Liverpool v Besiktas (06/11/07) KO 7:45pm - All the build up and team speculation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby liverpoolusfan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:47 pm

Amazing what a fortnight will do.

That was a joy to watch. The entire team was moving and cutting without the ball. And it didn't require more than a handful of passes to break the defense down either.

Once Crouch open the door, you could tell the team was playing a lot more looser and carefree. 

Besiktas defense was simply awful at times. Especially late when Babel came on. The defenders either didn't care anymore or simply forgot how to mark a player.

Hopefully this answers the question that this team can create chances even without Alonso and Torres in the lineup. There's no doubt this team is better with them in the squad but there's still plenty of talent out there without them.

Can't make up my mind about Voronin. He consistently misses early chances in the games but then makes brilliant passes to set up two goals. Maybe he should play more in midfield and let Babel take on a more striker mentality?

Does anyone know did Rafa change the formations in this game as compared to others? I saw Hyppia dart up the field a couple of times from the back and Arbeola certainly made some huge runs to open up things on the right side.

Regardless hope this bleeds over into the next few weeks for this squad.
Last edited by liverpoolusfan on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liverpoolusfan

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:47 pm

maguskwt wrote:
simolonge wrote:
peewee wrote:
s@int wrote:Rafa still doesn't look happy

yeah we are showing too much passion and he can't bring the whole team off

You bore the living sh.it out of me mate.

Every post is a dig at the manager.

Change the record love.

what do you expect... you're talking about someone who wrote a complaint letter to benitez right after he's won us the 5th european cup...

and the proved everything i said was correct over the following seasons, someone else trying to be smart and failing miserably
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:50 pm

We won 8 -0 stop looking for arguments with peewee and just enjoy the win. We can't get enough nights like tonight we should be celebrating not bickering.
account deleted by request

Postby mistyred » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:50 pm

Well done lads that was a good performanc, keep going, Benyoun played very well, well done Babel you will be a diamond one day son, and Mascha what a player, all in all i thought we were superb.

Crouch is still the second best striker we have causes nothing but problems for defenders, loves balls into feet or in the air well done lad.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:52 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Rafa's a genius ,were gonna win the league and the european cup and the fa cup , the players are great  ,total football , yeh for LFC.

No , no what i meant to say was Rafa's sh!te , sack the boring tw@t, why can't we play football like arsenal and our squad is p!ss poor. We were lucky tonight ,besiktas were poo, why didn;t rafa play torres from the start and why bring stevie off , we should have won 10-0. Vorinin is poo ,if we had played jack hobbs and lucas from the start we would be better and so on and so on and so on. BLAH BLAH DIDDY BLAH.

yeah this one win makes up for all the sh*te we have had to endure    :help

the fact is this just shows how wrong rafa has been getting it with his defensive mindset and insistence on playing players out of position and asking them to do things they can not do.

no lets see if he has learned anything, we will see agaisnt fulham when we go back to the same old dross and the dame old people making the same old excuses
112-1077774096

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:53 pm

peewee wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
simolonge wrote:
peewee wrote:

Change the record love.

what do you expect... you're talking about someone who wrote a complaint letter to benitez right after he's won us the 5th european cup...

and the proved everything i said was correct over the following seasons, someone else trying to be smart and failing miserably

and the proved everything i said was correct over the following seasons, someone else trying to be smart and failing miserably.

Your missing an n. "and then proved everything i said was correct over the following seasons, someone else trying to be smart and failing miserably."

tee hee  :p
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:55 pm

You should enjoy the win as well peewee. Leave the pessimism alone for one night mate.
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 pm

tonights win was fantastic, what i am saying is lets not get carried away, they were awful and the fact that they beat us a couple of weeks ago show how bad we have been.

we have to carry this on now, but deep down i know at the weekend we will not see this and revert to stale negative football.

one win does not make everything ok guys, it does not change all the poor results we have had and despite scoring 8 tonight we are no closer to qualifying from the group.

cold hard truths, i know some of you dont like to hear them
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:57 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
peewee wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
simolonge wrote:
peewee wrote:

Change the record love.

and the proved everything i said was correct over the following seasons, someone else trying to be smart and failing miserably.

Your missing an n. "and then proved everything i said was correct over the following seasons, someone else trying to be smart and failing miserably."

wow a typo    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:59 pm

peewee wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
simolonge wrote:
peewee wrote:

Change the record love.

Seriously mate, do you think that EVERYTHING that you have said is right ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:59 pm

peewee wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
peewee wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
simolonge wrote:
peewee wrote:

Change the record love.

wow a typo    :D

Its the best I could do ! Oh and your right a great victory but the confidence gained from this result should change the attitude to forthcoming games, like Fulham for instance, they are struggling so same attitude from tonight and thats 3 points in the bag.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:01 am

peewee wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Rafa's a genius ,were gonna win the league and the european cup and the fa cup , the players are great  ,total football , yeh for LFC.

No , no what i meant to say was Rafa's sh!te , sack the boring tw@t, why can't we play football like arsenal and our squad is p!ss poor. We were lucky tonight ,besiktas were poo, why didn;t rafa play torres from the start and why bring stevie off , we should have won 10-0. Vorinin is poo ,if we had played jack hobbs and lucas from the start we would be better and so on and so on and so on. BLAH BLAH DIDDY BLAH.

yeah this one win makes up for all the sh*te we have had to endure    :help

the fact is this just shows how wrong rafa has been getting it with his defensive mindset and insistence on playing players out of position and asking them to do things they can not do.

no lets see if he has learned anything, we will see agaisnt fulham when we go back to the same old dross and the dame old people making the same old excuses

You truly are a pompous pri.ck.

PS the report this post to the moderators button is over here ------------------------------------>
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:01 am

peewee wrote:tonights win was fantastic, what i am saying is lets not get carried away, they were awful and the fact that they beat us a couple of weeks ago show how bad we have been.

we have to carry this on now, but deep down i know at the weekend we will not see this and revert to stale negative football.

one win does not make everything ok guys, it does not change all the poor results we have had and despite scoring 8 tonight we are no closer to qualifying from the group.

cold hard truths, i know some of you dont like to hear them

PeeWee lad we will look at how we play on Saturday and then we can all moan again if it goes wrong.But i for one am loving it tonight bad side or not them goals will give us confidence
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:07 am

i got a good song for leto

to the tune of "this years loving" by david gray

"this years mark gonzalez but with less paceeee"

sing it, it works
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:08 am

It's better to win 8 times 1-0 than one time 8-0.

Seriously though, I thought this 8-0 would buy a truce for Rafa for at least some hours. I thought the criticism would resume tomorrow at least, but the anti Rafa brigade is persistent :D

Let's enjoy the win for some hours FFS, let's forget about rotations and mistakes for a lil while.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion