DERBY COUNTY vs LIVERPOOL: 26/12/07 - Build up and Match Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:14 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:I've queried Telegraph stats before - I don't know how they compile them, but they often seem way off.

There were stats from one game where Carra was down as having made something like 6 tackles, when I vividly remembered him making more than that in injury time alone.

Lets try OPTA STATS then  - Mascherano 76 tackles 72% success rate  :D
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:43 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
peewee wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Good to see our most important player fit again.

Hmmmm ....... :laugh:

Yeah we've really struggled without him havent we Lando ?

hey our blip was because he was injured, dont you know that    :D

the fact all our great results were without him and the fact that he came back yesterday and we struggled to beat the bottom club should not cloud your judgment     :D

Come back with that retarded point of view when you`ve been to watch Liverpool this century,ok pumpkin?

already been to more games than you this century sweetheart, amazing how the thread has gone downhill since you logged in and laughable that you seem to only comment on my posts while ignoring others with the same view

Haha I moved in 2002 and even since then I will have more than you, you have been to 2 games this seaon and you live less than 2 hours away.

What a sad boring man you are petal.    :oops:
112-1077774096

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:00 pm

peewee wrote:laughable that you seem to only comment on my posts while ignoring others with the same view

There should be a reason dude (nothing happens without a reason)....remember long time ago, u commented something about his hair....  :p  Guess he is still bitter about that....  :wwww

like the saying goes....Hell has no fury like a ****ehhhhhh*** scorned.....

Game ......Set .....Match........

whoooooooooo hoooooooooooooo
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:34 pm

why does everyone keep saying that Alonso has been poor since his first season? he was also superb in 05/06 as well. Last year he wasnt as good, but he was still a damn sight better than most that play midfield for us, but to say he has been on a downward slope since 04/05 is just plain wrong
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:24 pm

Lets lock this thread now :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:42 pm

peewee wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Right ive got a meeting to go to so sorry i cant carry this on

yaaaaaaaaaaaay we won, nanny has quit    :D

Right im back now :D

And ive been to more matches than any of yous so there :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:32 pm

Alonso is a fantastic player for Liverpool, actually with him fit I would actually say that we could probably do without Masch although I'd prefer for him to stay but £17m is a lot of dough, I'd rather see that cash spent on another great striker. Imagine if we had had 2 good strikers we would have destroyed Derby instead of being lucky with a last gasp win.
heimdall

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:03 pm

heimdall wrote:Alonso is a fantastic player for Liverpool, actually with him fit I would actually say that we could probably do without Masch although I'd prefer for him to stay but £17m is a lot of dough, I'd rather see that cash spent on another great striker. Imagine if we had had 2 good strikers we would have destroyed Derby instead of being lucky with a last gasp win.

Oh so hes not a one of the clowns then lad that your mate Jeff referred to in another thread :no
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:52 am

Bamaga man wrote:Obviously Sabre you like the holding midfielders of Alonso and Carricks style, where I prefer the more orthadox style of a holding mid ala Hamman, Makelalee and Mascha.

You cant hide behind the fact Mascha's playing much better with Gerrard, even Peewee's saying so :D

Agreed , even a blind man can tell u that .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:54 am

s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:
s@int wrote:I just can't believe that anyone would question Mascherano's position in the team after his performances since he came. I think he has had maybe 2 poor games for us since he came and has been M.O.T.M. in about half of his games.

I for one don't question Mascherano's quality. I didn't even question his partnership with Gerrard during the "blip". I like the player a lot.

But the "If Alonso comes back to his game of 2 years ago" used by some posters (more than one) sounds like an old record to me.

Why? because if you read the very posts of the very same people this season, they were acknowledging that there was an improvement compared to last season in the game of Alonso. It's there, it's written. After that he's been injured, so just when he comes back, I wonder if it's fair to come back to the old "he has to recover his game".

Note that I don't find strange this kind of things. I find ok that the level of demand to a player increases through out the years as he gets experience. But it's true that this season Alonso was reported to be playing better, but that has been apparently forgotten after his injury, for some reason.

I know like me that you think we have two great players in Masch and Alonso, but I find it difficult to understand how you can argue that Alonso's form hasn't been below par for the last couple of years.

When was the last time people were raving about a great game by Alonso. Ah but its because people are used to Alonso now, I hear you say  :D. People are a lot more used to Gerrard and yet people still rave about him is my reply.

Ah but its the unnoticed things that Alonso does you say. It wasn't the unnoticed things that people were raving about in his first season, it was his great passing not some fantasy that only you , Lando and god can see.  :p

IF Alonso was playing better this season, and Mascherano is still better, as I believe he is, maybe that just shows that our fond memories of Alonso's first season were perhaps enhanced by time rather than his actual ability and performances?

derby county mate .. the one earlier in the season , then was when people were raving abt a great game by him
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:59 am

Toffeehater wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Obviously Sabre you like the holding midfielders of Alonso and Carricks style, where I prefer the more orthadox style of a holding mid ala Hamman, Makelalee and Mascha.

You cant hide behind the fact Mascha's playing much better with Gerrard, even Peewee's saying so :D

mascha playing better then gerrard???

much better WITH Gerrard
66-1112520797

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:02 am

Sabre wrote:About Alonso's unsung things. When I used that word, by unsung I mean "football work that doesn't appear in the highlights". And yes, Mascherano has done an excellent work in these unsung tasks.

He doesn't have the height and even not the correct positioning of Alonso, but he compensates it with his INCREDIBLE ability for tackling. It's simply a pleasure to see that player tackling. His attitude is spot on, and he chooses very well when to make a foul, he's Argentinian (experts on this art)

And yes, Mascherano is working behind Gerrard so that Gerrard has more freedom. It's true. But it's also true Alonso does the same role for the team (with his particular features) and wasn't that much appreciated. That's among other things, because people are used to him, yes.

S@int says Gerrard is still loved. But Gerrard is a local lad. And in any team of the world a local lad that happens to be a very good player will be loved unconditionally. People will love players like Gerrard and Carraguer, due to his game, no doubt, but also because factors like loyalty, service to the club, etc. We all like seeing a local lad making a debut in the first team, this is natural.

I haven't doubts that Alonso was much more praised in the first season. Some of the praising I read back then made me *blush* in shame, it was exagerated. But I don't buy he has tracked back as a footballer, nor he has improved marginally. That's bóllocks in my book.  He was a fúcking newbie when he joined Liverpool and he has grown a lot as a footballer. He has done so because he knows the league better and he's been working under great coaching staff in a great club. Denying that is unbelievable in my humble opinion. You can see the progress in his international stage,  he was a satellite player 2 years ago, and now he's a Spain regular player.

I can understand that Mascherano is the new fashionable flavour, but I don't think that to praise Mascherano it's necessary to criticise another player.

well said sabre , you described masch perfectly , but u see it's difficult to compare both of the two , firstly they both play in different positons , A defensive mid and a center mid , masch tackles and clears up any mess , alonso gives us the accurate long ball service , which against teams who set out to defend is crucial , 
he could just provide us with that 1 final crucial pass . some people are comparing that alonso has scored more then masch , again it bows done to the fact that they both have different roles in the team . alonso ventures forward but masch mostly stays back with the defense and rarely ventures forward , he does his job very well mascherano . If we do not sign him , i feel we have let such a great player go from within our clutches. It's a good debate but no matter how much we pratically argue , its rafa who picks the team in the end and sorry for those alonso faithfuls , mascherano has to start every game with stevie in the middle , look at the amount of goals stevie has scored while alonso was injured and masch playing with him reguarly , the masch and gerrard partnership needed time to work and when it did gel , the goals started kicking in and we have done a sound job defending .  Yes , we can rotate masch and alonso in certain games , who even revert gerrard to the right , but thats rafa's choice , all we can do is argue and presume and watch the team rafa puts out against man city , that will determine who is his prefered central pairing
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:05 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Good to see our most important player fit again.

Hmmmm ....... :laugh:

Yeah we've really struggled without him havent we Lando ?

How many goals has Mascherano scored this season? In how many games? Also, I find it hilarious how people seem to think that Gerrards improved finishing is in some way down to Mascher`s presence.

Lando , u can't compare , 2 players with different roles and positons in the team . Ozwat if u would be so kind as to tell us how many goals have we conceded when masch was playing and how many have we conceded when alonso was .
Now lando won't that be a better question?

Masch and gerrard partner ship , how many goals scored and conceded Vs alonso and gerrard partnership how many goals scored and conceded .

Ozwat a big thank you in advance , can u pls show us the stats
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:10 am

Effes wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I just dont understand how Alonso is our "most important player" Reina, Carra, Mascha, Gerrard and Torres are more important than Alonso IMHO, we havent missed him. Now though, with him back we run the risk of fecking up our best CM pairing who have been generally brilliant over the last few months or so.

)Some ppl are just too "thick" to understand.....

Our best run of form this season was with a Gerrard & Mash Combo.....Anyone who thinks otherwise deserve to be shot (hey....who am i imitating here....  :p )

When you`ve been to a live game and stopped masturbating over Mascher and Gerrard,you`ll soon see who Rafa rates and deputises. But then,I would never expect a punk like you to make it to a match when the tv will do. (Let alone grasp the difference between ?important? and ?best?...)

Flippin eck - been to a game have we?

I personally wouldn't be upset if we sold Alonso to keep Mash.
Dont get me wrong, Alonso is very good, but I prefer Mash as I think he's as effective
as Makelele was for Chelsea in their first 2 seasons under Mourinho.

i was waiting for someone to say that , selling alonso and keeping masch , now this debate is gonna get prob more intense , the alonso faithful especially
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:13 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

mascha playing better then gerrard???

much better WITH Gerrard

my bad mate sorry
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion