Liverpool v Besiktas (06/11/07) KO 7:45pm - All the build up and team speculation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:13 pm

The most pleasing thing for me tonight wasn't the 8-0 score line, it was the fact that we got a footballing performance tonight. We used every blade of grass on the pitch, we moved the ball around with a slick, crisp pace and on the odd occasion we came up against a dead end we found the craft to keep the pressure on and not just drop all the way back into our own half.

The only downer for me was the fact that Rafa still looked miserable as fook at the end.  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:14 pm

Even when we win people start making arguments whats that all about? cant we all just enjoy it for a change? :D  :::spreads the love:::
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:15 pm

OneHotRed wrote:
europian-kings wrote:NOT EVERY DAY U SEE US WIN SO COMFORTABLY

You dont have any footie games on the comp then? Thats whats been keeping me going this season, torres has 23 goals so far :D

haha =]
yeah well i have fm08 but i never seem to be very succesful with liverpool....chelsea were comin top with 7 games to go so i joined them and made em lose every game =]

on fifa08, now that is a different stroy =]
played 28 won 26 drew 2. torres scored 41 =]
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:15 pm

We were that comfortable there, I almost went into a coma. Besiktas were poor, let's be honest. Still, a great win for us, but let us not forget what happened after the Derby game. There is still a lot of work to be done, and this result could potentially be overshadowed if we don't make it past the group stages. We've still got that to do. I'm just hoping that we don't go into our next game, considering we're coming up to ANOTHER F*CKING international break, just like after  the Derby game, and forgetting how to perform again.

Anyway, great result. Gerrard almost back to his best, which is great to see, and Crouch proving his worth. Glad to see Babel get two goals, and the boy Lucas looking a nice investment. I seriously think that had Kuyt and Sissoko started this game, we'd have stuttered all over the show.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:15 pm

I have to say im really dissapointed with the result. Rafa once again has shown that he has no idea of what he is doing. Making so many changes from the team that played on saturday, starting with Crouch, taking Gerrard off for Lucas, the man has certainly lost it. I say get rid of him in january to avoid :censored: performances like this again!  :veryangry

(being sarcastic) :rasp
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:15 pm

europian-kings wrote:Q: What do you call 100 Chelsea fans on the moon?

An away champions league fixture?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby t batty(_Y_) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:15 pm

well i was just saying cus i feel the man should just get over it and now saying this:

Q:what do u call a scouser with a championship medal?

A: a robbing :censored:

i think we all should just get along

dont let it spoil your wonderful night
enjoy it while it lasts

:D
I'm Known To Walk Alone....

But I'm Alone For A Reason..........
t batty(_Y_)

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:15 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:No , no what i meant to say was Rafa's sh!te , sack the boring tw@t, why can't we play football like arsenal and our squad is p!ss poor. We were lucky tonight ,besiktas were poo, why didn;t rafa play torres from the start and why bring stevie off , we should have won 10-0. Vorinin is poo ,if we had played jack hobbs and lucas from the start we would be better and so on and so on and so on. BLAH BLAH DIDDY BLAH.

Bit Harsh that mate, I agree with the rest but Voronin isn't that bad  :D
account deleted by request

Postby gato_busta » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:16 pm

darn igor! you beat me to the sarcasm!
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby europian-kings » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:16 pm

how much do you rekon kuyt and sissoko would go for? i know they not too good but do foreigners know that ? =]
both added together = 20mill maybe??
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:16 pm

shouldn't get too high though; I am very glad with the way we played, but all we did was put us into the UEFA Cup
JoeTerp

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:16 pm

Voronin played pretty well.

Still not convinced about that pony tail though.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:18 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:The most pleasing thing for me tonight wasn't the 8-0 score line, it was the fact that we got a footballing performance tonight. We used every blade of grass on the pitch, we moved the ball around with a slick, crisp pace and on the odd occasion we came up against a dead end we found the craft to keep the pressure on and not just drop all the way back into our own half.

The only downer for me was the fact that Rafa still looked miserable as fook at the end.  :D

Exactly, and I'm hoping that we continue to kick on from it. We needed to win by a fair amount, not just in the score, but how we actually played for me to be happy. A 1-0 borefest and I'd have been well p*ssed off regardless if we won. I'm just hoping the break (AGAIN!!!) doesn't upset our confidence.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby t batty(_Y_) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:18 pm

this forums well busy
I'm Known To Walk Alone....

But I'm Alone For A Reason..........
t batty(_Y_)

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:19 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Voronin played pretty well.

Still not convinced about that pony tail though.

reminds me of triple H.

This win will give us confidence we need in the league, I really hope Rafa won't rest the players with confidence, but I don't think he will, he isn't a fool and hopefully we will do well in the league next game.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion