what it takes to lead the men that extra mile required to reach glory as has been the case previously with the French national team during his spell in charge.
This case will be the same for Liverpool. He has built a moders youth academy at Liverpool and the results will only be seen perhaps 5 years from now but as for the senior squad, be it next season or further into the future, Houllier will continue to struggle. Houllier has improved Liverpool's focus on and off the pitch but tactically we have regressed inspite of the quality of players we have now.
Should Liverpool let him continue? If he does, we will still play the way we have been playing in the foreseeable future and will likely remain in the shadows of Manure and Arsenal and also Chelski.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:24 am

greenred wrote:Hey, that  Supercup was my kids first Liverpool match.He still talks about it.It was a competitive match between the winners of the European cup and the Uefa cup,certainly not an exhibition match.Teams like Madrid and AC Milan display the Super cup right beside the European cups.We should be proud of our European trophies just like them.

No one-off match should carry a trophy. It is no more a proper trophy than the Charity Shield, you have to have won proper trophy to be in either of these one-off matches (except when a team wins both the FA Cup and League)

Whether it was a good match or not is irrelevant, it is a "trophy" that can only be won by winning a real competition (FA Cup, League Title, UEFA Cup or European Cup)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:48 pm

If we are in the Super cup final then we should win it. Thats the Shankly/Liverpool attitude: win everything going and concede nothing to the opposition.

However, a Super cup win on its own is not something worth shouting about.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:33 pm

Of course it is because you have to acheive something outstanding to get there. :)
115-1073096938

Postby sinema » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:16 am

Whoever is our manager next season, their first move should be to appoint Stu as assistant manager.  His unrivalled knowledge, tactical acumen and disregard of lesser mortals' opinions will be invaluable in our quest to regain our former glory.  You may not all agree, but to paraphrase Stu - you are all wrong, I am right.  ALWAYS.   Or not.
sinema

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:32 am

Paisley once said the Charity Shield was easy to win but a bugger to qualify for so dumbing down the Super Cup doesn't wash with me , that Super Cup was the crowning glory on a unique season where an English Club won 3 Cups in 1 season (Unique), 5 if you include the Super Cup and Charity Shield. Houlliers show is all but over and I for one will be sad when he departs. The dream has died but give the man credit for nearly dying trying !!!!! Its FACT he inherited a bunch of journeymen, Macca who has Spanish aspirations and Fowler ,the flawed genius. I used to watch albeit exciting games back then but in your heart you just KNEW they simply weren't up to the required standard. What GH has given LFC is belief and an expectation that we could challenge for the Holy Grail, we didn't get so upset 90-96 cos we KNEW we weren't good enough but i honestly believe we are , just a pity that GH doesn't seem to be able to motivate his players any longer.

So whats the answer ? (Original Post Subject)

I'd allow Owen to go for hopefully 15-20 million, buy Kanute, Carlton Cole and The Centre back at Forest and Appoint Curbishley as LFC Manager. I'd offload Diouf, Diao, Heskey, Biscan and Smicer for what we can get.

walk On ........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion