Liverpool v besiktas match fixing - To be investigated.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Sabre wrote:But I'm píssed off because some journos always seize the chance to throw shít against us. Instead of clarifying that it has nothing to do with Liverpool FC and if it exists, the corruption has to do with Besiktas, they start they article this way

"Liverpool have been dragged into the match-fixing scandal that has rocked European football. "

Good lad Sab's your now round to our way of thinking :) we arnt paranoid are we :D

see even our Basque resident is onto these media tw@ts.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:36 pm

Platini: Liverpool's Besiktas clash NOT part of UEFA probe
Dec 5 2007

Michel Platini today confirmed that Liverpool’s 8-0 thrashing of Besiktas in the Champions League is not part of UEFA’s investigation into match fixing allegations.

The UEFA president admitted that online betting is becoming a major threat to the game and revealed he personally met with European police and politicians to assist with ’protecting the game’.

Speaking in Dublin today at the official launch of The Football Association of Ireland’s new headquarters at the National Sports Campus, Platini expressed his concern at the vast sums of money bet on European games.

He insisted: “There is nothing in that (Liverpool v Besiktas) no, nothing.

“We have some games under investigation, and one is more important than the other.

“We have some teams but not a huge amount of games. But there is no national association and there are some clubs which come from the Intertoto Cup.”

Platini added: “This is a big danger for football, but we have an early warning system, to protect the game against the amount of money coming from Asia, from betting.

“We are here to protect the game. I went to Brussels six months ago and came back one week ago to ask the European police to take care of the sport because there are so many things we cannot do anything about.

“The violence, the racism, the betting - there are many dangers for our sport so we asked to help.

“I asked the politicians in Europe to help us to protect our game too. But it is very complicated with illegal betting, very complicated to investigate.

“Who is responsible? The president? the club, the referee, the defender, the goalkeeper, the forward? Who can you go to see who is responsible?

“It is very complicated but we need to get a solution with the politicians or police. It is a huge problem with the sport.”

Platini also revealed he has not been approached by the FA in relation to the selection of Steve McClaren’s successor as England boss.

When asked about reported contact with FA chief executive Brian Barwick the former French international added: “No. It didn’t happen?”

The task to appoint a national manager for both the FA and FAI appears to have become more difficult as the temptations and rewards at club level increase.

But Platini, as a former manager of the French national team, believes international management is not a distant second to club management.

He joked: “Who said this, Arsene Wenger?

“If he was the coach of a national team he’d say the opposite.

“National teams are more popular. If you look at the audience of the World Cup or the European Championships - the national teams have bigger audiences than the clubs.

“Remember, I was coach of the national team, not of a club.”

As usual, first they throw the sh!t and than absolve us of blame.
account deleted by request

Postby josip84 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:19 pm

Quite frankly, I think you are not treating Platini as he should be treated. You almost consider him an enemy, I'm sure he isn't. As a President he has constantly claimed he wanted to make the game cleaner and fight against the domination of money in football. Ha has always said that the preponderance of money was killing the game. He is just keeping his promises, doing exactly what he said he would do.Once again, I must say I am sure the suspicion was on Besiktas, not on LFC, as many other forumers pointed out before me. IMHO Platini has started doing a good job for the future of the game of football, and I' m sure all football lovers will have to admit it very soon.
josip84

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:39 pm

Maybe people were placing bets on Liverpool hammering Bessie's Kats because they thought the Reds would surely exact a terrible revenge for our loss in Turkey.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:50 am

Maybe people were placing bets on Liverpool hammering Bessie's Kats because they thought the Reds would surely exact a terrible revenge for our loss in Turkey

I agree with you every time its Bessie Kats like i neva heard of them before the CL .Liverpool are playing at home in Anfield one of the greatest teams of the world so we go beat them 8-0 and all of a sudden its a crime for people to of guessed that a team like liverpool cnt beat bessi kats 8-0 at home .....
holylamb2006

Postby Valbuena » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:26 am

It's unsuspect bet in Asia who have do this history...But we know since Grobelaar that you love bet....
Valbuena

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:43 am

Valbuena wrote:It's unsuspect bet in Asia who have do this history...But we know since Grobelaar that you love bet....

errrr...

anyway I suppose this is water under the bridge now...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:04 pm

wasnt the grobelaar thing thrown out of court? And wasnt it the s~n that set the whole thing up in the 1st place?
burjennio

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:44 pm

The Reading - Liverpool result is a match needed fixing, too late now
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:38 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Lucky wrote:But out of curiosity, what would happen if a match was proved to be fixed? What the governing body would do about it? ???

I dont know probably ban Besiktas?

There is a big possibility that they will reduce our win down to a 1 or 2 nil, killing our goal difference but seeing as its head to head and not goal difference for deciding who goes through it wont be to bad.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion