FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL (Sat 19th April 3pm K.O.) - Discussion and team speculation etc here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kukilon » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:13 pm

Fine performance but once again Xabi let the team down at some occasions. Don't know what's wrong with the lad.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Kukilon wrote:Fine performance but once again Xabi let the team down at some occasions. Don't know what's wrong with the lad.

i have a nasty feeling that he wants to go back to spain...dunno why, but i honestly think he'll go in the summer.  :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:40 pm

I expect Benitez to make at least five changes from the Blackburn game. I see Mascherano definately playing, this being his first domestic game after his ban. I don't think we'll see Torres, Kuyt or Babel start. I'm going for a 2-1 win.

genius again :nod

everything spot on AGAIN except I gave Fulham more credit than they deserve by saying they would score.

was at me neice's wedding all day yesterday so haven't seen anything of the match. Did we deserve to win?
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:41 pm

That's fourth virtually wrapped up.

It was a fairly good performance, with some good moves and tidy passing. Having said that, Fulham didn't look like a team fighting for their lives, they looked resigned and overcome. You wouldn't have got a performance like that with Coleman at the helm, certainly not at home. They were crazy to get rid of him, he did a fantastic job there and they couldn't have expected any other manager on the same budget to achieve anything more. They sacked the guy who kept them up on a p!ss little budget, then brought in two flops and p!ssed silly money on w@nk players. Crazy.
LFC2007

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:49 pm

LFC2007 wrote:That's fourth virtually wrapped up.

It was a fairly good performance, with some good moves and tidy passing. Having said that, Fulham didn't look like a team fighting for their lives, they looked resigned and overcome. You wouldn't have got a performance like that with Coleman at the helm, certainly not at home. They were crazy to get rid of him, he did a fantastic job there and they couldn't have expected any other manager on the same budget to achieve anything more. They sacked the guy who kept them up on a p!ss little budget, then brought in two flops and p!ssed silly money on w@nk players. Crazy.

Agreed.  Fulham made a big mistake getting rid of Coleman.  One minute he was touted as one of the best young managerial prospects around, next minute they wanted rid of him, never understood that.  Sanchez did a bad job there, tried to change too many players too quickly, and the players he bought were poor - half the Northern Ireland team for starters.

On a separate note I thought I'd mention how well Voronin played yesterday.  We always slate him and never praise him, so well done Voronin.  Still don't think he's Liverpool quality, but we've seen much worse players in recent years.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:57 pm

At times I thought fulham played some good stuff, a few times a few good passes were strung together to get past our fullback (mainly riise). The good point for us was that skrtel and hyypia were rocks at the back, especially skrtel I thought he was very good. Saying that though fulham just lacked the confidence to score. Another time they would have scored but everytime there shot/headers were off target. Roy Hodgson is trying to get them playing football which, with there players up against the quality of liverpools players was a bad idea.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:58 pm

john craig wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:That's fourth virtually wrapped up.

Agreed.  Fulham made a big mistake getting rid of Coleman.  One minute he was touted as one of the best young managerial prospects around, next minute they wanted rid of him, never understood that.  Sanchez did a bad job there, tried to change too many players too quickly, and the players he bought were poor - half the Northern Ireland team for starters.

On a separate note I thought I'd mention how well Voronin played yesterday.  We always slate him and never praise him, so well done Voronin.  Still don't think he's Liverpool quality, but we've seen much worse players in recent years.

They deserve to be where they are!!
Al Fayed said 'for this club the Championship is not an option'
Then sacked Sanchez!!!!!
They are where they belong,Ulstermen have memories like elephants!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:03 pm

Sanchez was c.rap any wy - full of excuses and balming refs all the time - sh*t manager !

Good result with so many changes !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:18 am

a bit late but here's my thoughts anyway. as others have said, hats off to lucas and voronin. mascher probably shaded man of the match but, imo, lucas wasn't very far behind at all. at the beginning he wasn't looking like he was going to have one of his better games but as time went on he grew into it. the calmness he always shows is maybe sometimes his downfall, but the way he seems to just stroll into space and find a good passing option, or just drift past a player is lovely to watch. voronin, godawful shooting aside, was excellent. they found it impossible to push him off the ball and his passes into space kept our attacks flowing nicely. good stuff.

i enjoyed watching the game  - we were never troubled and a few of the players on the fringes of the first eleven gave good accounts of themselves.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Good result , seeing as we put a 2nd team out , rafa made 9 changes to the squad and went back to the 4-4-2 formation , credit to him , it work and we are now 8 ahead of the bitters , 4th place mathemically is nt in the bag but the bitters prob know that its over , if villa and pompey overtake them , they are outta the uefa cup slot too . Pennant played well , scored a terrific goal , great finish and 2 goals in ur last 2 starts is good , he always seems to play better when we are at the end of the season and beginning . Roll on chelsea
Last edited by Toffeehater on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:25 pm

andy_g wrote:a bit late but here's my thoughts anyway. as others have said, hats off to lucas and voronin. mascher probably shaded man of the match but, imo, lucas wasn't very far behind at all. at the beginning he wasn't looking like he was going to have one of his better games but as time went on he grew into it. the calmness he always shows is maybe sometimes his downfall, but the way he seems to just stroll into space and find a good passing option, or just drift past a player is lovely to watch. voronin, godawful shooting aside, was excellent. they found it impossible to push him off the ball and his passes into space kept our attacks flowing nicely. good stuff.

i enjoyed watching the game  - we were never troubled and a few of the players on the fringes of the first eleven gave good accounts of themselves.

good post mate , agree with all of it
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion