Liverpool v besiktas match fixing - To be investigated.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:14 am

josip84 wrote:Looks like you're being both paranoid and arrogant.
Paranoid because you think you're the most hated club in Europe.

Listen mate this last week has seen stories in the press about Rafa being sacked, Capello and Mourhino have been contacted by Liverpool and now a match fixing scandal because we won 8-0.

Paranoid? To fuckin right.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:30 pm

arsenal  beating slavia prague would never get investigated. arsenal are the greatest football team since brazil 1970 don't you know?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Big Niall » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:35 pm

Beni got a hat trick. it must be a fix :p
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:54 pm

Yet another press article reading to echo any shít that's written about Liverpool. So now a irregular betting pattern, that can be simply provoked because a punter makes an advice is enough to taunt Liverpool's name? Give me a rest, english journos.

THey write the headline, and most people in England (not Liverpool fans) won't even care to read deeper, the damage is done :angry:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:00 pm

I think it would affect our goal difference if Besiktas are found guilty, don't they award the the game to us as a 3-0 result? Alternatively they might just call all games against Besiktas null and void ?
account deleted by request

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:16 pm

The findings of a report like this are not going to come out for weeks so it will not affect us in qualifying.

Why people are comparing this to the arsenal result, or why arsenal dont get the same treatment i dont know - there was no irregular betting in the arsenal match - therefore no investigation. simple as.

If it has happened then it won't affect us in terms of qualifyiing or a victory. it will mearely tarnish the record we now hold for the greatest winning margin in europe.

the match fixing is against them... not us. just leave it be.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:02 pm

I have heard that Big Mick is the one who complained to UEFA, he refused to believe that we could have played with cohesion and fluidity with the rotation that took place.  :D
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:33 pm

josip84- I am not being paranoid or arrogant.  What I mean is that we are obviously the most hated club by the media.  I know in many countries like Italy and Spain we are respected.  But I don"t see much respect from the media.  Every week there is different garbage written in the press about us regardless of the results, and it really annoys me.  I just wish that we would get some recognition for our recent results.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby RedBlood » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:34 pm

its amazing how must bulls.hit can be printed in news papers every single day yet people still take them seriously
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:51 pm

stmichael wrote:arsenal  beating slavia prague would never get investigated. arsenal are the greatest football team since brazil 1970 don't you know?

Surely since the invincibles? (t'is almost an entirely different team)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:53 pm

redtrader74 wrote:I have heard that Big Mick is the one who complained to UEFA, he refused to believe that we could have played with cohesion and fluidity with the rotation that took place.  :D

:laugh: pmsl
account deleted by request

Postby babu » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:30 pm

I am not the sharpest tool on the shed, but can someone explain to me why we are even remotely concerned about this investigation.

As far as i know, the result is not in question, but the margin of the result is...

Apart from the guys in singapore that put huge money on it (point difference), why are we concerned?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:02 pm

I'm not concerned about this at all, it's just annoying that people will now start questioning what was a great win. That, and the fact that our name is dragged into a scandal we've got nothing concrete to do with.
JamCar05

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:45 pm

babu wrote:I am not the sharpest tool on the shed, but can someone explain to me why we are even remotely concerned about this investigation.

As far as i know, the result is not in question, but the margin of the result is...

Apart from the guys in singapore that put huge money on it (point difference), why are we concerned?

Not that you aren't right. You are.

But I'm píssed off because some journos always seize the chance to throw shít against us. Instead of clarifying that it has nothing to do with Liverpool FC and if it exists, the corruption has to do with Besiktas, they start they article this way

"Liverpool have been dragged into the match-fixing scandal that has rocked European football. "

They love it dragging us to problems, discussions between staff members, players leaving, they simply love it.  :no
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:54 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:josip84- I am not being paranoid or arrogant.  What I mean is that we are obviously the most hated club by the media.  I know in many countries like Italy and Spain we are respected.  But I don"t see much respect from the media.  Every week there is different garbage written in the press about us regardless of the results, and it really annoys me.  I just wish that we would get some recognition for our recent results.

Lets be realistic, Italian footie is the one of the most corrupt out there, remember the scandles last year involving the club that beat us in the CL final.... so its perfectly feasible that the Turks, Greeks and others are at it as well.

Knocking on Liverpool´s door would be plain stupid and I dont think for a moment there is even an ounce of suspicion. If they want to find corruption - they know where to go look for it and it aint at Anfield.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion