Everton V Liverpool 20-10-2007 (Prem) - All pre match discussion in here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:25 pm

Feugo wrote:ahh the gooners and chelski win again...
man its getting harder :(
just hope man utd slip at villa park
Arteta + Ronaldo = Gay
they got same annoying look lol.. laugh laugh then cry.. :angry:

Learn to spell and stop being a gobsh.ite embarressing really.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:26 pm

Ciggy wrote:Kirkby sock robbers

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

I don't know where she gets them from but I love 'em .   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:27 pm

Ciggy wrote:Follow follow its off to Tesco you go...............

Fuck off bitter bluesh.ite kunts just get the feck.

you where sh.ite today.

Had no internet for hours again  :angry:

Stick that up your hole mongrels.

3 points ta, not neat not tidy cant comlain.

Fu.ck off to kirkby the city is ares
Kirkby sock robbers hello hello.

LOL  :laugh:

Great, balanced and unbiased post that.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:27 pm

One word describes this game, and that is lucky. Actually scrap that it's two words, fucking lucky.

I have been a firm backer of Rafa over recent weeks when he has come under fire, but todays decisions from the gaffer just have no rational explanation. He took off the two main attacking threats on the pith, Gerrard & Benayoun, whilst leaving on Mascherano & Sissoko who don't really offer a lot going forward. I can understand that they may have been tired from the internationals, but you make those sort of changes when you're winning, not chasing a win in a derby match. The decision to wait until the 87th minute to bring on Pennant also left me dumbfounded, what real difference could he make at that point? We got off the hook here big time, and I just hope Rafa learns from mistakes made & doesn't repeat them.

As for the players themselves, in goal Reina didn't really have a lot to do. He didn't have a chance with the own goal, but apart from one dodgy punch near the end he got everything else pretty much right. Carragher I have to admit was a very lucky lad, could easily have conceded a penalty at the end and could well have picked up two yellows for his constant arguing if it had been a harsher ref, in my eyes Gerrard should have been doing more as captain to stop him. Hyypia was desperately unlucky with the own goal, it was one of those ones that could've gone absolutely anywhere, and apart from that had a very good game. His aerial prescence certainly saved our skins more than once or twice at the back and showed for me why he's still an important member of our squad. Finnan as ever was Mr reliable, a couple of brilliant saving challenges and on current form he also seems to be our best crosser of the ball. The weak link in the defence for me was Riise, and why the hell he played the full 90 minutes I don't know. His passing was poor, and for the goal he should have been closing down a lot quicker. There were two incidents that really stood out for me though, firstly after about 10 minutes when Hyypia conceded a free kick in a dangerous position. The Everton player (I think it was Osman) was bursting down the right where Riise should be defending, yet it was Sissoko & Hyypia that were having to cover as Riise was still making his way back from the opposition half. The other incident was at the opther end of the pitch towards the end of the game when we were chasing the win, Kuyt played a through ball that was slightly ahead of him and he made no effort to get on the end of it. The ball was asking a lot of him, but he could've slid in & played it out for a throw instead of letting it roll out for a goal kick, he showed no desire to get to it.

In midfield I think we got better as the game went on, but in the first half we had no thrust from the middle & our wing play was non-existent. Benayoun was the only midfielder to make any sort of impression before the break & we just looked devoid of ideas. Come the second half things improved, thanks in no small part to the fact that Gerrard actually decided to start playing then. He did very well for the penalty, Hibbert was tugging on his shirt almost as far back as the halfway line, but Stevie stayed on his feet until he'd made it into the box. There were memories of Istanbul for me, Gerrard had the same grin on his face as he'd had that night when he finally went down in the box, he knew it was a penalty & I think it was very clever play that won it. I still don't see why Mascherano played, he'd travelled halfway round the world & played 180 mintues of football already this week, and it showed. I can only assume it was due to Alonso not being ready, but I still don't think he should've featured in this game. Sissoko was just Sissoko, we all know what to expect from him now, win the ball back brilliantly then give it away, I really don't think he should play unless partnered with Alonso who seems to be the only one who always makes himself available for the easy ball.

Up front Voronin managed to get every other aspect of his game right apart from the bit that really matters for a striker. He did some great tracking back but that's not his main job, a striker's there to score or create goals andin that he failed miserably. Kuyt faired a little better, whilst not having many clear cut chances himself he created well for others, and fair play for having the bottle to take the first penalty, not easy in such a big game when you haven't scored for a while.

All in all as I said at the start we were lucky today, but it's another three points notched up and we're still in contention. I doubt todays performance will have boosted anyone's confidence much though, and for once I actually put this down to the manager rather than the players as I have in recent weeks.
Last edited by EddieC on Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:28 pm

bavlondon wrote:
parvin wrote:just hope we scrap a win past arsenal , wud take a scarppy 1-0 win , torres

You must be joking. With the form they are in and the way we have been playing at home we will be lucky to get a point against them next week.

However, with the home games we played against top teams Arsenal would be lucky to run away with a point.

unless Benitez decides to rest torres.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:30 pm

metalhead wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
parvin wrote:just hope we scrap a win past arsenal , wud take a scarppy 1-0 win , torres

You must be joking. With the form they are in and the way we have been playing at home we will be lucky to get a point against them next week.

However, with the home games we played against top teams Arsenal would be lucky to run away with a point.

unless Benitez decides to rest torres.

The Chelsea game was one thing but since then weve gone to bits at the back. The only posative is that Alonso and Torres should be back.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:32 pm

Beerbaron wrote:Heard that interview with Rafa after the game,when he said he took off Gerrard cos he needed players playing with their heads rather than their hearts,you cant miss understand that,put it simply he taught Gerrard was playing :censored:+not how he was told to play.Noting to do with Gerrard being injuried or tired,which he could have said.The man is off hes head.Hes just gone+called Gerrard stupid.That comment is going to be in all the papers tomorrow+is going to spell the end of whatever sort of relationship they had as captin+manager..One of em is going to have to go+i no which one id like to see.Stop the rotation.Its time to have a good look where were heading before its to late.This after a derby win..something v wrong

Utter ridiculous post.  He didnt call Gerrard stupid and the tabloids can make what they want of it, at the end of the day everyone at Liverpool will understand what was said and why he was taken off.  In my opinion it seemed a poor decision but in the end it paid off, had Leiva not been on the pitch we may have only managed a 1-1 draw.  Benitez saying Lucas played with more composure is a totally legitimate point, Gerrard was all over the place tactically and obviously not playing the system Benitez wanted.  At the end of the day Benitez knows better than all of us and if he thought Gerrard being out of position could have cost us the game then i agree with his reasoning.
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:57 pm

How come the Everton v Liverpool thread has become a Man U v Villa thread ? .

Get back on track

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:13 pm

ol my bad ... the result of that game affects us 2 ... wats there to say abt the pool n everton game . everything has been covered ..

If you've got nothing further to say about the  Everton v Liverpool game in this thread then stfu. Your first day in here and you've made 57 posts , if you want to talk about the scum v villa take it to the appropriate part of the forum

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Grudge » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:17 pm

parvin wrote:lol i have another account , just decided to use this , so u stfu then , everyone is entitled to their opinions

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.. :censored: OFF YOU LITTLE TRAMP!

LFC is LFC....beat us and we will come back!!
The Grudge

Postby The Grudge » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:20 pm

parvin wrote:??

Exactly...FU.CK OFF
The Grudge

Postby parvin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:21 pm

wats ur friggin prob , did i offend u
parvin

Postby Zi-Dan Agger » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:21 pm

parvin wrote:??

Yer think your pretty much pi$$ing everyone off.  Read the title of the thread and stop posting irrelavent posts about the scum or simply 2 question marks... Kunt!  ???
Zi-Dan Agger

Postby Feugo » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:29 pm

Ciggy wrote:Learn to spell and stop being a gobsh.ite embarressing really.

haha look who's talking..
please die emo.
Last edited by Feugo on Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
En taro tassadar!

ImageImage
Feugo

Postby parvin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:30 pm

red37 wrote:Talk about smash and grab! That was one of the most unconvincing 3 points you could get (away with)  :D

Fair play to the lads for coming out victorious - but i didn't see an awful lot to write home about performance wise, from anyone. Everton appeared to play there usual game, and by and large they deserved something out of the tie.

Relief is the best way to describe that. There will be better days when we don't get a reward, so it all balances out in the end i suppose.

3 more points though - however they are quarried out. And fingers crossed Arsenal drop something over the coming weeks. They have us and the mancs soon...its warming up!

i think we deserved the 3 points for the number of attacks we made , our finished is what that almost killed us todae , thank god for the penalty , absurd decisons by rafa ... thankfully for him and his job it paid off
parvin

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion