DERBY COUNTY vs LIVERPOOL: 26/12/07 - Build up and Match Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:37 pm

Bamaga man: Ah, yes, I agree that the current midfield is clicking, and Alonso has to win back his first choice position in the pitch. I don't like starting eleven players by decree, and Xabi is not an exception.

When Alonso wasn't injured he was playing more than Mascha in the league, and Mascha was used in Europe mainly. Mascherano now has won the first option by his merits.

All I'm saying, is that Alonso was too much praised in the beginning, and perhaps after that, due to that exagerated praises, an amount of "dissapointment" has come.

Maybe people miss this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQpAWScRii8

A great show of Alonso, yes, but a joke of defending team in the other side, Norwich I think. Now Alonso is more watched, and people are not under the massive new signing praise syndrome, but that doesn't mean he's a worse player whatsoever.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:38 pm

peewee wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Good to see our most important player fit again.

Hmmmm ....... :laugh:

Yeah we've really struggled without him havent we Lando ?

hey our blip was because he was injured, dont you know that    :D

the fact all our great results were without him and the fact that he came back yesterday and we struggled to beat the bottom club should not cloud your judgment     :D

Come back with that retarded point of view when you`ve been to watch Liverpool this century,ok pumpkin?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:38 pm

Sabre wrote:About Alonso's unsung things. When I used that word, by unsung I mean "football work that doesn't appear in the highlights". And yes, Mascherano has done an excellent work in these unsung tasks.

Very well put, that. At home against Man U last season, Alonso was absolutely incredible, and yet the highlights packages I saw of that game almost completely edited him out of the match.

I seem to remember seeing a couple of 5 or 6 out of 10 marks in the papers the next day too, even though for me he was MOM by some distance.

As for the whole Alonso v Mascherano thing, I'm just happy that it's our "problem". Two excellent, excellent players that any team worth their salt would kill to have.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Good to see our most important player fit again.

Hmmmm ....... :laugh:

Yeah we've really struggled without him havent we Lando ?

How many goals has Mascherano scored this season? In how many games? Also, I find it hilarious how people seem to think that Gerrards improved finishing is in some way down to Mascher`s presence.

Scoring goals isnt Mascha's objective, preventing them is. Its a bonus if him or Xabi scores.

Its not Gerrards finnishing thats been helped by Mascha, but his ALL ROUND game.  :nod
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:42 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:[ Mascha has played better alongside Gerrard has than Alonso has ever done in his previous seasons gone by.

Disagree completly with that completly we have been to 2 european cup finals and won one. and an F.A cup final with the pairing of Gerrard and Alonso

Eh........

1)Euro Champ league 2005
Gerrard played as a support striker.....a RW.....a RB in the champ league final.

Hamann & Alonso were the midfield pairing.

2)FA cup final
Gerrard was playing RW.

Sissoko & Alonso were playing midfield.
Then Hamann comes on again and steadies the midfield

3)Euro Champ League 2007
Mash & Alonso were holding the fort with gerrard as a support striker

As soon as Mash gets subs, Kaka comes to life and makes the 2nd goal....

Not a dig at alonso but..... Gerrard and Alonso midfield does not work.....i don't think that combination has done well in a big match....

We all agree that Gerrard is the most important player in our team...it then makes sense to build the team around him. (with mash playing behind him)...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:42 pm

horses for courses - if a team comes to anfield and puts 10 men behind the ball alonsos a better option with his superior passing and vision. if the opposition has a world class playmaker in the hole like a kaka, mascheranos postioning and marking skills become more important. Its called diversity. all great sides have it
burjennio

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:45 pm

How many tackles has Alonso made this season Lando? Then compare that to how many tackles Mascher has won. How many assists has Alonso made this season, none!

Mascherano 11 games 77 tackles with 71.4% success
Alonso         7 games  17 tackles with 58.8% success

How many tackles did Alonso win when our midfield was being overrun by Derby, none!

LINK
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:46 pm

The_Rock wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I just dont understand how Alonso is our "most important player" Reina, Carra, Mascha, Gerrard and Torres are more important than Alonso IMHO, we havent missed him. Now though, with him back we run the risk of fecking up our best CM pairing who have been generally brilliant over the last few months or so.

)Some ppl are just too "thick" to understand.....

Our best run of form this season was with a Gerrard & Mash Combo.....Anyone who thinks otherwise deserve to be shot (hey....who am i imitating here....  :p )

When you`ve been to a live game and stopped masturbating over Mascher and Gerrard,you`ll soon see who Rafa rates and deputises. But then,I would never expect a punk like you to make it to a match when the tv will do. (Let alone grasp the difference between ?important? and ?best?...)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:53 pm

Sabre wrote:Bamaga man: Ah, yes, I agree that the current midfield is clicking, and Alonso has to win back his first choice position in the pitch. I don't like starting eleven players by decree, and Xabi is not an exception.

When Alonso wasn't injured he was playing more than Mascha in the league, and Mascha was used in Europe mainly. Mascherano now has won the first option by his merits.

All I'm saying, is that Alonso was too much praised in the beginning, and perhaps after that, due to that exagerated praises, an amount of "dissapointment" has come.

Maybe people miss this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQpAWScRii8

A great show of Alonso, yes, but a joke of defending team in the other side, Norwich I think. Now Alonso is more watched, and people are not under the massive new signing praise syndrome, but that doesn't mean he's a worse player whatsoever.

Instead of saying Youtube can make anyone look good, and Norwich too.  :D

That was a masterclass in passing, it truely was. Xabi doesnt get that kind of space anymore. But that was great to see.
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:56 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I just dont understand how Alonso is our "most important player" Reina, Carra, Mascha, Gerrard and Torres are more important than Alonso IMHO, we havent missed him. Now though, with him back we run the risk of fecking up our best CM pairing who have been generally brilliant over the last few months or so.

Our best run of form this season was with a Gerrard & Mash Combo.....Anyone who thinks otherwise deserve to be shot (hey....who am i imitating here....  :p )

When you`ve been to a live game and stopped masturbating over Mascher and Gerrard,you`ll soon see who Rafa rates and deputises. But then,I would never expect a punk like you to make it to a match when the tv will do. (Let alone grasp the difference between ?important? and ?best?...)

Anyone who calls me a punk deserve to be castrated...shot.... and buried in a pet cementary........ kekekekkek

Btw....if anyone jacks off while thinking of a MALE player.....its you and your love for Alonso......  :rasp
Last edited by The_Rock on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:00 pm

if torres keeps playing the way he has been im gonna start jacking off over him, and im all man
burjennio

Postby Bammo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:02 pm

s@int wrote:How many tackles has Alonso made this season Lando? Then compare that to how many tackles Mascher has won. How many assists has Alonso made this season, none!

Mascherano 11 games 77 tackles with 71.4% success
Alonso         7 games  17 tackles with 58.8% success

How many tackles did Alonso win when our midfield was being overrun by Derby, none!

LINK

According to that link, Gerrard made 0 successful tackles too  ???
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:03 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

Flippin eck - been to a game have we?

I personally wouldn't be upset if we sold Alonso to keep Mash.
Dont get me wrong, Alonso is very good, but I prefer Mash as I think he's as effective
as Makelele was for Chelsea in their first 2 seasons under Mourinho.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:05 pm

I've queried Telegraph stats before - I don't know how they compile them, but they often seem way off.

There were stats from one game where Carra was down as having made something like 6 tackles, when I vividly remembered him making more than that in injury time alone.
ivor_the_injun

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:11 pm

Effes wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

Flippin eck - been to a game have we?

I personally wouldn't be upset if we sold Alonso to keep Mash.
Dont get me wrong, Alonso is very good, but I prefer Mash as I think he's as effective
as Makelele was for Chelsea in their first 2 seasons under Mourinho.

He has been to 1 fuking game...and he thinks he is better than all of us......

I have been to loads of LFC games when they toured US and Asia (yeah...they were friendlies...but hey....u know how much a friendly ticket costs ?  ), and i haven't brought this up...until now when i am being accused over not going to life matches....  :no

I like to make this point clear....i am not saying Alonso su@ks (unlike kuyt & sissoko whom i don't think are good enough for this team)...He is one of our top players.... I do rate him as a player but i think....no wait i know that Gerrard is more important to this team than alonso will ever be. And Gerrard performs better with Mash than Alonso....
Last edited by The_Rock on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion