DIRK KUYT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Wilhelmsson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:44 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
dawson99 wrote:i dont know who steve is :p

think he means spurs dude.

crouch is off to newcastle in january virtually done deal ive heard. still whispers around london about defoe coming to us but wh knows how that would work...

Ahh, Michael Dawson.  Haven't heard much from the lad--is he still first choice at Spurs?  He looked the business a couple of seasons back but I don't know if he's demonstrated himself to be a top CB over time.

Michael Dawson is quite literally a terrible defender, he lacks the key attributes a defender needs to be a top class player. So far this season he seems to be making Titus Bramble look like a top talent.

As for Kuyt, I’m having my doubts about him, he works hard and no doubt has talent, but he has yet to show it this season, which is quite concerning. He has not improved upon last season and again this is concerning.

He seems to be lacking confidence; he lacks adventure within his play and he lacks the basic necessities needed to be effective in his position. He has shown little intelligence in his play so far this season, he has shown he prefers to opt for power over precision when firing on goal. He doesn’t get forward enough, despite the CF position being his strongest position.

IMO Kuyt does not and should not be cementing a starting place as he has been doing this season; he has done little to warrant a continued inclusion into the team.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Smeg » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:38 pm

LittleHobo wrote:i do worry though about crouch, voronin and kuyt

in no apparant order all these strikers i rate higher than our 3 who are battling it out who partners torres

van persie
adebayour
rooney
tevez
benny mcarthy
ashton
bellamy
darren bent
berbatov
robbie keane
defoe
martins
viduka
owen
drogba
yakubu
anelka

Of those the only players good enough who would improve on what we have, aswell as being realistic are Ashton, Keane and Anelka. None of the others would fit into our style, Berbatov is massively overated and lacks consistency and the others either don't have the right sort of style to blend into the team and gel with Torres and the midfield or are simply not available.
Smeg

Postby Smeg » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:43 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
dawson99 wrote:i dont know who steve is :p

think he means spurs dude.

crouch is off to newcastle in january virtually done deal ive heard. still whispers around london about defoe coming to us but wh knows how that would work...

Ahh, Michael Dawson.  Haven't heard much from the lad--is he still first choice at Spurs?  He looked the business a couple of seasons back but I don't know if he's demonstrated himself to be a top CB over time.

Michael Dawson is quite literally a terrible defender, he lacks the key attributes a defender needs to be a top class player. So far this season he seems to be making Titus Bramble look like a top talent.

As for Kuyt, I’m having my doubts about him, he works hard and no doubt has talent, but he has yet to show it this season, which is quite concerning. He has not improved upon last season and again this is concerning.

He seems to be lacking confidence; he lacks adventure within his play and he lacks the basic necessities needed to be effective in his position. He has shown little intelligence in his play so far this season, he has shown he prefers to opt for power over precision when firing on goal. He doesn’t get forward enough, despite the CF position being his strongest position.

IMO Kuyt does not and should not be cementing a starting place as he has been doing this season; he has done little to warrant a continued inclusion into the team.

How many games has Dawson actually played this season?

I suppose when he played with King and Spurs looked solid it was all down to King?

How about a back fours a unit... and if one players playing poorly they can all end up playing poorly. I'm guessing you were one of those that couldn't see Carragher was actually playing well under Evans as a centre half, it was what was around him that was letting him down.

Dawson's a decent player, nothing more, nothing less. He's solid but makes the odd mistake.
Smeg

Postby Smeg » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:46 pm

Graeme Noble wrote:I think he is definitely great in the air. Remember his goals against Arsenal in FA Cup, AC Milan in Champions League final and then against Porto last week.

But maybe I did take it one step too far with the clinical finisher, but if he got into the box more then I think he would win more people round.

You are joking? Great in the air?

He's absoloutely awful in the air. He's a disgrace to be honest, Crouch is about 10 times better and thats saying something.

The chances he's actually scored with his head I could put away with a blind fold on and the ones he misses I could probably do the same and I can't head a ball for toffee.
Smeg

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Smeg wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:i do worry though about crouch, voronin and kuyt

in no apparant order all these strikers i rate higher than our 3 who are battling it out who partners torres

van persie
adebayour
rooney
tevez
benny mcarthy
ashton
bellamy
darren bent
berbatov
robbie keane
defoe
martins
viduka
owen
drogba
yakubu
anelka

Of those the only players good enough who would improve on what we have, aswell as being realistic are Ashton, Keane and Anelka. None of the others would fit into our style, Berbatov is massively overated and lacks consistency and the others either don't have the right sort of style to blend into the team and gel with Torres and the midfield or are simply not available.

Stuey  :wwww
LFC2007

Postby Dundalk » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:30 am

Okay enough is enough now with Kuyt. Yes he gives his all for the team and he will run a marathon for Liverpool if needs be. He will be good in the Iron Man and Triathlons if Liverpool ever need someone to represent them in one of those competitions.

However we are not an athletics club and as far as I can see Mr Kuyt is getting paid good money to play football up front for Liverpool. In any other job he would be sacked by now. The man cant score goals which is what forwards at our club used to do!

He will not shoot from any distance its as if he is afraid to. His link up play has gone to the dogs, he was terrible today and on this performance you would wonder how he is worth 10 million.

I dont know if Rafa has him playing like this or if it is just him but he needs to be dropped and Crouch needs to come in. He offers nothing up front in an attacking sense and if he continues the way he is playing at the moment we will be carrying a player in every match.

Best of luck at the Olympics Dirk.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:33 am

Agree 100% Dundalk. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Anyone but Kuyt plz. Even Hyypia would offer a bigger offensive threat.

For some reason some thinks lack of footballing skills can be upweighed by running and working hard.
IT CAN NOT!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Red8 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:41 am

Kuyt is really hard-working and nothing more.  Not sure what Rafa saw in him and what he is seeing so far.  He doesn't create and does not score, except for penos.  Crouch is a much better striker than him.  We need goals and Kuyt is definitely not the answer.  He looks ugly too.  But that is besides the point.
Red8

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:24 pm

I really like the guy, even though I made up my mind about his technique long ago- it's not great (and I can't believe anyone would dispute that).  As hard as he works I just don't think he should be first choice or getting in the side ahead of Crouch.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:02 pm

I see someone said he could be our 'Luca Toni' if his in the box more.  Thats a joke.  Luca Toni is a quality finisher and a good footballer.  Kuyt is neither.
puroresu

Postby stevef209 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:45 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Scored agaisnt Porto though.

Never going to be prolific when he plays the support role behind another striker, but makes space for the other forward and works tirelessly.

When you have a good player, and don't play them (Crouch) then of course that player may be a little rusty at first. How much has Peter played?

I say put him in and let him prove himself....AGAIN!
stevef209

Postby Wilhelmsson » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:02 pm

puroresu wrote:I see someone said he could be our 'Luca Toni' if his in the box more.  Thats a joke.  Luca Toni is a quality finisher and a good footballer.  Kuyt is neither.

Yes, sir I am afraid you are correct. Kuyt is just cheap high street tat such as an item one would purchase at Primark or dare I say it, Matalan.

If you want more for your money then you an item from Debenhams or Gucci, you don’t buy a Kuyt sitting in the window of Primark when you can buy Henrik Larsson from Gucci.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Penguins » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:22 am

Crouch any day of the week.
I just don't understand why the player who played the least of our strikers last season and scored the most goals isn't getting a look in right now when 2 headless chickens in Kuyt and Voronin are in front in the peking order.

Kuyt is a striker and has been Rafa's favourite playing more than any other striker. He has 0, yes 0 goals from open play this season in the PL and will not be close to getting even 10.
He just lacks so many important things which you need as a striker. He lacks all the little things that makes you dangerous when getting to the box. Torres is always looking dangerous when getting close and to some degree so is Crouch. Kuyt is icecold and the sooner we try and upgrade the better.

I just hope Rafa accept his mistake in this case like Morientes and moves on.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:21 am

would like to see a poll on kuyt vs crouch for first team...

for me kuyt is still more useful than crouch...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stevef209 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:05 pm

maguskwt wrote:would like to see a poll on kuyt vs crouch for first team...

for me kuyt is still more useful than crouch...

And why is this?
stevef209

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion