FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL (Sat 19th April 3pm K.O.) - Discussion and team speculation etc here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:33 pm

A good result with the 'B' team against a spirited Fulham side.

3 points in the bag and 4tf place looking pretty solid.

Roll on Tuesday night
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:35 pm

Dundalk wrote:against a spirited Fulham side.

For a side facing relegation and who had been given a sniff of hope last weekend, they seemed very flat, IMO.  They just crumpled after Pennant's goal and seemed to go through the motions.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Feeney » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:41 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

For a side facing relegation and who had been given a sniff of hope last weekend, they seemed very flat, IMO.  They just crumpled after Pennant's goal and seemed to go through the motions.

I agree - no fight, no verve, too much lay down and die attitude, although certain individuals such as Dempsey and McBride did try to salvage a team that appears to be already relegated.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:43 pm

Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

I agree - no fight, no verve, too much lay down and die attitude, although certain individuals such as Dempsey and McBride did try to salvage a team that appears to be already relegated.

Yankee gumption, I guess. :D  I thought Murphy had his best game for Liverpool in a few years, though.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Feeney » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:50 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Yankee gumption, I guess.  I thought Murphy had his best game for Liverpool in a few years, though.  :D

:D  :D  Didn't even get onto that. I suppose Keller must buck the trend considering the ease of how the 2 goals went in?  :laugh:

Can't remember the last time I seen Fulham being so weak at home though, wasn't it only a couple of season's ago that they only dropped something like 5 points at home all season?

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:54 pm

Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Yankee gumption, I guess.  I thought Murphy had his best game for Liverpool in a few years, though.  :D

:D  :D  Didn't even get onto that. I suppose Keller must buck the trend considering the ease of how the 2 goals went in?  :laugh:

Can't remember the last time I seen Fulham being so weak at home though, wasn't it only a couple of season's ago that they only dropped something like 5 points at home all season?

Agreed...two soft goals from Keller--although fair play to Pennant for a really good strike.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:00 am

This game jus confirmed my suspicions about Danny Murphy.

Cr*p.

WHy u think he is playing for Fulham? and not a top Europe side.

He is LAZY!

and lacking in ability.

Fact
Torres 2007

Postby Feeney » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:02 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Agreed...two soft goals from Keller--although fair play to Pennant for a really good strike.

Hmmmmm....... really good strike, or just hit it and hope for the best?  ???

Goals from Pennant have been too few and far between for me to honestly say he is a clean striker of the ball - or a clean crosser, for that matter.

Even today, looking at his play - he seen a hell of a lot of the ball today, certainly not gonna take that away from him today. On or off the ball however, he seems to be too lazy to want to make things happen. Pennants main attribute is to take players on to provide threatening balls into crucial area's - made a good couple of crosses today, yes, but how often did we see him take someone on, have a go? Once really, and that was were the goal came in. Maybe needs an arm round the shoulder, but tbh I think Rafa has bigger fish to fry getting a team ready for a CL Semi to bother.

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:14 am

Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

Hmmmmm....... really good strike, or just hit it and hope for the best?  ???

Goals from Pennant have been too few and far between for me to honestly say he is a clean striker of the ball - or a clean crosser, for that matter.

Even today, looking at his play - he seen a hell of a lot of the ball today, certainly not gonna take that away from him today. On or off the ball however, he seems to be too lazy to want to make things happen. Pennants main attribute is to take players on to provide threatening balls into crucial area's - made a good couple of crosses today, yes, but how often did we see him take someone on, have a go? Once really, and that was were the goal came in. Maybe needs an arm round the shoulder, but tbh I think Rafa has bigger fish to fry getting a team ready for a CL Semi to bother.

Was trying to be generous to JP, mate, but can't argue with your analysis. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Feeney » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:19 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Feeney wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:

:D  :D  Didn't even get onto that. I suppose Keller must buck the trend considering the ease of how the 2 goals went in? 

Hmmmmm....... really good strike, or just hit it and hope for the best?

Was trying to be generous to JP, mate, but can't argue with your analysis. :D

Fair do's - guess i've been subconciously itching for an attempt to have a go at him, really.  :laugh:

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:35 am

Feeney wrote:Fair do's - guess i've been subconciously itching for an attempt to have a go at him, really.  :laugh:

Sorry but hes not good enough to play in the first eleven in my opinion teams like Fulham, Wigan and the like are his measure

Ive been doing that since the game finished pickin fault with Pennant :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:39 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Feeney wrote:Fair do's - guess i've been subconciously itching for an attempt to have a go at him, really.  :laugh:

Sorry but hes not good enough to play in the first eleven in my opinion teams like Fulham, Wigan and the like are his measure

:laugh:  :laugh:

I didn't say the last line on my quote, though, where's that come from!!?

He's not our material Nanny, football aside, see him in the papers chatting up some bint (ok, ok, let's be fair, scank-whore) in town, it's not the way is it really?  :no

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:07 am

SupitsJonF wrote:Fu.cking BS!!! According to the new respect campaign, Rooney should have been sent off for arguing with a lineman.  (Ref, linesman, they are both officials.)

Not even a yellow.

Mascherano was sent off because the ref was attrocious, most refs ignore it. Problem is some look to book, others hide from responsibility. No more evident than Blackburn's last two games where Blackburn had god knows how many penalty appeals against and not ONE was given. And there have been what, two yellows in our last two games to either side. That's as many as that idiot Bennett gave Mascherano in the first half.

But then refs give dispensation, they sympathise with the mancs when they are losing, or not getting things all their own way, so they ignore all their blatant abuse of laws. I know Looney didn't make much contact but wasn't that 'challenge' two feet in the air - literally?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:26 am

Bad Bob wrote:

I was expecting a much tougher game, especially given the absence of key players in our starting XI. Pennant struck his shot well but you have to question the keeper who might not have saved it, but could have at least tried to. And Crouch played well, not surprisingly a sign of how much space the opposition gave him and how ordinary they were. How many shots did Reina have to make? I know they won at Reading, but that could just indicate which of the sides will join Derby and Fulham.

That was too easy, good for us as we took a slight gamble and now it will be very difficult for the bitters to take fourth. If only Reading could have got a point at Arsenal to put pressure on them. Pennant MOTM says it all, I just hope the players who did have a good game but wouldn't normally play in the CL first XI don't make Rafa repeat his mistake of the 2nd leg against Arsenal. Crouch may have bossed it over the Fulham defence, but that's not saying much. I have a horrid feeling he may well play some sizeable part in the semi, but his record of 1 goal in 13 against Chelsea should count against him (in terms of inclusion) That was in the mickey mouse Community Shield, I'm surprised the Chelsea defenders' pockets are deep enough to have Crouch proverbially in them.

It will be interesting to see who starts against Birmingham. Crouch does have 2 goals in 4 games against them, although both were in that seven goal FA Cup thumping. I guess Pennant will probably start, might depend how good or bad the 1st leg goes

Interesting on MOTD if anyone saw it, they were comparing this XI with last season when we lost. They were making out last season's was much weaker, but I'd say it wasn't that weak :-

5/5/2007 Fulham (a)

Reina, Arbeloa, PALETTA, Hyypia, INSUA, Pennant, Alonso, Sissoko, Gonzalez, Fowler, Bellamy

I've capitalised the two who would clearly not have been regulars in the first 16, but it looks pretty strong to me. Padelli and Hobbs didn't get off the bench, El Zhar did. Weaker than yesterday's yes, but not that weak that it couldn't win against lower league sides. Probably just too little quality in attack, basically Pennant, Gonzalez and Bellamy are :censored: and them aside it's Fowler and Alonso. I guess they were basing the weakness of the XI on the fact that five have since left.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:26 am

Feeney wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

I didn't say the last line on my quote, though, where's that come from!!?

He's not our material Nanny, football aside, see him in the papers chatting up some bint (ok, ok, let's be fair, scank-whore) in town, it's not the way is it really?  :no

:laugh: that was my quote sorry i must have wrote it under yours by mistake :laugh:

Just been reading Raffas interview im pmsl here what a comment absolute quality

After 0-2 win over Fulham .......

Benitez said: "We have a problem with Sami. He has a knock in the head. He was dizzy so I asked him if he'd seen the third goal! He just looked at me (with a confused look).
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion