DIRK KUYT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby essexpoolfan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:12 pm

I think we need a striker with more creativity then Kuyt, Crouch or Voronin to play Torres in. Not saying Kuyt can't set up goals but IMO we need a striker that can do it better.
essexpoolfan

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:33 pm

essexpoolfan wrote:I think we need a striker with more creativity then Kuyt, Crouch or Voronin to play Torres in. Not saying Kuyt can't set up goals but IMO we need a striker that can do it better.

like a teddy sheringham typa player?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:53 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
essexpoolfan wrote:I think we need a striker with more creativity then Kuyt, Crouch or Voronin to play Torres in. Not saying Kuyt can't set up goals but IMO we need a striker that can do it better.

Actually think benayoun would make a very good support striker (in the mould of kaka).....

But ...what would i know.....  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:07 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:

a player in the type of these

cantona
litmanen
van persie
bergkamp
berbatov
zidane
tevez
rooney
sheringham
zola

in my view we are still 3 players short of the title....this type of striker, one world beating winger, centre back for the squad
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:15 pm

ahh litmanen
i thought is was such a pity he was never played more.
i agree with little hobo's comments about 3 more players.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:17 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:ahh litmanen

i know it seems negative but rafa hasnt solved the problem that we dont have a winger with genuine match winning quality (against the best teams)

benayoun could do it against the less teams i think but against utd, arsenal, man utd we lack a winger who can lift his game and destroy from the wings

im so annoyed we didnt sign quasimodo and opted for babel who doesnt seem like a winger to me
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:21 pm

LittleHobo wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:ahh litmanen

i know it seems negative but rafa hasnt solved the problem that we dont have a winger with genuine match winning quality (against the best teams)

benayoun could do it against the less teams i think but against utd, arsenal, man utd we lack a winger who can lift his game and destroy from the wings

im so annoyed we didnt sign quasimodo and opted for babel who doesnt seem like a winger to me

i will be disgusted if he became a winger. rafa tends to play players in positions needed instead of positions the players are best at.
it annoys me.
a centreback is desperately needed cause Sami isnt getting younger and we dont have a winger who was able to actually dribble as in really dribble since Mcmanaman.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby essexpoolfan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:24 pm

LittleHobo wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

a player in the type of these

cantona
litmanen
van persie
bergkamp
berbatov
zidane
tevez
rooney
sheringham
zola

in my view we are still 3 players short of the title....this type of striker, one world beating winger, centre back for the squad

Exactly, any of those in our squad and we would be on our way to a top class squad, I think Rafa needs to find one of these players (but still keep Kuyt as he is very useful). I know its going off topic but about a top class winger for against the big tams, lets not forget that Pennant has been brilliant against some of them e.g. Chelsea, Arsenal
essexpoolfan

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:24 pm

LittleHobo wrote:in my view we are still 3 players short of the title....this type of striker, one world beating winger, centre back for the squad

Winger - Ricardo Quaresma

Striker - No way are we gonna by a striker when we have crouch, voronin, Kuyt, Babell and Torres....we have to offload 2 of them before rafa buys another striker.

CB - Steve Dawson or Steven Taylor or Micah Richards will do...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:29 pm

The_Rock wrote:
LittleHobo wrote:in my view we are still 3 players short of the title....this type of striker, one world beating winger, centre back for the squad

Winger - Ricardo Quaresma

Striker - No way are we gonna by a striker when we have crouch, voronin, Kuyt, Babell and Torres....we have to offload 2 of them before rafa buys another striker.

CB - Steve Dawson or Steven Taylor or Micah Richards will do...

Who's Steve Dawson? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:32 pm

i dont know who steve is :p

think he means spurs dude.

crouch is off to newcastle in january virtually done deal ive heard. still whispers around london about defoe coming to us but wh knows how that would work...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:34 pm

dawson99 wrote:i dont know who steve is :p

think he means spurs dude.

crouch is off to newcastle in january virtually done deal ive heard. still whispers around london about defoe coming to us but wh knows how that would work...

Ahh, Michael Dawson.  Haven't heard much from the lad--is he still first choice at Spurs?  He looked the business a couple of seasons back but I don't know if he's demonstrated himself to be a top CB over time.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LittleHobo » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:37 pm

i do worry though about crouch, voronin and kuyt

in no apparant order all these strikers i rate higher than our 3 who are battling it out who partners torres

van persie
adebayour
rooney
tevez
benny mcarthy
ashton
bellamy
darren bent
berbatov
robbie keane
defoe
martins
viduka
owen
drogba
yakubu
anelka
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby FRfanatic » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:27 pm

My point of view:

Johan Cruyff about the game Ned-Romania 2005 (www.cruyff.com)
Wat de wedstrijd betreft, vond ik vooral de manier van spelen van zowel Arjen Robben als Dirk Kuyt interessant. Alle twee blonken ze uit en van alle twee heb ik genoten. Toch was er een verschil, dat te maken heeft met dat de één in Engeland en de ander in Nederland voetbalt.
Een essentieel onderdeel van ons voetbal is namelijk de omschakeling bij balverlies. In Engeland zie je iedereen dan meteen teruglopen, terwijl in Nederland er juist op de bal wordt gejaagd. Anders gezegd, in Engeland gaan ze achteruitlopen, in Nederland :censored:iedereen juist door.
Dirk Kuyt is in dat opzicht de verpersoonlijking van de Nederlandse speelstijl. Bij balverlies worden de aanvallers de eerste verdedigers, door meteen druk op de bal bij de tegenstander te zetten. Omdat de achterhoede dan naar voren komt, wordt het speelveld verkleind en de tegenpartij gedwongen sneller te handelen. Als aanvaller beheerst Dirk Kuyt dit onderdeel perfect. Ik kan echt van die jongen genieten.
TRANSLATION:
About the game, interesting was the way of playing of Robben and Kuyt. Both outstanding . There was a difference though which has to do with the fact that Robben plays in England and Kuyt in Holland. One of the most essential part of Dutch football is how we act when loss of the ball. In England you see everyone going backwards, in Holland we will go after the ball. In other words in England they walk backwards and in Holland everyone moves up. Kuyt is in this aspect in and out a Dutch football player. When the team looses ball possession, the forward become the first defenders. When the defence moves up,play field will become smaller and the opposition is forced to act sooner. As a striker Kuyt knows who to play this role as one of the best. Love to see this lad.
------------------------------
My opinion: It is the system that makes or breaks a player. Kuyt will never be the striker you (most of you)  want him to be. Only in a system with 2 wingers with pace and a workrate to reposses the ball, Kuyt will be a more effective and goalscoring striker.
FRfanatic

Postby Owzat » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:36 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:A team slightly geared around 20 goal per season striker makes the team dependent on that one player alone. Which is why Benitez has over the year consistently said that he would prefer four of his strikers getting 15 goals each than one striker getting 20 or 30.

Igor Biscan was played out of position, Dirk Kuyt isn't. He's playing as a centerforward, and he has to come deep to receive the ball [Just like Torres has in all the games he's gotten]. But Torres still makes runs into the box and dangerous ones at that where as Kuyt doesn't.

Surely to get 15 each while enduring rotation the strikers would each have to be capable of getting 20 a season anyway. (proportion of goals to games)

I think it would be a waste to keep someone like Torres who is clearly capable of getting maybe even 30 a season on the bench in the name of rotation. Believe it or not even HESKEY managed 20 in one season
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion