Liverpool v besiktas match fixing - To be investigated.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:58 am

So we wollaped them 8-0 and we are being probed by that tw@t Platini again?
Arsenal won 7-0 the week before all we here is how great Arsenal was and Man U battered Roma 7-0 the season before all we heard was how wonderful they was.
Now we won 8-0 and its fixed ?
Can someone explain this please?
Do me a favour Plantini investigate what goes on in Italy where fans are being killed on a weekly bases instead of pursuing your witch hunt with our club.

Unbelieveable.

Liverpool's 8-0 hammering of Besiktas investigated by UEFA as part of match-fixing scandal
4th December 2007

Liverpool have been dragged into the match-fixing scandal that has rocked European football.

There are reports that the 8-0 Champions League win over Besiktas last month is considered suspicious because of irregular betting patterns. UEFA officials refused to confirm or deny the allegations.

Only last weekend UEFA president Michel Platini said the 'criminal phenomena' in sport had become a 'big problem' after confirming that the European governing body were looking into matches in Eastern Europe that may have been fixed by gangster-run betting syndicates.

UEFA are working with Europol, the pan-European police force. Platini plans to hold a conference with From Back Page European Commission vice-president Franco Frattini to look at moneylaundering, match-fixing and illegal betting in football.

William Gaillard, UEFA's director of communications, said last night that an InterToto Cup game between Makedonija and Cherno More in July was the only game being officially investigated. Others were simply considered suspicious because of irregular betting patterns.

One look at Liverpool's group is enough to raise concern.

Besiktas have a goal difference of minus nine — compared to Liverpool's of plus nine — but go into next week's final game against Porto still able to qualify ahead of the 2005 champions.

After losing 8-0 at Anfield on November 6, with Yossi Benayoun scoring a hattrick, players and staff from the Turkish club said how 'ashamed' they were.

Investigators for Sueddeutsche Zeitung, a Munich daily, claim that there was 'frenzied betting on a high-score victory' prior to the game. UEFA have made no contact with Liverpool and last night officials at Anfield said they could not comment because they had no knowledge of any controversy.

But reports in Germany suggest that  Besiktas players, on a fraction of the salaries earned by Liverpool stars, could have been targeted by Asian betting syndicates.

"At this stage I can neither confirm nor deny the reports," Gaillard told Sportsmail. "There has to be a certain amount of confidentiality with these things because we could risk a source of information drying up."

Meanwhile, Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez may rest defender Jamie Carragher against Reading on Saturday ahead of crucial meetings with Marseille and Manchester United.

Carragher is still feeling the effects of a rib injury, and is also a booking away from missing the date with United on Sunday week. He seems certain to be held in reserve for Tuesday's Champions League group decider in Marseille.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages....ox&ct=5
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:04 am

WTF ?!!!!! :angry:   fecking crazy.... so the scum and gooners can win big without question but when it comes to us it's a match fixing  scandal?  Unbelievable indeed.... double standard...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:09 am

it appears the allegation is not against us but against besiktas so we would be in the clear anyway, its just a kick in the teeth to win by so many for that idiot to question it
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:16 am

peewee wrote:it appears the allegation is not against us but against besiktas so we would be in the clear anyway, its just a kick in the teeth to win by so many for that idiot to question it

Thats my point thought them other tw@ts played Roma off the park and fuck all said about them.

Its not just platini though its all the media we have been really impressive latelty yet to be beat in the league so all these teams we have beat are rubbish but if Arsenal or man U beat them they are great and wonderfull Toulouse were beaten 4-0 but they were cr@p Derby were beaten 6-0 but they were Cr@p Besiktas were beaten 8-0  they were also cr@p along with Porto, Newcastle and Bolton all cr@p.
How about we make them look cr@p did that ever enter any of these fuers heads?

Ok Derby are cr@p :D

But you see what I mean anyway fuck them let them write us off it suited us fine in the CL 2005.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:24 am

We are probably the most hated club in Europe.  Just when we start to look really good these negative stories pop up.  I think that everyone has seen just how much potential our team has and they are afraid.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Lucky » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:48 am

peewee wrote:it appears the allegation is not against us but against besiktas so we would be in the clear anyway, its just a kick in the teeth to win by so many for that idiot to question it

Agreed with peewee here.

But out of curiosity, what would happen if a match was proved to be fixed? What the governing body would do about it? ???
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:59 am

Lucky wrote:But out of curiosity, what would happen if a match was proved to be fixed? What the governing body would do about it? ???

I dont know probably ban Besiktas?

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:06 am

Not a big loss then :oops:
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:29 am

These are all BS ... We must all stay in focus and must win in our last match.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby lio » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:39 am

Well well here we go again ... those press cr@p.
Might as well instigate the FA for an investigation into the 0-4 Bolton lost last weekend too.
They never lost that margin since the beginning of this season, rite? :D

Agreed, lets focus Reading next.
lio

Postby red37 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:42 am

C.unt - Fact

Reminds me of Danny De Veto - only not nearly as funny (well...he is laughable enough i suppose)

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby josip84 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:01 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:We are probably the most hated club in Europe.  Just when we start to look really good these negative stories pop up.  I think that everyone has seen just how much potential our team has and they are afraid.

Er.......Looks like you're being both paranoid and arrogant.
Paranoid because you think you're the most hated club in Europe. :laugh: which is absolutely nonsense : on the contrary LFC is the one of the most admired ans highly praised clubs all over the world.

Arrogant because you think almost every other club can be scared by LFC. Which is obviously not the case. LFC is respected. Not feared.

The thing is : an amazing increase in bets on an LFC win over Besiktas by a large margin has been observed.
Stop your paranoia : the suspicion is on Besiktas, not on LFC !
josip84

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:09 am

josip84 wrote:Er.......Looks like you're being both paranoid and arrogant.
Paranoid because you think you're the most hated club in Europe. :laugh: which is absolutely nonsense : on the contrary LFC is the one of the most admired ans highly praised clubs all over the world.

So how do you explain Man U and Evertons hatred towards us then?

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby josip84 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:41 am

Ciggy wrote:
josip84 wrote:Er.......Looks like you're being both paranoid and arrogant.

So how do you explain Man U and Evertons hatred towards us then?

Regional and local context of historical sharp rivalry.

Exactly the same as Turin-Milan in Italy, Madrid-Barcelona in Spain, Porto-Lisbon in Portugal, Amsterdam -Rotterdam in Netherlands, Marseille-Lyon-Paris in France etc.

In my opinion LFC has nothing to fear about the current investigation. LFC just did what they had to do : score as many goals as possible.
The suspicion is on Besiktas, clearly.
josip84

Postby dawson99 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:05 am

its a compliment to be hated by other clubs. but to say we are one of the most hated in europe? nah, we are respected for our history and fans singing.... if you ask me. now the mancs on the other hand, now thats hatred lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion