EVERTON vs LIVERPOOL: 27/09 12:45 k.o - The 208th Derby - Match Discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:13 pm

Oh i cant wait for Monday. So many gooners at work!
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:15 pm

it won't take much for people to be calling for moyes head soon and that could be the best thing to happen as with out golam there they would push newcastle for in the stinking stuff club!!!!!!!!!!!

i won't and can't see pass chavski for the league until we are playing at a higher level than we are and scoring more goals.. it won't be clear until after xmas but you can't grumble at our start
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:20 pm

No you cant moan at all but like you say we know what the problems are. Just becasue we are getting the points now that doesnt mean that it will continue that way for the rest of the season. I think as players get more confidence you will see more goals eventually. Torres is scoring again now and it wont be long before Keane does too.

Still not sure about Dossena though. He must have put in only 2 crosses the whole game.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:31 pm

my mate was saying,i never heard it that......
Some stupid bitter phoned into the radio earlier saying he brought his young baby to the game in his new Everton kit and has since decided because they are so sh'ite to SUPPORT LIVERPOOL and bring the kid up Red instead because he cant take anymore hurt and does not want the kid growing up living with the pain he suffered supporting them!! :laugh: :laugh:
Think it was Collymores show,he hung up in disgust!!
There is no boundaries to their pathetic ways!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:38 pm

Haha thats classic, not the biggest fan of Collymore but the thought of him hanging up on some clown "in disgust" is brilliant.
RedRoots

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:42 pm

:D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:02 pm

RedRoots wrote:Haha thats classic, not the biggest fan of Collymore but the thought of him hanging up on some clown "in disgust" is brilliant.

Im not too sure if it was cause he's in the bar pis'hed but that was the general jist that I got!
I love it when we beat them and done UTD as well!!
Fecking Class!! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:03 pm

Last edited by zarababe on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:43 pm

Torres is class.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:17 pm

MOTD hull on first carnt grumble about that,but we have now got a REAL chance to kick on and put a sustained challenge for prem. Cheaski ain.t played anyone yet OK the mange but only drew at home.Come the new year if we still were we are at now it will deffo be GAME ON. keep the FAITH brothers and sisters KEEP THE FAITH :bowdown
rafa09

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:18 pm

Bad Bob wrote:So, to take stock, so far in the league we've managed to:

1) Win two games we had no business winning given the sub-par quality of our play (Sunderland, Boro)
2) Go away to Villa Park and draw 0-0 against a team that is showing some good early form (without Gerrard and losing Torres early on, too)
3) Beat the Mancs for the first time in ages on the back of a comprehensively dominant performance
4) Stutter to a frustrating scoreless draw at home to Stoke in a game we could have won at a canter
5) Go to Goodison and comprehensively beat the Bitters

As such, we're deservedly joint leaders (4 back on goal difference) as September ends.  This despite the fact that--as supporters almost universally acknowledge--we've yet to hit top gear.  Whisper it quietly but, feck me, I'd say we're doing something right! :buttrock

Have to agreee the squad looks very strong when you think we haven't even touched on the form we had end of last season if we can start to up our level as we hit christmas ad hold it we have a really good shot at prem.

Makes me think back to that torres interview after he won EC , when he goes " we going to win the prem" now he might just have been high from winning the EC and at time I said "O come on torres don't make promises" but man I do feel very optomistic about our chances now.

Roll on PSV ....

Those chavski games comming look very important now if we could get a win there who knows.  :D

Maybe just maybe we might be the ones who break that home record of theres.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:20 pm

My verdict is that we played well and thoroughly deserved to win. They look to me like they are a shadow of the team they've been over the last couple of seasons, and if Joseph Yobo and Jagielka (players who I don't think are mugs usually) continue to ball watch like they did today, they could be in relegation trouble. I don't think they'll go down, but they have a few dodgy moments. The defending for both goals was absolutely shocking, whilst up top they created absolutely zip. 

My ratings for our players:

Reina-Solid enough aside from one dropped cross where he was fortunate to be given the free-kick. Is playing behind a very good defence at the moment and looks confident because of it.

Arbeloa-Bit of a silly kick out at Cahill which could have cost us, but generally solid enough without ever being asked a question. Him and Kuyt as a pairing are only ever going to be solid, and that's what they were.

Skyrtel-I thought he was excellent and probably played as well as I've seen him play for Liverpool. There was none of the ball watching you sometimes get from him, and I was more encouraged that he might make a centre half after all than I ever have been before with him.

Carragher-Mr dependable, never put a foot wrong. Thank God we've got him for games like this.

Dossena-Certainly bombed forwards with gusto and was perhaps unlucky not to be given the ball by keane when in acres a couple of times. Defensively though a bit of a worry, and I remain unconvinced that he is a quality left-back.

Kuyt-Plenty here for everyone. The Kuyt bashers had numerous occasions when Dirks cumbersome first touch or overhit crosses proved their point conclusively. Equally, there were some nice touches, some interesting little three point turns and the usual lung busting effort. Second half he was better when he chopped inside, and much as I tried I couldn't really work out what type of shape we were going for. Gerrard covered him a bit, as did keane and Arbeloa, but the impression i got was the they were so bad Kuyt was able to just wander off without consequence. Anyway, I thought it was one of his better game, not quite Wayne Rooney or Berbatov, but certainly in the same universe.

Gerrard-Man of the match by a country mile. Quite simply the best player on either team. If he played for them, it would have been a very close game, he's that good.

Alonso-I liked Xabi in this game. He was popping up from time to time around the edge of their box which I liked. I thought he was nimble in posession when they tried the old box him in routine, but ultimately it was his willingness to pick the ball up in unusual areas for him which made it harder to pin him down. One crossfield ball to Torres (I think) down the left was a stand out moment of the game. If we neeed Gerrard to be a match winning Roy of the Rovers, Masherano is head and shoulders his better partner for me. If Gerrard like in this game is just going to be asked to control the match, the gap between Alonso and Masherano is much closer. I still remain convinced however that our best midfield with our current personel is Gerrard on the right with alonso and Masherano centrally. This was a very good performance though from a very good player. Fantastic attitude when you consider that we were trying to flog him off all around Europe in the close season.

Riera-Impressed me first twenty minutes and I was rubbing my hands anticipating all the people telling me I'd called it wrong. Lets get one thing straight here and now, I did. He's a far better footballer than I remember, even if his transfer to Liverpool isn't a success.

Now that said, after that he disappeared a bit and my money is on whichever right backs he comes up against licking their lips at the prospect of getting stuck into him. Like I said, he has lovely ability but he must toughen up, a lot.

Keane-Liked him. He was rubbish for most of the game but never stopped trying stuff, showing for it and made the two goals. The stats might only give him one assist, but he made them both and it was his best performance yet for me. We can argue about the fee all day long, but he will definately improve the first team.

Torres-I was getting worried about him as he was getting rerally frustrated. Then the central defenders decide to have a dodgy ten minutes and he gets a hat trick with three sublime finishes. They escalated in quality, and the wrongly disallowed third was absolutely World-class.

Subs-Aurelio managed to play for a bit without it seems getting injured which is nice, while Lucas was back to his "one touch ping! look at me I might have something, lovely body shape, I might just be a footballer waiting to get out" mode.  He might actually be one yet you never know.

Rafa-Lovely. At last we are giving ourselves a chance. No need to say any more on that one.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Somebody should have a look at skirtles passport i reckon he,s carras half brother. Wonder if Mrs carragher ever took a trip to a eastern bloc country in the 80,s  :love:
rafa09

Postby Sabre » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Lando says

I believe you need to rub your eyes, dear boy, if you truly believe that Gerrard's performance was worth a 9. The skipper was non-existent in the first-half, and didn't achieve a great deal in the second.

I disagree mate. I don't know you lot, but the first 20 minutes of the match didn't seem a derby, I mean, we were doing things fast and well. Gerrard and Alonso showed no signs of incompatibility -- none I can detect anyway -- and they bossed the midfield. In the second part of the first half though, they controlled our attacks, we reached, we had possession but we never truly tested their keeper. But I think Gerrard did a good game overall.

I have to say that after a few bad games of Arbeloa, I'm noticing an improvement as of late, I don't know if you lot agree.

Torres showed his class in the second half, in the first, not that he was below average eh? it's just that to be honest, Everton never allowed him to turn and face the defence, he was well defended. Keane was a bit nervous in the first half, but took an active part in both goals.

Cahill's red card was a bit harsh, yeh, there wasn't the ball involved, but it wasn't "criminal" as in injury risk kick, a yellow would have been enough if I have to be objective.

Riera? a decent-good game. Good combination between Alonso, Keane, him, and Torres in the first goal, some tricks back heel included. Good news is that he tried to show his strenghty left foot, we'll see some range shots from his this season. But when he tried, he slipped :D, I think he had some problems with the studs selection in the first half. I'm happy with what he's providing to Liverpool, the team notices it and in fact the first half was a monologue from the left -- that's not good neither, we have to use both flanks. The latter minutes of the first half when they controlled us a bit better, were the minutes they had that wing controlled. Riera still has to learn anyway that the refs are different.

Carra and Skrtel, not the busiest day in defence, it's worth to mention Carra was there to avoid the bitter goal when Reina made his mistake. Reina was outside the little box so we can count ourselves lucky on that one, perhaps, when the ref blew the wistle.

Kuyt? average game, definitely not bad, but didn't provide too much.

And a question for debate, didn't you find Everton more cautious than other derbies, considering they still have that Moyes?

Also, how on earth Screech can cost 15M?, Marcelino the pundit's words in second half say it all "I didn't know the player much more than what I saw in the olympics, in this game, I've spent about 70 minutes figuring out whether he's an attacking or defensive midfielder, because I don't see him providing much".

Great result, I'm happy.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:39 pm

MEMO; to MR MICHAEL OWEN, Money ain,t everything is it? Bet you are fecking sick going to the barcodes. You greedy little twot,oh BTW were was you in ISTANBUL :p  :p  :p
rafa09

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion