DIRK KUYT - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:43 pm

Playing the way we do doesn't play to his strengths though. He can compete in the air but he's not an outstanding header of the ball. He's not going to score 15+ goals a season with Pennant's crosses into the box. Nor is he going to stretch defences in behind with his pace like Torres did for his goal against Chelsea.

I think he more than anyone suffers from the lack of a genuine number 10 within our team/squad. I don't think it's a coincidence that last season he had 9 goals up until January, and then when Garcia got injured he only scored 3 more times.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby OneHotRed » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:38 pm

All boils down to rotation and bad tactics again this surely?

Play Kuyt everygame, in his strongest position and he will be better, thats a fact
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AB's Red Army » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:49 pm

OneHotRed wrote:All boils down to rotation and bad tactics again this surely?

Play Kuyt everygame, in his strongest position and he will be better, thats a fact

Does it feck.

This is getting tiresome.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:00 pm

Is it me of does Kuyt look more chunky than in his Feyenoord days, he seems more well built but less sharp.

He looks a little immobile and sloppy, just doesn’t seem to look as sharp.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:07 pm

it's still early... and no buts yet...

as for crouch... I even prefer heskey to him now... at least heskey's knock downs are more accurate...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:10 pm

AB's Red Army wrote:

Does it feck.

YEP YOUR RIGHT!!!! YOU MUST BE!!!

Although it was an inferior league, Kuyt is more or less shocking since he came to LFC, dont get me wrong he runs round like mad, works harder than all / most of out players, at feyenord he didnt do this HALF as much, he was there to score goals, and he did, LOTS OF GOALS, so, there is my reasoning, played as a striker, where he likes it, he scored goals.

Played as a midfield headless chicken hes shocking.

And how about you stop "Landoing" (no offence Lando but its what your known for on here) and post something for discussion instead of a couple of one liners which argues your point very well.
Last edited by OneHotRed on Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:03 pm

for me dirk kuyt rarely even gets goal chances.....the boy has a hard shot....isnt a cool finisher, more of a blaster BUT you cant say he misses alot of chances per game....because of where he plays he rarely even gets good chances

i like him, think hes alot better than this. i remember his debut for us and at that point i thought......."great another player like gerrard who will take a game by the scruff of the neck"

i wanna see that kuyt again
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby AB's Red Army » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:43 pm

OneHotRed wrote:
AB's Red Army wrote:

Does it feck.

YEP YOUR RIGHT!!!! YOU MUST BE!!!

Although it was an inferior league, Kuyt is more or less shocking since he came to LFC, dont get me wrong he runs round like mad, works harder than all / most of out players, at feyenord he didnt do this HALF as much, he was there to score goals, and he did, LOTS OF GOALS, so, there is my reasoning, played as a striker, where he likes it, he scored goals.

Played as a midfield headless chicken hes shocking.

And how about you stop "Landoing" (no offence Lando but its what your known for on here) and post something for discussion instead of a couple of one liners which argues your point very well.

We're playing our club football in England, not in Holland. What he's achieved in Holland [at Feyenoord] is much irrelevant when it comes to playing for this club. At Feyenoord he was the captain. The team was built to his strengths in particular, and part of his success there was down to Salomon Kolou believe it or not.

I've seen him play for Holland as well, he looked average there as well. In terms of goal-scoring ability, he's not a threat. He can be easily shut down. He's not a poacher in this league period.

His first touch is often heavy and takes him away from the ball completely, and at times slows down our build up.

I love his character off and on the pitch, but he's not a match winner ala Robbie Fowler.

But no doubt that you're in a better position the players strengths and weaknesses than that of a manager with pedigree.

There's your argument.
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:58 am

i have made my feelings on kuyt clear enough since last season, the guy isnt good enough and never will be, it takes more than effort to be player
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:05 am

I still can't make my mind up about Kuyt...... either he's playing too deep under orders, or he's cr@p and not much more than a work horse. I really want him to be a success because his attitude is first class, then he gets on the pitch and just doesn't look like hes got many goals in him. His shot to goal ratio must be great because he hardly ever seems to get his shot away. He doesn't miss many chances, but then again he doesnt get many.
account deleted by request

Postby whylongball? » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:16 am

i said in another thread about Kuyt having too many chances by now...It's time for Crouch imho. Torres i thought would be better deployed as second striker given his pace and dribbling skill, no matter which partners he plays with
whylongball?

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:10 am

maguskwt wrote:it's still early... and no buts yet...

as for crouch... I even prefer heskey to him now... at least heskey's knock downs are more accurate...

yes me too
i prefer heskey now

anyway, some say kuyt isnt clinical. what about torres? torres has also missed sitters. but fair play to him he created almost all by himself. so IMO torres is a much better finisher but then who should he play with?

i reckon a voronin and torres partnership can be exciting. crouch is useless. im sick of him.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:12 am

s@int wrote:I still can't make my mind up about Kuyt...... either he's playing too deep under orders, or he's cr@p and not much more than a work horse. I really want him to be a success because his attitude is first class, then he gets on the pitch and just doesn't look like hes got many goals in him. His shot to goal ratio must be great because he hardly ever seems to get his shot away. He doesn't miss many chances, but then again he doesnt get many.

i feel we paid too much for him thus expectations were high
and we are disappointed and rightly so.
he just doesnt have a good first touch, natural goalscoring skills and he cant dribble can he?
he is a very hard worker and i like his attitude but he isnt doing it for me on the pitch
maypaxvobiscum

Postby LittleHobo » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:26 am

it all comes down to this in my opinion

Kuyt wouldnt get into any other of the top teams

neither would crouch

neither would voronin

they are all of newcastle, portsmouth standard.

thats what annoys me, ok utd have their donkey also (saha) but he looks more dangerous than our donkeys
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:46 am

AB's Red Army wrote:
It's time for some rotation

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

How refreshing it is to see that the stories of people who live in America not understanding irony is actually not the case. Fair play to you AB for picking up on that one.

I did notice that later on in the thread you made the point about Kuyt's achievements in Holland being pretty much irrelevent when considering whether or not he has been or will be a success over here. I couldn't agree more to be perfectly honest. He would be by no means the first player to be very successful overseas but to not quite manage to transfer his form to the English Premier League. We all remember Morientes of course, but I hope and believe that Kuyt is not that bad and with a bit of refocus, could still make the grade at the club.

On the question of achievements/successes in overseas leagues being relevent or not to what goes on over here, I can't help but notice that you make something of an exception in the case of Rafa. Funny that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion