Liverpool v Besiktas (06/11/07) KO 7:45pm - All the build up and team speculation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:00 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
zarababe wrote:Fantastic result and performance - I believe and will continue ti in the Boss and the season GET IN THERE. Highlights at 11.00pm can't wait !!  :D

Hi Zarababe - did we win then ?

you bet ya we did fella - friggin 8 buties - I say our true colours are comin out now - and why shouldn't we milk it, since the doom merchants in here and the rest of the miserable g*ts have had there 'say'.. plenty of say I say  :rasp

RAFA BENITEZ... RAFA BENITEZ .. RAFA RAFA BENITEZ ...  :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:16 am

Don't like to think of myself as a "doom and gloom" merchant Zbabe, but have to say that Besiktas were probably the weakest side i've ever seen at Anfield . How they managed to beat us two weeks earlier is a complete mystery to me. There are conference sides that would have put up greater resistance.

Good result and great for our confidence but let's not get carried away, Besiktas were absolutely STATIC, I think tonights result was more a measure of how poor they were as opposed to how good we are .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:18 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
peewee wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Rafa's a genius ,were gonna win the league and the european cup and the fa cup , the players are great  ,total football , yeh for LFC.

No , no what i meant to say was Rafa's sh!te , sack the boring tw@t, why can't we play football like arsenal and our squad is p!ss poor. We were lucky tonight ,besiktas were poo, why didn;t rafa play torres from the start and why bring stevie off , we should have won 10-0. Vorinin is poo ,if we had played jack hobbs and lucas from the start we would be better and so on and so on and so on. BLAH BLAH DIDDY BLAH.

yeah this one win makes up for all the sh*te we have had to endure    :help

the fact is this just shows how wrong rafa has been getting it with his defensive mindset and insistence on playing players out of position and asking them to do things they can not do.

no lets see if he has learned anything, we will see agaisnt fulham when we go back to the same old dross and the dame old people making the same old excuses

Pee, i'm not gonna argue with you mate, you know where i'm coming from with this post . Everything in the garden isn't rosie all of a sudden as some will say , but niether is everthing as bad as your making out at the moment. Like i said in another post hopefuly the lads will gain alot of confidence from this game tonight and bring it into the game at the weekend. The green shoots of recovery and all that :D

oh i know where you are coming from, and some of my posts have been deleted for stating a few facts    :D   wow, even having an opinion now leads to deleted posts, the forum will close down soon.

i will have to write it again.

the fact is guys, despite tonights great performance it showed us a lot about the manager and the way we have been playing of late. tonight we showed we can attack and play attractive football rather than the negative tripe that rafa prefers.

lets look at a few other things here also.

crouch- can't get a look in past kuyt despite the obvious lack of ability of kuyt. plays tonight and scores 2, looks  great

yossi- never really gets a chance, tonight plays great and gets a hat trick

babel- always shunted out left, showed tonight he is a forward and scores two

now i know some of the 'hard of thinking' will say "oh that shows rafa is right, it makes them more hungry, that must be true they all scored tonight" right?  no, wrong.

the fact is these guys should be getting starts and getting starts in their right positions

another point i want to raise, many people have attributed our poor form to missing torres, alonso and agger. can anyone see where i am going with this? did we see any of them on the pitch tonight? no we didnt.

the fact is our football has been poor because of the lack of cohesion, it has been poor because of the negative mindset of the boss. tonight showed we can play good attractive attacking football. i we don't do this at the weekend and come unstuck by playing a different team and different football then surely some of you will then start to see where the fault lies.

mods if you want to delete posts at least have the decency to tell the poster why you are deleting them, they were not personal or offensive and simply pointed out what i have mentioned above, deleting it from the forum does not make it disappear, the poor play will still be there
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:19 am

We have played some cr@p teams this season..... Toulouse were bad , Derby were worse, and Besiktas the worst of the lot. Maybe we played some decent football, got the all important early goal and then played ok as well though?
account deleted by request

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:26 am

I mentioned in another thread how I laugh when we go on a bad run and point out how an injury to a first team player is the cause of it and how much we are missing them (Alonso) and disagreed then got jumped on. I believe it really is down to confidence and maybe the way rafa experimenting during certain games have been a part of it, but looking at last nights performance rafa played all the players in there favoured position and look at the response ! Oh and I think Riise does make a better midfielder than defender. Rafa got it right last night and should stick with the format of players playing in there natural positions.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:30 am

:D exactly woof -you seem to be talking a lot of sense lately brother .
We were a joy to watch tonight...why cant every team just stand still like that. Been a long time since I seen a team look so disinterested , and not a single sheep in sight lol
Im delighted anyway-some real nice comaraderie at the final whistle and its bound to give us a bit more confidence.
Plus -I LOVE seein the turks get a whoooopin  :buttrock
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:34 am

I thought their goalkeeper was funny. Oww that hurt my cheek, its ok i'll live oh no wait OWWWWW MEDIC !!!
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:47 am

and gerrard barely touched him aswell

wimp

after watching the rugby world cup you do wish footballers were a bit more like them at times
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:49 am

LittleHobo wrote:and gerrard barely touched him aswell

wimp

after watching the rugby world cup you do wish footballers were a bit more like them at times

A bit of masculinity thats all we ask !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:51 am

HOW can they be so inconsistant ??  Just from one match to the next.... lordie lordie...

More of the same please !!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 am

i will be lumping on us to beat fulhum at the weekend

easy home win

what price you reckon we will be?
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:21 am

LittleHobo wrote:i will be lumping on us to beat fulhum at the weekend

easy home win

what price you reckon we will be?

Maybe you should have asked that in the LFC v Fulham thread ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:25 am

refer to post match thread for further discussion.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:26 pm

peewee wrote:oh i know where you are coming from, and some of my posts have been deleted for stating a few facts    :D   wow, even having an opinion now leads to deleted posts, the forum will close down soon.

When?

I've deleted none of your posts.
jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:31 pm

There is no record of any of peewee's posts being deleted...

Information gained from moderators logs
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion