FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL (Sat 19th April 3pm K.O.) - Discussion and team speculation etc here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:05 am

Not sure how we can give Rafa stick for not focusing on the league when all he has talked about during the week is the game this weekend, and we haven;t even started the match thread yet.  I think the result of the Chelsea Everton match today might have an effect. If Everton win, then we certainly have to go in with the strongest possible 16 that we can come up with and batter the sh.ite out of Fulham.  But in the Likely outcome of Everton winning, we can afford to rest or take off Gerrard and Torres at halftime and blood in some young players.  I think I am being too lured into the fact that Fulham are terrible, our reserves are really good and we have Chelsea (who will be more rested than us) coming up on Tuesday and the CL is our only shot at silverware and we almost certainly have 4th place locked up, but maybe its just me.
JoeTerp

Postby spion » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:35 am

We'll play our best eleven again on Saturday & will have Macher back so that clown Levia can go back to his best position i.e on the bench. I reckon that thing about ten clubs inquiring about Levia was Rafa dreaming, I think he's doing a Momo & trying to convince some mug of a club to pay ten million for him.
spion

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:36 am

pretty harsh on someone who is playing for Brazil at the age of 21
JoeTerp

Postby Owzat » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:19 am

JoeTerp wrote:Not sure how we can give Rafa stick for not focusing on the league when all he has talked about during the week is the game this weekend

Talk is cheap, we'll see if it the same side that played in the first leg at Arsenal plays or a few players have a rest. I recall at least one instance where Rafa SAYS he takes each game at a time, but that's ballacks and everyone knows it. When he doesn't put out the best XI available it is for resting, you can offer the excuse that he's putting out a team that he thinks can do the job, but that's a bit of a smokescreen. In fact he would be an idiot if he didn't consider a few games in advance and I'm betting he'll care more about beating Chelsea than winning at Fulham.

And he knows if he doesn't qualify for the Champions League he will be out of a job. Fourth isn't safe yet so he's got to at least try and focus

Anyway, I expect a side similar to that against Arsenal in the league.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:12 am

presuming everton don't win tonight against chelsea, play the same team that started against arsenal in the league game.

i read gary megson saying yesterday that we have a moral obligation to play our strongest team. this from the guy who rested six or seven players in a UEFA cup game a few weeks back after they've spent years trying to qualify for it. megson can f#ck off.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:19 am

spion wrote:We'll play our best eleven again on Saturday & will have Macher back so that clown Levia can go back to his best position i.e on the bench. I reckon that thing about ten clubs inquiring about Levia was Rafa dreaming, I think he's doing a Momo & trying to convince some mug of a club to pay ten million for him.

This is the Fulham match thread, try and keep it relevant.

If you want to discuss the virtues of Lucas, do so  here or maybe in here.

Nice Swan
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:30 am

Full strength team.

Sow up fourth place once and for all.

Send Fayed down.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:35 am

I would like to see one of Insua, Plessis, and Nemeth in the XI with the other two on the bench.  90% Strength squad
JoeTerp

Postby Seano Kop » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:16 pm

spion wrote:We'll play our best eleven again on Saturday & will have Macher back so that clown Levia can go back to his best position i.e on the bench. I reckon that thing about ten clubs inquiring about Levia was Rafa dreaming, I think he's doing a Momo & trying to convince some mug of a club to pay ten million for him.

Very harsh. Hasn't played many games this season where he's had to adapt - still been better than Alonso for mine though.

Personally, I'd play a full strength squad if we can (other than Mash of course) and when we are 2, maybe 3 up, we can sub Torres off and Gerrard and maybe Kuyt as well.
Seano Kop

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:08 pm

I'm gonna do a militarusher :D

Reina

Finnan    Carra   Skertel      Arbeloa

Alonso    Plessis

Pennant       Lucas       Babel

Torres 

Key to this one is rotation. :laugh:

Nah just kidding;

Reina

Finnan     Carra  Skertel   Arbeloa

Mashca  Alonso

Kuyt           Gerrard       Babel

Torres

Go for the win !
66-1112520797

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Fulham are at home battling for their lives so it won't do it all to take them lightly.  Start with our strongest team and sub once the 3 points are secure.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dward » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Fulham are at home battling for their lives so it won't due it all to take them lightly.  Start with our strongest team and sub once the 3 points are secure.

Totally agree. Wrap the game up as we should have enough to get a healthy lead before subbing players.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:00 pm

We should play our strongest team and sub torres, gerrard, masc when the game is won. The last thing we need is a defeat or poor performance leading up to the Chelsea game.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:17 pm

all I am saying is that MAYBE Insua > Aurelio MAYBE    Plessis + Mascherano > Alonso + Mascherano and MAYBE  Nemeth > Kuyt  If there were ever a time to test    ONE of the theories, this would be the game.  Nemeth didn't play in the ressie game this afternoon in the Lancashire FA Canterbury Senior Cup.  Neither did Insua and PLessis only play 16 minutes.

just found out that the reason Nemeth didn't play against prescott cable was that all the hungarians were on international duty. Pacheco scored a great goal in that game by the way, and apparently Bruna had a nice free kick today against Wigan (he hit the bar from a ways out in the last ressie league game)
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Liverpool's reserve side today in the 3-0 win over Wigan:

Hansen, Kelly, Darby (Irwin 45), San Jose (Spearing 45), Huth, Ayala, Flynn, Pacheco, Brouwer (Plessis 74), Lindfield, Bruna.

No Insua or Nemeth. Might be telling us something about their possible involvement at the weekend. :oops:
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion