BESIKTAS v LIVERPOOL CL: 24/10/07 - Build-up/Discussion/Safety advice here:

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:04 pm

The club have issued a statement intended for the safety of Reds supporters travelling to Turkey on the 24th October for the Champions League tie against Besiktas of Istanbul. It reads:

Liverpool Football Club would like to make supporters intending on travelling to watch the Reds take on Besiktas later this month aware of their concerns surrounding facilities at the match venue. 
A travelling party from Anfield recently visited Besiktas' home stadium in Istanbul ahead of the Champions League clash on October 24.
If you're planning on travelling to Turkey for our next away trip in the competition then please note the following imformation.

The visiting supporters area, which is accessed from the rear of the stadium, is enclosed by eight foot high metal fences on three sides with netting above. The view of the pitch from the away enclosure is extremely poor, as seen in these pictures.
The entry point to the stadium is via a single file staircase up to the turnstiles. If you are going to the game then please arrive as early as possible. The stadium will be open two hours before kick-off.

The disabled area for Liverpool fans is at the opposite end of the ground to where the visiting fans will be housed and is situated among the home supporters.
Toilet and refreshment facilities within the stadium are extremely basic.
Liverpool expect to receive 1400 tickets for the match and a selling notice will be released shortly advising the criteria to qualify for a ticket.

Liverpool FC have raised their concerns over the above issues with Besiktas. The first two pictures below illustrate the view from the away end, the third is a shot of the staircase leading to the turnstiles and the final picture is the disabled section among the home support.

BESIKTAS LINK From the offal.

As everybody is painfully aware, these concerns are not considered lightly when they are mentioned by the club. Anybody travelling to Turkey for the game: Maintain vigilance and be aware of your surroundings. Most of all look after yourselves and return home safe and sound.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:50 pm

This must be UEFA enforcing their high standards.

Shower of fecking haddies.
LFC2007

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:02 pm

HMMM...... wonderful facilities. Travel all that way to watch the match from an open air prison cell - FANTASTIC!!!!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:47 am

Shouldn't those spikes on the top bars be facing out rather than in. Afterall they are more likely needed to keep Basiktas fans out rather than away fans off the pitch.

Maybe they should have added a shark filled pool.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:08 am

kazza wrote:Shouldn't those spikes on the top bars be facing out rather than in.

Yeah, but it was probably a Besiktas fan who installed them.

Can't say I envy our supporters who are making the trip. Although I'd go anywhere to see LFC play if I could, I'd probably draw the line somewhere around here. UEFA really nee to pull their fingers out and get grounds like this sorted out and brought up to standard.
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:19 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Image

HMMM...... wonderful facilities. Travel all that way to watch the match from an open air prison cell - FANTASTIC!!!!

I'm suprised UEFA haven't chosen to stage the final there.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:29 am

One more point of advice- Leave yer wives and daughters at home. :glare:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:02 pm

To be honest, LFC would do well to advise fans not to travel if the facilities are like that.

Quite how some of these grounds are deemed fit to host football of any kind, yet alone high profile European games, is completely beyond me.

I'll never do anything but applaud our fans that follow the club at most European nights, but to be honest with you I don't think anyone would begrudge them a night off, home and safe from that pit. That looks more like a zoo enclosure than a section of a football ground.
ivor_the_injun

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:09 pm

I will be going to the game already booked my flight looking at the pictures the stadium seems from the dark ages and yet i dont think it could be any worse than the ali sami yen stadium of Galatasaray that was unbelievable. On thing to be grateful about though is the saftety netting above although it wont stop people peeing on us it will help with the missiles which is what we suffered in the Galatasaray stadium.

Ive spoken to a few Turks down hear and they reckon the Besiktas fans are alright compared to the other two Istanbul teams Fenerbache and Galatasaray and that the Inonu stadium is not all that bad as well
I hope so
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:32 am

Good luck on your trip Nanny Red, hope you come back safe and sound. :D

Fans like you is what makes this club great.  :bowdown
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 pm

Regards going to Turkey as a football fan, just listen to Yazoo - "Don't Go" As a tourist you'll be fine, as a visiting football fan you're simply bait to the knuckle draggers
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:55 pm

Shouldn't the warning read

Besiktas (stay) away
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:46 pm

Thers no :censored: way im gonna let any :censored: put me off from going to see the reds. Ive followed them in europe for 30 years and have been to many worse places than Istanbul. I go to follow the reds not to make trouble.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby R_us » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:10 am

don't be worried about your turkey trip and your seats in inönü.. we feel happy to see all of you in istanbul... if u need help about istanbul or cl match we can help you with pleasure... and you have to know that in turkey most of people loves and likes liverpool especially besiktas fans... in besiktas's turkish league matches u can see liverpool uniforms or scharfs on besiktas fans... dont look at that stupid guys who says we gonna kill u or punish all of u... they arent real bjk fans or çarsi members... come to turkey and see our hospitality... i wish best side wins and all europe have to watch that two best supporter groups show at that night;) see you in istanbul... and you have to know that definitely u daont have any trouble in istanbull.. vome and enjoy that match atmosphere.. sorry about my bad english...
Last edited by R_us on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
R_us

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:37 am

im not worried al all mate  ive met loads of your supporters over at Hackney Marshes and i know they have a lot of respect for Liverpool.  After all you 2 best managers have come from us Toshack and Gordon Milne
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion